Leo4AllV3 Dell Studio Graphics and WiFi

CompCrasher86

221 posts in this topic

In case somebody is interested - yesterday, i tried installing this new iAtkos 5i 10.5.5 image with this new PC EFI V9 Bootloader and 9.5.0 VooDoo kernel , and it installed and worked perfectly.

Thou i had to modify kext for my dell wireless, and install the AppleHDA kext from this topic, everything else worked absolutely fine.

System updates went smoothly, which is quite a success i think, thou again i had to modify kext for wireless after some security update.

Anyways, now my system is up to date and that's pretty cool ;)

Btw, in my Network section, i now have ethernet saying that cable is not connected, bluetooth saying that no connections are found, and firewire ready to work. I haven't tried them, but the seem to work at the first sight. Will post up a bit later on this, as soon as I have time to test ethernet and bluetooth.

I haven't tried this new Iatkos yet, but for the moment i'm OK with Ideneb...

About bluetooth, you mean you have now bluetooth option in System preferences ?

(Edit) There is a new dell update for the dell studio 1535 Bios (A6), i flashed it this mornng and it works still nice, i don't see any differences with the A3 one

I may switch back to iDeneb at this point PCEFIv9 with the vanilla kernal from iAtkos is what I am currently running myself and while all of those network items showed up they were not in the system profiler correctly. I still had to install all updates and drivers from here.

and just a side note I have always used the mac software update for all updates just not for the 10.5.x updates. the rest just goes along with it and as long as you run the vanilla kernel you should be just fine regardless of which distro you are running.

Ok, my apologize, bluetooth does not work indeed :lol:

Btw, isn't there any permanent solution around to this sleepdisplay bug? i mean the other than the sleepdisplay.app? And i could not find any info on what is the root of this problem? what initially causes the display to go black on dell laptops?

EDIT: do you guys have succeded in running Time Machine?

Bad news about Bluetooth :D

About sleep, it works on my laptop (except for the display, surely because of the radeon card not supported)

May be you can try these IOUSBetc.. installer made by Superhai, it enables sleep on other dell laptops :

USBEHCI_Updater.pkg.zip

[EDIT] also needs this Superhai's kext with :

Superhai_kext_EHCI_sleep.zip

[EDIT2] and also this one and repair permissions, but it is an experimental way, use back up if doesn't work :P

IOUSBFamily.kext.zip

[EDIT2] All this causes me a Shut down Kernel Panic :angel: , BUT the systeme seems more reactive, strange...

Give feed back if it works :D

bye

Hi guys, been quite busy with the real life lately, so hadn't got time to post.

Grabbed some hours yesterday to play with my laptop. Firstly, i easily upgraded to 10.5.6 with specs in sig. The only thing that appeared not to work are wireless and audio, what was easily fixed with replacing kext's.

After that, i tried to play with diff video kext's to fix the sleep corner trick hopefully. After rereading this topic from the beginning i grabbed files posted by SticMAC™ in this post which were reported by some people to FIX that damn corner sleep trick. However, that didn't work for me at all. Moreover, atm my laptop loads with the black sceen, and for some reason even the sleep corner trick does not work :D I still have to wait for those ~15 mins to awake the screen.

Maybe some of you managed to fix that problem? If it's so, could you please share your experience here? And maybe share with us some "correct" kext to eleminate the problem. I will really appreciate it, since this corner trick annoys me a lot.

Boombeng - I will definetely give a try to the files you provided, and will report back as soon as i got my laplop working w/o waiting for 15 minutes to awake the display :D

Thanx in advance ;)

I just got a Studio 17 with Intel 3100 graphics card and have been having a hard time at installing...

What settings did you use to when you installed using Iatkos 5?

I have been having a hard time with the 15 minutes issue...

Is this sleep issue with all Dell Studios regardless of the graphics card?

Would the new Dell Studio with a ATI HD 3650 still have the startup sleep issue?

Hi guys, been quite busy with the real life lately, so hadn't got time to post.

Grabbed some hours yesterday to play with my laptop. Firstly, i easily upgraded to 10.5.6 with specs in sig. The only thing that appeared not to work are wireless and audio, what was easily fixed with replacing kext's.

