Retail DVD 10.5.6 install for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

lensboard

410 posts in this topic

I have just found a major thread by sonotone here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114834 which lists lots of extension packages for different motherboards. There is a package there for this mobo, the GA-EP45-DS3L packaged my Memfys. Has anybody tried it?. Is it old / up to date, different in any way worth knowing?

I will download it and have a look when I get some time.

EDIT - Just had a quick look and there are a lot of extensions used. I don't understand that much about what all the extensions do, just the ones that I have come across. By looking at the just the Disabler.kext it contains 4 blocks, two of which are EFINVRAM and EFIRuntime (which I think are needed to run Firewire devices properly)?

Comparatively, the Disabler.kext that I use contains only 2 blocks. AppleUpstreamUserClientDisabler which corrects the quicktime mouse lag from 10.5.6, and IntelCPUPMDisabler which allows me to leave Apple's IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in the S/L/E folder for an untouched vanilla install.

I have noticed for my own vanilla install that I can now remove IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext from Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions folder, as it's blocked in the Disabler.kext. (No point having it done twice). ;)

blackosx - I see you have your sleep working again. I have the same board and the auto sleep does'nt work. Manual sleep and wake work though. I think that was your problem as well. What was the issue with you mouse?

blackosx - I see you have your sleep working again. I have the same board and the auto sleep does'nt work. Manual sleep and wake work though. I think that was your problem as well. What was the issue with you mouse?

Hi. Yeah, like you manual sleep & wake work but auto sleep doesn't (I am running lensboards install at the moment, but I will try with my other vanilla install later).

But for the mouse, when I put the computer to sleep, the optical tracking light never went out and that stopped the computer sleeping. I have borrowed a Microsoft Intellimouse from work and it sleeps with that, and the optical tracking light goes out no problems. It was just a cheap mouse I guess. Also, when I tried system sleep, the console reported the following error, Wake reason = USB2. That then changed to Wake reason = USB1 after I had swapped the port it was plugged in to.

EDIT: - I have just tried my vanilla install and auto sleep works on that! (I will retry on my Lensboard install just to be sure)

Just tried my lensboard install again and it doesn't auto sleep, but I have messed about with this install a bit when I was trying to get sleep working. So can someone else possibly test auto sleep with a cleaner lensboard install?

I have noticed for my own vanilla install that I can now remove IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext from Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions folder, as it's blocked in the Disabler.kext. (No point having it done twice). ;)

I have now found out that for my vanilla install that as I am running AppleDecrypt and Disabler I can also remove dsmos.kext from Chameleon's /Extra/Extensions folder.

Everything appears to be stable for the 10.5.7 combo update route. Anyone notice anything? I will post the update to the guide soon then otherwise.

I applied the 10.5.7 combo update yesterday to my "lensboard-10.5.6" installation, and everything seems to be working as good as before. I've been giving it a good workout too, so I'm pleased.

I updated by logging into my kaly install, then applied the combo update to my "Macintosh" volume from there. Re-ran the the pcwiz installer thing without the boot installer option checked, ran the post install patch, and voila.

I updated by logging into my kaly install, then applied the combo update to my "Macintosh" volume from there. Re-ran the the pcwiz installer thing without the boot installer option checked, ran the post install patch, and voila.

Well done rob0tics. That's the way. Thanks for confirming it works for you too. :)

Everything appears to be stable for the 10.5.7 combo update route. Anyone notice anything? I will post the update to the guide soon then otherwise.

Before I could read blackosx solution to upgrade from a retail leopard 10.5.6, I tried to upgrade online from master hard disk. Leopard asked me to restart my leopard while it continued installing.

Suddenly appeared a message asking me to shut down computer or to reset. I did it, and since that I always got that message right after apple screen in a loop.

Before that, I had done a superduper backup on another hdd, which I could only make bootable after applying PC_EFI v9 with UInstaller provided in lensboard pack. So I could boot from my backup copy and do what blackosx mentioned before. I haven't checked sleep issue yet, but I will.

By the way, I have got a XFX nvidia 9600 GT 512 Mb video card and I didn't need to apply aquamac gfx strings and NVDarwin again.

Everything seems to be OK now.

P.S.: I want to thank especially blackosx for helping me activating my account and letting me that way to reply to this fantastic forum. :(

I want to thank especially blackosx for helping me activating my account and letting me that way to reply to this fantastic forum. :(

Welcome macastragalos. Good to hear you got your account sorted! ;)

So what happens when you put the computer to sleep? Does it shutdown? Restart? Nothing?

I guess you have the 10.5.6 shutdown fix installed from lensboard's guide?

Have you tried installing OpenHaltRestart.kext ?

If not, you can find it here http://www.mediafire.com/?yznzqmhmtng

I will install when I am back in front of my hackintosh. Should I also uninstall lensboard's shutdown fix ? How should I do it ?

Thank you very much, again !! :thumbsup_anim:

OpenHaltRestart.kext ?

Hi Cyberdog

Just putting some ideas in the pot for macastragalos as when I built my retail vanilla install I didn't use lensboards 10.5.6 shutdown fix because I only wanted to use Chameleon's /Extra folder. So OpenHaltRestart.kext worked a treat there.

Before we do anything can I ask you which install you are using?

Are you using Lensboards 10.5.6 install updated to 10.5.7? or my vanilla retail install using Chameleon v2?

I used a generic CD boot 132 instaler and a leopard 10.5.6 retail dvd. After that I followed lensboard's guide using UInstaler, which one I applied Gigabyte-EP45-DS3L-Rev1 kext pakage, set boot timeout, installed PC_EFI v9 Chamaleon Edition 1.0.12 and finally I think I applied Ethernet EFI String (Time Machine Fix).

