Gigabyte's Nvidia 9400 powered M-ATX MOBO

stellarola

643 posts in this topic

EFI v8 Patched a Clean 10.5.6 disk original from my MacBook (Aluminum Unibody)

Dropped NVkush, AppleSMBIOSEFI, OpenHaltRestart, IntelCPUPMDisabler, HDA889a 10.5.6 fix(HDAEnabler & AppleHDA) into /S*/L*/E*/

Done!

QE CI Audio LAN works out of original files. NO DSDT!!!!!

Remember Don't Need to waste your time to update, patching anything extra.. i.e. DSDT!!!! BIOS!!!! LOL

This one goes out to yhX.

LOL! Yeah no need to waste your time patching, no DSDT, just waste your time applying Nvkush and IntelCPUPMdisabler, HDAEnabler kext *instead*, it takes *so* much effort. LOL! What a joke! LOL! And what do the poor sods without a "clean original disk" from your Macbook pro do? Nothing? LOL!! Ha! Ha! Ha! all of you guys doing retail install are such idiots! LOL!

Sheesh.

Hey guys? There's like a thousand of us, trying to make heads or tails of all this OSX-onna-PC stuff. So let's try to be respectful of each other and not heap scorn on somebody who took the time to share their discovery. If you don't think it's worthy, there's a more productive and respectful way to chime in without dissing the OP.

I personally am indebted to the many geniuses on this board, because without the shared effort to square this circle I would never have figured out how to build my own kick-ass Macs at a fraction of the cost of Apple's. So let's remember that we're all chasing the same rabbit here, okay? Thank you all.

This one goes out to yhX.

LOL! Yeah no need to waste your time patching, no DSDT, just waste your time applying Nvkush and IntelCPUPMdisabler, HDAEnabler kext *instead*, it takes *so* much effort. LOL! What a joke! LOL! And what do the poor sods without a "clean original disk" from your Macbook pro do? Nothing? LOL!! Ha! Ha! Ha! all of you guys doing retail install are such idiots! LOL!

Sheesh.

Hey guys? There's like a thousand of us, trying to make heads or tails of all this OSX-onna-PC stuff. So let's try to be respectful of each other and not heap scorn on somebody who took the time to share their discovery. If you don't think it's worthy, there's a more productive and respectful way to chime in without dissing the OP.

I personally am indebted to the many geniuses on this board, because without the shared effort to square this circle I would never have figured out how to build my own kick-ass Macs at a fraction of the cost of Apple's. So let's remember that we're all chasing the same rabbit here, okay? Thank you all.

It cuts both ways. yHX was "LOL" at everyone "wasting time" patching the BIOS and using DSDT.

All of that LOL is heaps of scorn and disrespect too. I am pointing out that LOL is not appropriate since most people don't have access to a mac restore disk and besides many of us feel it is better to stay as vanilla as possible and fix the DSDT than to apply of the kexts he had to apply to avoid it.

I am indebted to the real geniuses on this board too and even though I got a retail DVD install to work I don't thumb my nose at all of the folks using distros and restore disks.

...whatever you guys take it.

**Updated** Lag video fix rm -rf /S/L/E/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

GA-E7AUM-DS2H Hac Kext Pack With Missing Audio Kext**

I just want to help whomever couldn't figure out how to get it to work without the ORI MBK UNI 10.5.6/7 DISC

Whomever don't have the Original 10.5.6/7 DISC for MacBook Unibody, just upgrade your own working Hac all the way to 10.5.7 from another Hac that had most Original files and it will be the same thing as soon as you've got it showing 10.5.7. Still as what I've said, no dSTD and BIOS Flash/Hack needed (Do it only if you like to have lower than 2GB Memory Detected). You don't need any other drivers too, so don't waste time to hack/edit your kext info.plist for the one you're starting from scratch. For fastest result, just download the Leo.5.7 Combo Update and do the update rules for Hac, This way you'll have as much kexts as those mbk uni.

I'll just post you some kext I've used. These are the only kexts I've add to this NVMB Hac.

**FOLLOWING IS WHAT I'VE TRIED FOR MY FRIENDS x3** No DSDT & BIOS Hack!!

1, A working 10.5.7 Leopard on a HD/SSD with as much Original Files as possible + EFIv8/9 + Posted Kexts.

2, Plug it to your NVMB

3, Fire it Up,Press F8 then -v -f -s

4, fsck -fy

5, mount -uw /

6, rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext (Know issue for all NV 9xxx, 2xx )

7, rm /System/Library/Extensions.*

8, reboot

Take it easy... and Remember to Thanks for those who made these kext

I really have no juice to upload the whole DMG of mine and don't know anything legal or not to do such thing. I don't even know this post is still here as I saw it crossed out. I'll swing back and see if I get anyone mad again~*

GA_E7AUM_DS2H_Hac_Kexts.zip

post-72342-1244644182_thumb.png

I have been looking for a new mobo to replace my aging d956gtp intel board, and have been trying to find a board that will (should) be good enough for a quad cpu for Snow Leopard..

This board looks amazing.. and from what I have read so far ( still 28 pages of messages to go ) its almost perfect..

