Leo4AllV3 Dell Studio Graphics and WiFi

CompCrasher86

221 posts in this topic

It doesn't work, the mcsmart enabler is a kind of script wich adds new device in a Plist, (i don't know if we can make it work in an instaler) this Plist is located here :

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleAirPort4311.kext/Contents You can dowload my working plist with ID added by the enabler (we can also add the good device with Plist edditor), and manage the instaler to instal it in the right place, or if it is not possible you can take your IO80211Family.kext, add the plist in it, and make your instaler to install the whole kext... (i don't give you the whole kext because it is too big)... One question : my plist works well on my system which is 10.5.6, I don't know if it works with others OSX version because of the bundle library, may be yes, but i'm not sure because i had to add again the device with the enabler after the 10.5.6 update, need tests... cheers

Info.plist.zip

Well I am working on this and the 2 finger scroll feature at this point I know the enabler is a script file but the installers will run script files however it is tricky to get them to do so. I will try one thing more before we talk about the .kext file for download I would rather just figure the installer to run the script but this is tricky. This way it should work regardless of what release people are using. I would not think of that as a prblem however we will have to wait and see. I will have another beta here soon. So the .plist you left me is from what directory?

Nevermind I over looked your directory..... Is this plist. pre patched?

Here give this a shot and let me know if it works.

This method simply installs the already updated info.plist where it should go.

You may need to repair permissions if it does not work on reboot

Dell_1397_Wireless.zip

Didn't work neither but it's my fault I did not give you the right direction, the plist has to go in :

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleAirPort4311.kext/Contents/AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext/Contents

This kext already exists, just need to replace the plist, but as I said, I'm not sure that will work other systems than 10.5.6...

And thanks again

I have someone who is doing a fresh install of iDeneb that I would like to get this done for so he could test and report back.

I will change the location of the install info.plist and the installer and send it to him.

Just a side not I have created our own #DellStudio chat room @ irc.osx86.hu

Okay here is the info.plist that is going into the right directory.

Dell_1397_Wireless_Installer.zip

Okay everyone I have created a chat room for all Dell Studio owners on irc.osx86.hu channel name is #DellStudio

Please feel free to drop in and check it out, or post here if you have any issues finding it.

Thanks, Mark

If anyone knows how to right a framebuffer I would gladly pay for help.... but I fear it is not just the FB but binary too but LastExile can help with that, however we are still waiting on the new updates.

However Link14 if you paid to get the upgraded lcd put in your studio you can change res. by adding your res options into the app.com.boot.plist however, if you did not request a better LCD or if your max res under windows was 1280x800 then you are stuck with 1024x768.

If anyone knows how to right a framebuffer I would gladly pay for help.... but I fear it is not just the FB but binary too but LastExile can help with that, however we are still waiting on the new updates.

I would pay too, but my code's knowledge is so bad that it would be very expensive, surely more expensive than the laptop... :)

About the new updates, it would be very great that apple add a new framebuffer which could resolve our issues, but I'm affraid it is not sure at all because apple seems to prefer Nvidia at the moment... At least it could be for the new iMac ? the apple mini ? Mac Pro ? but surely not for macbook/macbook pro series because last updates are very recent for this stuff... and as we know, ATI doesn't make framebuffers as Nvidia one (kind of generic one which can be modded for different lineout with nVcap), ATI one are restricted to specific use : desktop framebuffers do not have Internal LVDS out (see this new post)...

So, we mustn't give up the hope, but I think we mustn't espect a lot with new updates... (I hope I 'm wrong !)

Hey can anyone confirm or deny that fire wire is indeed working , Ill buy one of these right now to upgrade from my OSX dell mini if firewire works.. need to pull in video somehow from camcorders..

FIREWIRE does it work? Yes or no .. please confirm

Hey can anyone confirm or deny that fire wire is indeed working , Ill buy one of these right now to upgrade from my OSX dell mini if firewire works.. need to pull in video somehow from camcorders..

FIREWIRE does it work? Yes or no .. please confirm

I don't have any FW periph so i can't confirm