After that, i tried to play with diff video kext's to fix the sleep corner trick hopefully. After rereading this topic from the beginning i grabbed files posted by SticMAC™ in this post which were reported by some people to FIX that damn corner sleep trick. However, that didn't work for me at all. Moreover, atm my laptop loads with the black sceen, and for some reason even the sleep corner trick does not work :wacko: I still have to wait for those ~15 mins to awake the screen.

Maybe some of you managed to fix that problem? If it's so, could you please share your experience here? And maybe share with us some "correct" kext to eleminate the problem. I will really appreciate it, since this corner trick annoys me a lot.

Boombeng - I will definetely give a try to the files you provided, and will report back as soon as i got my laplop working w/o waiting for 15 minutes to awake the display :D

Thanx in advance :D

Hey Mr Krabs, you can run Ethernet, have a look here

@esmith1977 > For a iATKOS 5i good install ready for 10.5.6 you have to choose :

> PC EFI V9

> Appledecrypt

> SMBIOS Resolver

> PS2

> Intel AHCI SATA

> one of the speedsteps

Once OSX is installed, patch your dsdt using fassl patcher here or in Trauma's installer here

Then download the update combo dmg from apple (better than the the updater)

I have intel 3100 video... which entry do I select x3100 or intel efi string (for x3100)...

Also, what is the time that one needs to wait regarding the display sleep issue?

15 minutes or can one do 17-18 minutes?

Hey Mr Krabs, you can run Ethernet, have a look here

@esmith1977 > For a iATKOS 5i good install ready for 10.5.6 you have to choose :

> PC EFI V9

> Appledecrypt

> SMBIOS Resolver

> PS2

> Intel AHCI SATA

> one of the speedsteps

Once OSX is installed, patch your dsdt using fassl patcher here or in Trauma's installer here

Then download the update combo dmg from apple (better than the the updater)

I have installed various systems 10-20 times...

I have yet to be able to resolve the display issue...

every time that I wait 15 minutes, I get a screen which flashes grey orange and some other color...

I have a studio 17...

I think I am going to get a MacBook now...

(I am not a hackintosh newbie... I constructed desktops from the beginning days... but this is really frustrating)...

Boombeng, many thanks, will check in the evening!

esmith1977, Please post your full laptop specifications, seems like something in hardware, that's why you're experiencing troubles.

Regarding the x3100 or Intel efi string for x3100 - when I choose Intel efi string, I got some kind of lagging desktop. Despite it's shown as QI/CE is supported, it seems like it's not. So, my advice is to use x3100 Intel driver, not the EFI string. As for waiting for the black screen to fade out - i never waited more than 13 minutes. But remember, that you have plug out any USB mouse for that time, and plug out the power cord.

> PC EFI V9

> Appledecrypt

> SMBIOS Resolver

> PS2

> Intel AHCI SATA

> one of the speedsteps

That is completely correct, only one thing, you system should be ready to work perfectly without PS2 and speedsteps. I mean, I always select PC EFI V9, Appledecrypt, SMBIOS Resolver and video drivers and it always works. For more info check this link, namely where it starts from *********Preparing an Upgradable System********** - it's explained in here what is needed for updateable and working system.

But anyways, waiting for your full laptop specifications to dig further :)

And the last one, hope someone will find it interesting: yesterday I beated up that goddamn corner sleepdisplay whateva trick!!! Means that I no longer have to use the sleepdisplay.app nor the corner of my screen. It just works, and resolution in games changes flawlessly, etc... so, IT WORKS :D

Here's how I did this:

This is not my guide, I just found it in appropriate topic on this forum. All credits goes to Vaag from this topic.

I did this on iAtkos 10.5.5 system with PCEFi 9 and voodoo kernel.

If your not running chameleon v 1.0.11 or 1.0.12 which is the same as PCEFI9 you may need to upgrade. However I haven't tried on another versions, dunno if it will work.

Let's start.

1. I grabbed the DSDT patcher by fassl from here, and run it. It asks to press any button, then asks which loader to use or something. I selected 0 = darwin.

2. After the procedure, you will see the Debug folder in your DSDT folder which you should be probably in atm :)

3. Double check if you have dsdt_fixed.txt in the Debug folder, if so - DELETE IT

(if for any reason you're not happy deleting this file, you can try modifying it , as shown here, under DSDT, number 11, however, that doesn't worked for me)

4. Grab a dsdt_fixed.txt from here and put it in the Debug folder, instead of one you just deleted.

5. Assuming you're still in the Debug folder, run the following command ../Tools/iasl -ta dsdt_fixed.txt

6. You should get 9 warnings and something like procedure completed... It's OK.

7. Next, still being in the Debug folder in Terminal, type sudo cp dsdt.aml / to copy the dsdt.aml file to the root of your system.