So everything works 100%??? Sound In / out / Sleep/wake etc.. all of the standard stuff??

And what about dual monitors with the vga/hdmi ports??

The info would be appreciated. and is anyone running Snow Leopard on it yet??

Abysmal

I used to have this board and i switched to a "Asus P5N7A-VM" witch is in my opinion is a lot better for a hackintosh and a bit cheaper.

I have been looking for a new mobo to replace my aging d956gtp intel board, and have been trying to find a board that will (should) be good enough for a quad cpu for Snow Leopard..

This board looks amazing.. and from what I have read so far ( still 28 pages of messages to go ) its almost perfect..

So everything works 100%??? Sound In / out / Sleep/wake etc.. all of the standard stuff??

And what about dual monitors with the vga/hdmi ports??

The info would be appreciated. and is anyone running Snow Leopard on it yet??

Abysmal

**Updated GA-E7AUM-DS2H Hac Kext Pack With Missing Audio Kext**

(snipp)

I'll just post you some kext I've used. These are the only kexts I've add to this NVMB Hac.

Hi yhX. Have you tried the memtest or anything else? Could you do me a favor and at least right-click the 700 meg combo 5.7 update and choose compress... It goes to about 400 meg before my screen garbles and the graphics is unresponsive.. This only happens with 4 gig+ ram..

/c

**Updated GA-E7AUM-DS2H Hac Kext Pack With Missing Audio Kext**

I just want to help whomever couldn't figure out how to get it to work without the ORI MBK UNI 10.5.6/7 DISC

Whomever don't have the Original 10.5.6/7 DISC for MacBook Unibody, just upgrade your own working Hac all the way to 10.5.7 from another Hac that had most Original files and it will be the same thing as soon as you've got it showing 10.5.7. Still as what I've said, no dSTD and BIOS Flash/Hack needed (Do it only if you like to have lower than 2GB Memory Detected). You don't need any other drivers too, so don't waste time to hack/edit your kext info.plist for the one you're starting from scratch. For fastest result, just download the Leo.5.7 Combo Update and do the update rules for Hac, This way you'll have as much kexts as those mbk uni.

**FOLLOWING IS WHAT I'VE TRIED FOR MY FRIENDS x3** No DSDT & BIOS Hack!!

1, A working 10.5.7 Leopard on a HD/SSD with as much Original Files as possible + EFIv8/9 + Posted Kexts.

2, Plug it to your NVMB

3, Fire it Up,Press F8 then -v -f -s

4, fsck -fy

5, mount -uw /

6, rm /System/Library/Extensions.*

5, reboot

Take it easy... and Remember to Thanks for those who made these kext

I really have no juice to upload the whole DMG of mine and don't know anything legal or not to do such thing. I don't even know this post is still here as I saw it crossed out. I'll swing back and see if I get anyone mad again~*

"Still as what I've said, no dSTD and BIOS Flash/Hack needed (Do it only if you like to have lower than 2GB Memory Detected). You don't need any other drivers too, so don't waste time to hack/edit your kext info.plist for the one you're starting from scratch."

Anybody thinking of following this advice would do well to spend some time reading through this topic. There is no evidence that this approach will get >2GB working, and in fact there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. yhX should at least run the memory test on that installation as well as his MBP recovery disk method before boasting that it really gets you >2GB. The memory limitation problem does not appear evident initially. If the mem test runs successfully under either method I think I won't be the only who is quite surprised.

But hey, whatever. It is your time, use it however you want and if either method actually does get you >2GB really working, I'll happily try to figure out why and get the fix into the retail install guide.

Hi yhX. Have you tried the memtest or anything else? Could you do me a favor and at least right-click the 700 meg combo 5.7 update and choose compress... It goes to about 400 meg before my screen garbles and the graphics is unresponsive.. This only happens with 4 gig+ ram..

/c

Yo Chrilled, Thanks for your check point. The result was same as yours. I'll try to play with it and see if anything can help solving it. I think I'll try to dump its rom into string to get exact INFO of it via the BIOS dump.

Thing I've already tried as follow.

1, DSDT

2, NVkush (Work out great. Less performance compare to NVdarwin tho **100+ CB less**)

3, EFI GFX String Only NVRasman work

4, NVdarwin (Best Result overall, up to 500MB+...but well)

5, BIOS dump to string via windows (Not Yet Done)

I'll try to keep on to this... when I'm refilled.

Yo Chrilled, Thanks for your check point. The result was same as yours. I'll try to play with it and see if anything can help solving it. I think I'll try to dump its rom into string to get exact INFO of it via the BIOS dump.

Thing I've already tried as follow.

1, DSDT

2, NVkush (Work out great. Less performance compare to NVdarwin tho **100+ CB less**)

3, EFI GFX String Only NVRasman work

4, NVdarwin (Best Result overall, up to 500MB+...but well)

5, BIOS dump to string via windows (Not Yet Done)

I'll try to keep on to this... when I'm refilled.

OK so al least we're all clear now. yhX's methods do not solve the >2GB memory problem. yhX you should go back and edit your post so that people are not mislead.

