Gigabyte's Nvidia 9400 powered M-ATX MOBO

stellarola

643 posts in this topic

Why do we need a special distro?

We have clear instructions for installing from a retail DVD. Otherwise. if you have to go with a torrent alternative you can go the restore disk route for which there are also clear instructions.

Either way you only need a couple of non-vanilla kexts.

Thank you for your nice guide. :)

I can install 10.5.6 retail DVD very easily.

Some problems are present and I try to fix.

1) Orange Icon of SATA HDD

It was solved by OrangeHDIconFix.pkg of iPC OSx86 10.5.6

2) can not Restart

It was solved by OpenHaltRestart.pkg of iPC OSx86 10.5.6

3) network interface dismissed after wakeup

It was solved by nForceLAN.pkg of iPC OSx86 10.5.6( as your suggestion )

4) audio can't work after wakeup

I can not find any solution. :(

Thank you for your nice guide. :)

I can install 10.5.6 retail DVD very easily.

Some problems are present and I try to fix.

1) Orange Icon of SATA HDD

It was solved by OrangeHDIconFix.pkg of iPC OSx86 10.5.6

2) can not Restart

It was solved by OpenHaltRestart.pkg of iPC OSx86 10.5.6

3) network interface dismissed after wakeup

It was solved by nForceLAN.pkg of iPC OSx86 10.5.6( as your suggestion )

4) audio can't work after wakeup

I can not find any solution. ;)

Thanks for the fixes Bluenight. I'll update the guide.

Signal64,

Wow good job.

I just got the board and using an IDE drive can get into safe mode 10.5.5. vanilla 9.2 kernel (iDeneb). Finds Quad processor, 8 gb ram.

Can't wait for a 10.5.6 package to do the full EFI. For now what injectors would get this working?

It seems to be hanging at the mDNSResponder(or maybe after). Tried Nait and it seems to find the IGP but non safe mode still hangs, AppleNforceATA won't find the SATA drives, but will try turning on AHCI after I'm sure vista won't freak out.

Any ideas on MCP7A,Realtek 8211CL kexts, please?

My 1.5.5 works with JMicron chipset kext and full QE support with NVKush, but surprisingly I cannot get sound and network...

Hello, Am I the only one who have 'POP' sound when using the green audio output with Signal64 DSDT.aml + Audio kext ?

I'm using 10.5.6 and I disabled HDMI in BIOS.

I hear it too, it pops right before making sound if it hasn't made any for a while.

I tried adding BAAAAAAAAQACAAAAAAAABwAAAAA= to your bios by hex editing the old string out, but I'm guessing that isn't the correct way to do it since it didn't work. I also tried your bios tool but was a bit confused while working with it. Is there any way you could cook a bios with this NVcap? So far the only way I've been able to boot with both displays (DVI+vga) is with this as an EFI string nvcap. Using it with your bios doesn't work, and using it in an nvkush kext Info.plist doesn't work either.

OpenHaltRestart file for some reason when I click the link to down load this file it won't let me. it might be the website or something is there another place I might be able to get this file?

edit:

I set this up on a sata hard drive.

I followed the direction to the t but after doing the repair on the permission and rebooting it won't boot I have to put the cd back in to get it to boot agian.

any ideas?

Just when I thought the > 4GB was working, I got graphics corruption. I remember reading there was a setting in the bios that would correct it. Does anyone know the specifics?

No. It's in the bios, but it's not an option or anything you can change. If you've read the last few pages it should be apparent what needs to be done, just re-read please. We're pretty much hoping for the last few bits of the puzzle still.

Hello everyone!

First I want to thank you all for the good job.

I managed to install osx from the 10.5.6 retail disk.

I followed dlach's guide and everthing worked as explained.

The only thing is that I lost my ps2 keyboard by applying PC_EFI V9 Chameleon and smos.kext, SMBIOSenabler.kext, AppleHDA.kext. I can easily get it back by using the boot 132 cd. So I installed AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext without any success. I also tried the keyboard fix package I found on this forum without more success.

Another think is that I can't play 1080p movies as smoothly as i do with my MPB GeForce 8600M GT. Worst I can't even play without lags a flash video in full screen in 1920x1080.

I heard about a friend who purchased the new mac mini that it wasn't an issue.

Could it be improved by using dual channel (I got 2x2Gb so only one is plugged in because of the >2Gb issue).

Could someone confirm all this?