8. Reboot finally :)

What you should get after that, is a working display, w/o using sleepdisplay.app and similar hacks. It just works!

Once again, many thanks for vaag for this trick.

That is completely correct, only one thing, you system should be ready to work perfectly without PS2 and speedsteps. I mean, I always select PC EFI V9, Appledecrypt, SMBIOS Resolver and video drivers and it always works. For more info check this link, namely where it starts from *********Preparing an Upgradable System********** - it's explained in here what is needed for updateable and working system.

Hi

I'm curious to know how you can use keyboard and trackpad without PS2, without this option (which installs ACPIPS2Nub.kext i think) it didn't work for me... and i had to reinstall it after the 10.5.6 update...

About speedstep, you're right, it's just an option... but no problems for update with the disabler...

These are my system specficications:

-- Studio 17 (1735) Laptop: Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.5GHz/800Mhz FSB/6MB cache)

-- 17 inch WUXGA TrueLife High Resolution, Glossy Laptop Screen

-- 9 Cell Battery, Primary

-- Dell 1510 Wireless-N Card

-- Keyboard on Notebook

-- 250 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

-- Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

-- Integrated 2.0 Mega Pixel Web Camera

-- 8X Slot Load CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

-- 90W AC Adapter

-- Jet Black

-- 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM 677MHz (2 DIMMs)

-- Integrated Finger Print Reader

I have not been able to get out of the display sleep mode when I install OS X...

No matter what distro I use...

Boombeng, many thanks, will check in the evening!

esmith1977, Please post your full laptop specifications, seems like something in hardware, that's why you're experiencing troubles.

Regarding the x3100 or Intel efi string for x3100 - when I choose Intel efi string, I got some kind of lagging desktop. Despite it's shown as QI/CE is supported, it seems like it's not. So, my advice is to use x3100 Intel driver, not the EFI string. As for waiting for the black screen to fade out - i never waited more than 13 minutes. But remember, that you have plug out any USB mouse for that time, and plug out the power cord.

But anyways, waiting for your full laptop specifications to dig further ;)

And the last one, hope someone will find it interesting: yesterday I beated up that goddamn corner sleepdisplay whateva trick!!! Means that I no longer have to use the sleepdisplay.app nor the corner of my screen. It just works, and resolution in games changes flawlessly, etc... so, IT WORKS :D

Here's how I did this:

This is not my guide, I just found it in appropriate topic on this forum. All credits goes to Vaag from this topic.

I did this on iAtkos 10.5.5 system with PCEFi 9 and voodoo kernel.

If your not running chameleon v 1.0.11 or 1.0.12 which is the same as PCEFI9 you may need to upgrade. However I haven't tried on another versions, dunno if it will work.

Let's start.

1. I grabbed the DSDT patcher by fassl from here, and run it. It asks to press any button, then asks which loader to use or something. I selected 0 = darwin.

2. After the procedure, you will see the Debug folder in your DSDT folder which you should be probably in atm ;)

3. Double check if you have dsdt_fixed.txt in the Debug folder, if so - DELETE IT

(if for any reason you're not happy deleting this file, you can try modifying it , as shown here, under DSDT, number 11, however, that doesn't worked for me)

4. Grab a dsdt_fixed.txt from here and put it in the Debug folder, instead of one you just deleted.

5. Open terminal and navigate to the Tools folder which is in your DSDT folder you downloaded, and run the following command iasl -ta dsdt_fixed.txt

6. You should get 9 warnings and something like procedure completed... It's OK.

7. Next, still being in the Tools folder in Terminal, type sudo cp dsdt.aml / to copy the dsdt.aml file to the root of your system.

8. Reboot finally :)

What you should get after that, is a working display, w/o using sleepdisplay.app and similar hacks. It just works!