Signal64 et al indicated that the memory limitation is a problem of the BIOS having an incorrect memory map in the SSDT. So we're either going to need a BIOS update (unlikely) or try to patch the SSDT. One way to do this is apparently using the new Chameleon bootloader with SSDT and DSDT override HERE.

OK so al least we're all clear now. yhX's methods do not solve the >2GB memory problem. yhX you should go back and edit your post so that people are not mislead.

Signal64 et al indicated that the memory limitation is a problem of the BIOS having an incorrect memory map in the SSDT. So we're either going to need a BIOS update (unlikely) or try to patch the SSDT. One way to do this is apparently using the new Chameleon bootloader with SSDT and DSDT override HERE.

What would we need in order to create the SSDT map? same board but from other manufacturer?

yxh's kexts do seem to work okay. Since wiping my CMOS trying an SL install, I reinstalled this system WITH ONLY 2 GIGS OF RAM using yxh's kext pack and all seems to work okay (including sound) without the DSDT. The problem that I am now having is the onboard video providing sh*ty playback through plex of hi def mkv's. Anyone else using this board as an HTPC rig? The HTPC rig in my sig, though much less powerful, blows this board away. I'd like to figure out why. Could it be the video driver?

yxh's kexts do seem to work okay. Since wiping my CMOS trying an SL install, I reinstalled this system WITH ONLY 2 GIGS OF RAM using yxh's kext pack and all seems to work okay (including sound) without the DSDT. The problem that I am now having is the onboard video providing sh*ty playback through plex of hi def mkv's. Anyone else using this board as an HTPC rig? The HTPC rig in my sig, though much less powerful, blows this board away. I'd like to figure out why. Could it be the video driver?

Netcastle,

I suspect the video driver. I play full screen HD content on my 1920x1200 monitor and it looks great, however I did try to keep everything vanilla so I'm using the DSDT modded BIOS and the retail driver rather than an injector like NVkush.

I tried it. It panicked on me and I had to reset the CMOS. I think I will try it again with the new bios that dlach referred me to, but I don't know when that will be.

Netcastle, could you PM me that new bios that dlach referred you too. That way I can try it out aswell.

Well I compared this informations to my MBP and anniversary band is identical.

It seems to be activated.

I anticipate it's a limitation of the GeForce 9400. Could anyone affirm this affair at this resolution?

I achievement anyone will acquisition out how to fix the >2Gb Ram issue. I absolutely wish to analysis if it will boldness my backward problems. Is there any advance on this?

ip pbx

Cupcake_Boy

You can find a link to the aforementioned BIOS in the first post of the GA-E7AUM-DS2H Leopard retail DVD install guide HERE.

Thanks for the link dlach. I just finished installing Leopard with your guide. You did a great job on the tutorial.

It's the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext, rm -rf it and you'll be happy with it.

I've given up on this board. Sure, it runs OS X okay, but little things like sleep and memory issues keep it from working right. Little things that don't work right bug me. Wife says it's because I am a Virgo - I don't know about that, but I hate stuff that just doesn't work right. So I stuck WIN 7 RC on it and use it with a couple of HD Home Runs and it's a perfect HTPC that way.

I'd like to try another micro-atx board with integrated graphics with OS X, (maybe the Asus 9300 based board) but I just don't need to toss that kind of money at yet another machine. So for now my OS X box is a Intel D945GCLF2 (Atom 330) board stuck in a APEX MI-008 box with 2 gb RAM. It's almost as cheap as it gets, and absolutely everything works - sleep, shutdown, audio after sleep, LAN - you name it. It's not a screamer, but it runs well enough to play on the internet, run I-tunes and write. It's not much bigger than a Mac Mini and it probably uses even less power. Great little board for day to day use, but the graphics are not going to cut it for anything very heavy duty.

Love the board for Linux and Win, love OS X, too bad they aren't really absolutely perfect together.

Just for others who have interested in this mainboard, I have this mainboard and tried flash the BIOS to stock F3A and hack F3X firmware (with EFI string).

Installed 8GB (4 x 2GB module) with iPC OSx86 10.5.6 and update 10.5.8. I have also have Palit 9500GT 1GB PCIe installed and still get into problem of the Leopard hanging when running memory test.

Windows 7 runs fine with 8GB RAM, sleep (S3) works - video + ethernet + sound all woke up without issue.

For me, it's more or less conclude that this board is not good >2GB for Leopard. I have the board running now with 2GB, while still having problem with SLEEP (no screen + dead audio when wake). It's an temporary board for me, eventually this will replaced my exsiting Windows HTPC when Win 7 arrived -> CORE i7 becomes cheaper

Anyone else have similar experience, i.e using >2GB RAM with external PCIe Video?

a few weeks ago i was buying a MBP 13", so i have a 10.5.7 restore dvd.

i think about to buy this board, but after reading this thread aim not shure if this will ever get to work properly.

did anyone tryed this actuall dvd for install?

a few weeks ago i was buying a MBP 13", so i have a 10.5.7 restore dvd.

i think about to buy this board, but after reading this thread aim not shure if this will ever get to work properly.

did anyone tryed this actuall dvd for install?

The ASUS board may be less cumbersome at the moment.