I think that I have done a vanilla retail install but as I see with Chameleon v1.0.12, not 2.

I hope I have given you enough information

Thanks ! ;)

P.S.: Before I read your post, I used UInstaler to install OpenHaltRestart.kext. There is no problem as I have a 1:1 copy on another hdd . But Sleep still does not run well and leopard asks me for a bluetooth mouse that I don't have. I force shut down and the problem desappears, but every 2 times I boot, it appears again. So I think I am going to restore my past leopard state with superduper.

I used a generic CD boot 132 instaler and a leopard 10.5.6 retail dvd. After that I followed lensboard's guide using UInstaler, which one I applied Gigabyte-EP45-DS3L-Rev1 kext pakage, set boot timeout, installed PC_EFI v9 Chamaleon Edition 1.0.12 and finally I think I applied Ethernet EFI String (Time Machine Fix).
Okay, so you have followed Lensboards install guide. Thanks.

I think that I have done a vanilla retail install but as I see with Chameleon v1.0.12, not 2.
Don't get confused with a vanilla retail install as that means not changing anything from the retail DVD, but this guide by Lensboard will install to the System/Library/Extensions folder which patches the system, therefore changing the system, so it's not vanilla.

P.S.: Before I read your post, I used UInstaler to install OpenHaltRestart.kext.....

But Sleep still does not run well and leopard asks me for a bluetooth mouse that I don't have.

So I think I am going to restore my past leopard state with superduper.

Okay, so you've tried OpenHaltRestart.kext, it was worth a try.

Do you have bluetooth hardware in the PC? a Dongle?

Okay, restore your past leopard state and we'll have a look at sleep again :)

Okay, so you have followed Lensboards install guide. Thanks.

Don't get confused with a vanilla retail install as that means not changing anything from the retail DVD, but this guide by Lensboard will install to the System/Library/Extensions folder which patches the system, therefore changing the system, so it's not vanilla.

Okay, so you've tried OpenHaltRestart.kext, it was worth a try.

Do you have bluetooth hardware in the PC? a Dongle?

Okay, restore your past leopard state and we'll have a look at sleep again :P

Yes, as you can now see on my signature, I put yesterday an old MSI Bluetooth Dongle and it ran well. I have seen that Leopard only tries to ask me for a bluetooth mouse, when I must force shut down, or in this case when I try to get sleep running well (it shuts down too)

I am really a beginner in this hackintosh world, and I supposed seriously I had performed a vanilla retail install :) . Have you done it without problems ?

Thanks again !!!

Wonderful !!! I will perform that installation on another hard disk, as you have done. The only difference between my equipment and yours is your graphics card. I couldn't get such one, so I have got a 9600 GT 512 Mb. If I apply gfx strings and NVDarwin in order that it has QE & CI enabled, could it still be considered a fully vanilla install ??

By the way, Why do you left a Windows partition ? Perhaps you were thinking in parallels windows installing ?

Wonderful !!! I will perform that installation on another hard disk, as you have done. The only difference between my equipment and yours is your graphics card. I couldn't get such one, so I have got a 9600 GT 512 Mb. If I apply gfx strings and NVDarwin in order that it has QE & CI enabled, could it still be considered a fully vanilla install ??

Can you just use the EFI graphics string? See if this helps you http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=148188

As long as you leave the retail install untouched then you can call it vanilla.

And yes, I plan to install windows in that partition, but I haven't got it round to sorting that yet. But I will use a VM in the mean time :)

Can you just use the EFI graphics string? See if this helps you http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=148188

As long as you leave the retail install untouched then you can call it vanilla.

And yes, I plan to install windows in that partition, but I haven't got it round to sorting that yet. But I will use a VM in the mean time :)

In the combinated installation between boot 132 and lensboard's guide I could not get CI & QE without gfx strings and NVDarwin, but who knows if it runs better if I try a vanilla installation as you ?

Let's have a try !! :(

In the combinated installation between boot 132 and lensboard's guide I could not get CI & QE without gfx strings and NVDarwin, but who knows if it runs better if I try a vanilla installation as you ?

Let's have a try !! :)

Okay. Go for it and let me know how you get on. :)

EDIT:

If you have to add NVdarwin to get QE/CI then so be it.

But maybe you can look in to using DSDT patching.. I am looking at this currently. :(

Okay. Go for it and let me know how you get on. :(

EDIT:

If you have to add NVdarwin to get QE/CI then so be it.

But maybe you can look in to using DSDT patching.. I am looking at this currently. :P

Thank you very much !!

Yesterday at night I tried for the first time your vanilla install following your guide, bit I had problems installing Leopard form the image I had on a hdd in order to accelerate the procedure. Then I tried to used my Retail 10.5.6 Leopard DVD but it only asks me to reboot in order to install.

I made 3 partitions, one called Chameleon (1 Gb), another called Macintosh (aprox. 400 Gb) and a last called Windows (FAT). So I am stuck in this process. But I will go on. I will tell you what will happen.

See you !! :)

Then I tried to used my Retail 10.5.6 Leopard DVD but it only asks me to reboot in order to install.

To install the Leopard DVD, use the method that Lensboard described in his 10.5.6 guide... It says this....

Insert a real Leopard install DVD or mount the DVD image.

Launch the terminal, and type cd "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages"

Then type open OSInstall.mpkg

That should get you up and running

:)

To install the Leopard DVD, use the method that Lensboard described in his 10.5.6 guide... It says this....

Insert a real Leopard install DVD or mount the DVD image.

Launch the terminal, and type cd "/Volumes/Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages"

Then type open OSInstall.mpkg

That should get you up and running

;)

Perfect !!! :whistle:

What do you mean by saying "Rebuild Chameleon's /Extra/extensions.mkext" in your vanilla install guide ?