Once again, many thanks for vaag for this trick.

iAtkos 5i is looking pretty appealing to me, I have 3 weeks off from everything so during this I'll give it a go. If the end result is better than leo4all, the guide will be changed to iAtkos... I like how Mr. Krabs found a solution to the display, it seems more legitimate than sleepdisplay... Ill give it another week to make sure no problems arise

iAtkos 5i is looking pretty appealing to me, I have 3 weeks off from everything so during this I'll give it a go. If the end result is better than leo4all, the guide will be changed to iAtkos... I like how Mr. Krabs found a solution to the display, it seems more legitimate than sleepdisplay... Ill give it another week to make sure no problems arise

Tried this method one more time yesterday, since i had to reinstall my system after some experiments - and again it worked flawlessly :idea:

Boombeng - Huge thanks for the ethernet driver - it works! Also, regarding the PS2 driver - i always select the x86 ACPI driver under the ACPI menu during install, and it already inclued the PS2 driver, so there's no need to select it twice :) Sorry for not mentioning it in my last post ;)

esmith1977 - Strange, but your configuration looks like completely OK for me, and OS X should work like a charm on it. So there i have a question..

When you install OS X, is your power cable plugged in or out? I'm asking since yesterday, when i reinstalled my system, i did it with the power cord off, and that 15 minutes trick does not worked for me, and display stayed black for ever ;)

What i want to say is that, you should have power cable in during install, and unplug it only after installation when the screen goes black, along with the usb devices such as mouse if you have one.

Also, which distro are you trying to install at the moment? I'd recommend iAtkos 10.5.5.

Next, you may try to resetting your BIOS to factory defaults, since there's a possibility that you changed something at one point, and this is affecting your installation process now.

Hope something of the above mentioned helps. Good luck!

btw. right now i'm lookin and reading diff topics on how to pack some OS X distro with my own kexts and drivers, so we can built our own OSX Dell edition or smth fully packed with dell drivers, which would work for most of us out of the box :)

Mr. Krabs let me know how that goes I am holding off on building the Studio Distro or possibly just a post installer for Studio's until we get the ATi video working..... but, please make sure you give credit in your driver listings to those who wrote them....and congrats on being so far along. makes me wish I would have not paid for the upgraded video card.

Mr. Krabs let me know how that goes I am holding off on building the Studio Distro or possibly just a post installer for Studio's until we get the ATi video working..... but, please make sure you give credit in your driver listings to those who wrote them....and congrats on being so far along. makes me wish I would have not paid for the upgraded video card.

Well, I'm still gathering information on this , so it can take some time, but, i will defo give the credits to the appropariate people since i really respect what have they done to the community :(

That looks pretty promising but, it is not using your current distro or anything like it and it will require a very large download and a DL disc if you use the full retail DVD if you wanna bounce ideas around about it just hit me up.

Yep Ridgeline, as we already talked about, i believe it would be better to build a post-installer than a full ISO, it would be easyer to share. Morover, DSDT stuff is difficult to share because it is not generic for all studio laptops, it depends on RAM, Video, chipset...

and after further reflection the link i sent you and the one you posted are actually referring to the same builder program.

I think before I do much more with the audio and other ways to install it I will wait until I can talk with Taruga.... I am not too sure about the DSDT method yet and would hate to screw something up that has been working fairly well so far.

hey all, couple questions regarding this setup on a studio 17. i have the same setup as esmith1977, so therefore, i am running into the same problems. I have fully installed leo4all, with your studio 15 pack, gotton everything working on a 17. When i installed i left out the graphics. Once i got everything working, i tried a couple tricks for installing gmax3100 kexts. But, after that, i get stuck at a black screen on boot. Cant use the sleep trick. I think that it is the x3100 kexts that are messing up my install. So, im gonna re install, with iATKOS 10.5.5, and see where i can get. thanks. anyone reccomend modified x3100 drivers for a dell studio 17?

hey all, couple questions regarding this setup on a studio 17. i have the same setup as esmith1977, so therefore, i am running into the same problems. I have fully installed leo4all, with your studio 15 pack, gotton everything working on a 17. When i installed i left out the graphics. Once i got everything working, i tried a couple tricks for installing gmax3100 kexts. But, after that, i get stuck at a black screen on boot. Cant use the sleep trick. I think that it is the x3100 kexts that are messing up my install. So, im gonna re install, with iATKOS 10.5.5, and see where i can get. thanks. anyone reccomend modified x3100 drivers for a dell studio 17?

Try these. GMAX3100.zip They worked for my Studio 17 with iATKOS 10.5.4. Remember to remove the AppleIntegratedFrameBuffer.kext if it exists.