My config:

GA-E7AUM-DS2H

E8400 3Ghz without any OC

2Gb of Corsair XMS2 800Mhz DDR2

1Tb Seagate SATA Hard Drive

It sounds to me like you have video setup with an EFI string thats either not working with koalala's bios if that's what you're using, or you don't have a nvkush or appropriate video kext loaded.

Hello everyone!

First I want to thank you all for the good job.

I managed to install osx from the 10.5.6 retail disk.

I followed dlach's guide and everthing worked as explained.

The only thing is that I lost my ps2 keyboard by applying PC_EFI V9 Chameleon and smos.kext, SMBIOSenabler.kext, AppleHDA.kext. I can easily get it back by using the boot 132 cd. So I installed AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext without any success. I also tried the keyboard fix package I found on this forum without more success.

Another think is that I can't play 1080p movies as smoothly as i do with my MPB GeForce 8600M GT. Worst I can't even play without lags a flash video in full screen in 1920x1080.

I heard about a friend who purchased the new mac mini that it wasn't an issue.

Could it be improved by using dual channel (I got 2x2Gb so only one is plugged in because of the >2Gb issue).

Could someone confirm all this?

My config:

GA-E7AUM-DS2H

E8400 3Ghz without any OC

2Gb of Corsair XMS2 800Mhz DDR2

1Tb Seagate SATA Hard Drive

Well I forgot to tell: I installed koalala's modified bios and I have seen somewhere that with this bios NVkush extension wasn't necessary. Sorry but I don't know so much about EFI string. What kext driver do you suggest to try to fix my video issue?

Thanks

Well I forgot to tell: I installed koalala's modified bios and I have seen somewhere that with this bios NVkush extension wasn't necessary. Sorry but I don't know so much about EFI string. What kext driver do you suggest to try to fix my video issue?

Thanks

None, it's entirely unnecessary. You shouldn't have an EFI string with video in it unless you added it yourself. Theoretically you should have fully working video. What does it say in About This Mac?

Ok btw, I'm using HMI.

It says:

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 :

Jeu de composants : NVIDIA GeForce 9400

Type : Moniteur

Bus : PCI

VRAM (totale) : 256 Mo

Fournisseur : NVIDIA (0x10de)

Identifiant du périphérique : 0x086a

Identifiant de révision : 0x00b1

Révision de la ROM : NVIDIA GeForce 9400 OpenGL Engine

Moniteurs :

SAMSUNG :

Résolution : 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Profondeur : Couleurs 32 bits

Core Image : Avec accélération matérielle

Moniteur principal : Oui

Miroir : Désactivé

Connecté : Oui

Quartz Extreme : Géré

Rotation : Géré

Connecteur pour le moniteur :

État : Aucun moniteur connecté

turn on Quartz GL and Quartz Extreme, my french is pretty crappy but it looks like it's supported but not turned on?

indeed it seems supported but not activated. how could i turn it on

here is the english version.NVIDIA GeForce 9400:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x086a

Revision ID: 0x00b1

ROM Revision: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 OpenGL Engine

Displays:

SAMSUNG:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Well, to me it looks like this is just the "french" way of telling you that it's activated and ready for use.

Maybe you could test it by rotating your display output and then check if it still says "rotation: géré" or something like activated.

st

Well I compared this informations to my MBP and each line is identical.

It seems to be activated.

I think it's a limitation of the GeForce 9400. Could someone confirm this issue at this resolution?

I hope someone will find out how to fix the >2Gb Ram issue. I really want to check if it will resolve my lagging problems. Is there any progress on this?

Well I compared this informations to my MBP and each line is identical.

It seems to be activated.

I think it's a limitation of the GeForce 9400. Could someone confirm this issue at this resolution?

I hope someone will find out how to fix the >2Gb Ram issue. I really want to check if it will resolve my lagging problems. Is there any progress on this?

Use OSX86Tools to enable quartz gl and quartz extreme, the 9400 can more than handle 1080p.

Not true. I just received this board for a new build and I am using 4gb ram with IPC 10.5.6. If I could get profiler working right, I'd be a happy camper. Everything else seems to be working (LAN/VID/SHUTDOWN/SOUND).

This board lacks the ability to support greater than 2 gigs of ram.

Not true. I just received this board for a new build and I am using 4gb ram with IPC 10.5.6. If I could get profiler working right, I'd be a happy camper. Everything else seems to be working (LAN/VID/SHUTDOWN/SOUND).

Leppy700m, try SMBIOSresolver.kext pointed to in my guide to installing retail 10.5.6 on this board. You can find the guide HERE.