Leo4AllV3 Dell Studio Graphics and WiFi

CompCrasher86

221 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I've got a problem :)

Until today, my sound with ridgeline's kext was working perfectly on builtin speakers (it is working fine on them in fact), BUT, i plugged in my logitech speakers with subwoofer, and.... i have no bass :)

Searching the forums revealed that i'm not the one having this problem, but seems i'm the only one on dell laptops :( I tried different kext from other threads and they appear not to work at all :(

I even tried this method - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=127877 - and after that i simply can't boot into desktop (i get blue screen and that's all) ... so i didn't manage to find a fix for now.

Bad thing is, i must leave the country in 36 hours together with my laptop and speakers, but as i said they don't have bass for now. If someone had similar issues, and managed to fix them, please, share you appleHDA.kext's.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT : Damn, i fixed this by using the solution provided in the link above, except, i did not remove all three "MaximumBootBeep", "MuteGPIO" and "SignalProcessing" but just "SignalProcessing" and it worked with full bass baby :D By the way, the annoying clicks that i experienced on high volume has dissappeared as well!!! :)

Here's my AppleHDA.kext, it's the same as in the ridgeline's post #19, but with the whole "SignalProcessing" stuff deleted, which means that you no longer have those annoying click (for those who had them of course) and you can hear the proper bassline out of the subwoofer ifusing external speakers with yur hackintosh :censored2:

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Hi Ridgeline and all, Happy New Year :)

With MrKrabs change in AppleHDA I still don't have internal speakers mute when I use external one... and there is now this error message in dmesg :

assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1130 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidgetALC262.cpp" at line 73 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1341 goto handler
Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1130 goto Exit
Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1130 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidgetALC262.cpp" at line 73 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1341 goto handler

Okay well that message will always show up until we can figure out the widget error..... I knew it was there but you normally won't see it until you boot with flags. It has really had no adverse effect and the problem may result from our sound driver be created by me modifing the ALC262 driver from Apple. The alternative is using a Tiger version but the sound is not as clear and I noticed a few loud clicks at boot everytime I used it. I will start looking back into the audio driver soon, and I don't think the error I got was quite as long as the one you posted, but nonetheless it was still there....

And thanks for the feedback

Yeah, I only got this message when i run sudo dmesg in terminal, or with -v flag boot...

I have tried Compcrasher tweaked com.apple.driver.ApplePS2Trackpad.plist (see ranova's thread here) for 2 fingers scroll, scrolling works very well but i felt trackpad pointing was too slow (in fact slow is not the word, i should say the "amplitude" is not as large as i like), so i have tried to change the values in but couldn't get good results... but finally i tried to use the tweaked file for dell XPS1530 and i found trackpad pointing works the way i like, so i just added the CompCrasher values for two finger scroll (speedscale at 200 and zAcceptThreshold at 30) and worked the way i like!

Here is the file to download for those who are instersted

cheers

TrackpadScrolling_Dell_Studio_1535.zip

Way to go Boombeng...... I am happy someone took the time.... I am currently running XP Pro on my Studio as I am waiting for LastExlie to work his magic on the video. I am stumped with it and very frustrated I am working on it still but put this on hold.... The headphones make it almost perfect.

Thanks,

A big high five to boombeng for getting the muting headphones working. I myself, have not been able to get into OSX ever since I update my bios to A06 from A04, booting with -x sometimes works but everything is VERY VERY laggy. Booting normal just takes outrageously long I always get frustrated and shut down. Trying to find cause. Hope I dont have to disable dual core...

Hi guys,

Going to take my hands on my hackbook this everning, to try out all the latest kext's posted here...

Also i i will take a look at my sleep problem, which is basically not working. When i press sleep , my desktop goes black and eventually goes back to normal state. i.e. sleep is not working ;)

maybe somebody had similar issue?

Also, after upgrading to 10.5.6, as the darwin counts down from 5 to zero at boot, i get "Sleepimage has garbage" error, and then it starts booting... anyone has idea what's this garbage about?))

You might want to check with Netkas as that is part of PCEFIv9 and he created it..... I get the same thing and while sleep would be nice I am not worrying about much until I get video working.....

you could also check his site

www.netkas.org

Boombeng i noticed the fan program in my testing has made a few programs operate oddly such as pacifist.... I don't know why but, I don't get the oddities when I don't use it... I like the better fan control however the issues may not be worth it. I can always turn it on as needed.... but have you noticed any of this.

Also since my update to 10.5.6 I no longer have a working webcam. I tried to pull the usb fix from other places which is what I have used to fix the issue on other installs however no matter what I try it breaks my install. Can any one confirm or test yours if available. I will say I will probably not every use it however it would be nice.

Hi,

Ridgeline, I didn't notice oddities using pacifist while runing I8kfan program, strange...

About webcam, i have also troubles since 10.5.6, i noticed that 2 or 3 days ago and tried different third party drivers like macam or other but any is working... i can still take a shot in user preference, it is w still working with skype but doesn't work anymore with ichat.

I didn't test the usb fix and i didn't know it, can you give more details ? may be it's just bundle library to update in the plist ?

do you have any news from lastExil or Fujilive about graphic card ?

MrKrabs, i have already tested the terminal trick to eliminate the "sleep image garbage etc..." message, and with my tests it disappears only for one boot and comes back again...And about sleep problem, i neither didn't work on that because it is surely linked to video card, i just can say that i have tested Superhai's EHCIsleepEnabler a few weeks ago when i was in 10.5.5 (works for dell XPS laptops) and it worked somewhat : while sleep the screen freezed in grey (video card issue ?), the hard drive stoped, but not the fans...

I tried this :

sudo -s
rm /var/vm/sleepimage
pmset -a hibernatemode 0

and for a U turn :

sudo -s
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 1

In fact, for what i understood, this message only means that we can not go in deepsleep, but i'm not sure :)

It may just be me on the fan thing and so far guess it could have been a fluke thing.

The webcam at this point maybe strictly related to the video card like photobooth and a few others are..... I will try to see if I can take a pic through preferences I was simply basing my web cam on iChat.....

I can still take pics so once again back to the video card. I have not talked with Fuji in awhile and I am waiting to hear back from lastexile he has been real busy with ironing out a few things on the desktop cards....