Leo4AllV3 Dell Studio Graphics and WiFi

CompCrasher86

221 posts in this topic

When booting, I randomly got KP with your latest (?) HDA kext and HDAEnabler. So, I just want to inject audio with DSDT or EFI String to see if the KP goes away. I don't know how to use these methods yet, but I know that I need to have PinConfig. Thanks ridgeline.

that is odd I have never had a KP I get errors everytime I boot in verbose mood but never a KP. The DSDT and EFI strings are going to be obsolete when a new audio patcher comes out that is all I can say about it at the moment.... What Kernel are you using? So you get a KP that you have to reboot from huh?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your writing. There is still some confusion so i've to go over the writing for few times more. But current problem is that there is no file to downloads of 'SD Card Reader' and 'IDT Audio'. Please check that.

Thanks again for the writting.

However Link14 if you paid to get the upgraded lcd put in your studio you can change res. by adding your res options into the app.com.boot.plist however, if you did not request a better LCD or if your max res under windows was 1280x800 then you are stuck with 1024x768.

Hi Ridgeline,

I have the same dell 1535 laptop with ati 3450. My display can make 1400x900, but it's currently running only with 1024x768, makeing everything wider ... and bigger ...

So I'm very interested to be able to use at least the max resolution of the LCD, if no acceleration. Or just higher than 1024, even if still in the wrong aspect :blink: It must be something more than specifying the GraphicsMode boot parameter. This alone didn't work for me. Can you be more explicit on how a higher resolution can be achieved with this card? Do I understand that there is a chance if the display is better than 1280x800?

I saw a similar post in the ATI installer package thread, but it was made for a desktop card. Is there a solution for the mobility version also?

Thanks

Hey guys, haven't been there for some time...

However, just wondering: every 10th - 15th boot a got a random kernel panic, with the error Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0.

What i managed to google is, some advices to go and change your mac by warranty, as it's something with hardware... Since we're not on real mac's i suppose there's something to do with somekinda drivers or something. So, again, just wondering, does anyone experienced the same problem? It's not really scary, and i can easily live with it, but resilving it would be the best option of course :)

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Ridgeline,

I have the same dell 1535 laptop with ati 3450. My display can make 1400x900, but it's currently running only with 1024x768, makeing everything wider ... and bigger ...

So I'm very interested to be able to use at least the max resolution of the LCD, if no acceleration. Or just higher than 1024, even if still in the wrong aspect :) It must be something more than specifying the GraphicsMode boot parameter. This alone didn't work for me. Can you be more explicit on how a higher resolution can be achieved with this card? Do I understand that there is a chance if the display is better than 1280x800?

I saw a similar post in the ATI installer package thread, but it was made for a desktop card. Is there a solution for the mobility version also?

Thanks

Well let me put it this way there is no way to get your full res support at this time. However there have been instances if you had a higher screen res. than 1280x800 you could either modify the boot.plist in the system config folder or simply download OSX86tool (google it or search here) It can be found on www.######.com i Think. open that and go to boot options there is a simple way and simply punch in the max res of your LCD if it can change it will. It should in your case. It will not be the full 1400x900 but will be better than 1024x768.

Let me know how it works out.

Let me know how it works out.

The success of the day :D It actually worked!!! I got 1152x864!

This time I read more carefully what is the name of that variable. It has a funny space in it :)

Graphics space Mode

Anyway, I tried a lot of other resolutions but the {censored} would not switch to anything higher than that.

It is actually strange that other VESA 2.0 resolutions don't work. I wonder how come there is no VESA driver for OS X like the one for Xorg.

Cheers

Hey guys, haven't been there for some time...

However, just wondering: every 10th - 15th boot a got a random kernel panic, with the error Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0.

What i managed to google is, some advices to go and change your mac by warranty, as it's something with hardware... Since we're not on real mac's i suppose there's something to do with somekinda drivers or something. So, again, just wondering, does anyone experienced the same problem? It's not really scary, and i can easily live with it, but resilving it would be the best option of course ;)

Thanks in advance ;)

I randomly got kernel panic too. I think it's related to AppleHDA kext. See post #180

Let me know if you find a solution to get rid of this KP. Thanks

Need Help Here.... Urgent ~

Thx to Topic Master post the installer ,

all other driver fix

only left my

GRAPHIC

BLUETOOTH

and also 2 finger scrolling

When i open terminal then failed to type password...

is that anyone here could guide me on how to do it , please ?

now i have to use a external keyboard and mouse....

Thx in advance for reply =)

what release are you using?

other than that i think i still need :-

Cir Receiver

Media Key

de driver , so conclude is the priority for driver is

Graphic ATI Mobility HD 3450- i use Mac as primary OS now and purpose for graphic , if needed i would like to pay a cup of coffee for developer =)

Bluetooth - I using dell bluetooth mouse , no bluetooth , my mouse like only available for display =} ....

Media Keys - Simply for convenience =)

CIR Receiver - Just play play , haha...

Finger Print reader - for secure and easier my data

2 Finger Scrolling - For make my studio look special =)

Thx in advance for reply =)

• 4 weeks later...

hey people, i have the dell studio 1537 and am trying to install ideneb 10.5.5 on it. Heres my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 2.53 Ghz, 4Gb ddr2 800 ram, ati 3450 gpu, intel wifi link 5300, dell wireless 370 bluetooth card, bluray drive, 500 gb hdd.

I can't get the sound (the same idt hd audio {censored} every1 else has), wifi or graphics working. Can anyone help me out? Thanks :thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just wondering, any luck with bluetooth. Does anybody got it working?

I find quite strange, since my iPhone see's my laptop's bluetooth, but can't connect to it, and certenaily cannot send/receive files to/from laptop. I'm sure the should be somekinda solution to this.

Well Guys it has been fun and I hope you are able to keep up the good work I unfortunately had my Blackberry , GPS and Dell stolen out of my explorer last night. So unless I get another one out of my insurance my development my be done.