Upcoming Intel X58 Mobos & Core i7 CPUs

1,154 posts in this topic

just bought a retail OS X and a i7 920/ASUS P6T DELUXE system, that should all arrive by next week. i will try a boot-132 method and post my results here, but it would be great to share all we can about this setup.

@ccx4700, could you share with us all the steps you took to get your instal working? please go into details, the more specific the better. also, did you manage to solve your 2-cores problem by dumping your dsdt?

@johnathandoe can you tell us what you did so far, so that we can at least exclude some configuration that don't work?

also, can anybody explain why the instal works on the gigabyte motherboard but not on the asus, even though both share the same chipsets?

I just finished a script to install the EFI Partition Boot method. I am just having some trouble with the network. The RealtekR1000.kext that Digital Dreamer had is not working for me. I reverted back to the modified IONetworkingFamily.kext, so DHCP is not fully functional. I created the script in a way that allows you to use your own extensions easily. I'll upload the required files later with a detailed write up.

Geekbench is now 7940 stock.

Also, I have only seen 4 or 7 cores depending on the SMBIOS used, anyone have a possible solution? Third RAM card also does not show in Profiler.

I just finished a script to install the EFI Partition Boot method. I am just having some trouble with the network. The RealtekR1000.kext that Digital Dreamer had is not working for me. I reverted back to the modified IONetworkingFamily.kext, so DHCP is not fully functional. I created the script in a way that allows you to use your own extensions easily. I'll upload the required files later with a detailed write up.

Also, I have only seen 4 or 7 cores depending on the SMBIOS used, anyone have a possible solution? Third RAM card also does not show in Profiler.

exactly same situation as you. have you tried running digitals kext from the actual boot partition, defeats the purpose of the efi partition i know. it seems to fail to match the correct hardware, may have to add the correct ids to the plist inside the kext?

EDIT: just installed the realtek1000 kext to my boot volume and it works, typing from it now.

also attached is my geekbench score. i have not overclocked this thing yet, and it thrashes the pants of my mac pro, which has 12gb of ram too.

I'm having some trouble with the AHCI on my GA-EX58-UD5.

In the BIOS, I have to set the SATA Port0-3 Native Mode to Disabled, so the SATA controllers run in Legacy mode, otherwise I get the "Still waiting for root device" upon boot.

As a result of this, I'm assuming, my SATA drives show up as ATA drives in OS X, so they run incredibly slow (±2 MB/sec), and they max out at 128GB in Disk Utility. In the BIOS, I have the Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode set to AHCI.

Anybody know what the problem might be?

@johnathandoe: If you don't care about not using a single core as long as you can run OSX, then change the BIOS settings: go to Advanced > CPU Configuration and then turn off the HT and set the number of active cores to 1. This sucks, I know, but it was the only way for me to prevent kernel panics (and constant rebooting).

@ccz4700 & THEHAWKs: impressive work, will try that as soon as I can (which could be a while...)

@M J: this is what I've been through up to now, in a nutshell..

I've got OSX "running" on a P6T Deluxe, with flaws, one of which is indeed the fact I can only use a single core :P

For the install, I have tried iAtkos 4.1I (did not even boot), and iDeneb 1.3, from which I installed the system.

Tried different kernels that are on the distrib: 9.5.0 Vanilla doesn't boot, hangs (will try to post screeny or transcript if needed), the 9.4.0 and 9.2.2 (sorry, can't see which ones exactly right now, as I'm on another system now) both boot nicely.

If you're installing to a s-ata disk, don't forget to set you storage config to AHCI; the installer won't recognise you're disk in IDE mode.

KEXTs I had to add where the new ICHx kext, so the system profiler can recognize the chipset (can't find the post right now see below); the generic azalea kext for sound out (post #7).

As for the OOB compatibility: S-ATA, LAN, FireWire, USB; haven't tried the SAS or ATA, and graphics are giving me problems too (although this could be seen as normal, having a HD4870 card.. ;) ).

Also, during boot, there is a long (about 7 minutes) pause, after the IOKit fails to boot up (if I understand what it says correctly... I'll post the exact text here too)

Right now still running 0703 bios, but I've got a whole range to try out, starting with the latest: 1003 (although I don't think that will change anything).

I will also try getting the new voodoo kernel to run, like ccz did, this might get me a second core, or even all of them with hawk's tip.

I appologize for any lack of info in this post, I'm new at running osx86 (former pc didn't have sse2, running an iBook next to this), so please feel free to ask more - but make sure it's clear what you're asking for :)

Edit: found the ICHx post, it's here.

i7 System OS: Mac OS X 10.5.5 Leopard iDeneb 1.3 | Kernel: multiple (testing) | MoBo: ASUS P6T Deluxe | CPU: Intel Core i7 920 | RAM: 3 x 2GB OCZ Platinum Low Voltage @ 1333MHz | Graphics: ATI HD 4870 DK 1Gb (ASUS) on Iiyama ProLite E2607WS-1 | HDD: 2xWD Caviar Black 1Tb | Optical: ASUS DRW-20B1ST | PSU: EnerMax Modu82+ 525W | Case: NZXT Apollo, Blue | Working OOB w/Kernel: LAN, S-ATA, FW, USB | Working w/Patch: S-ATA chipset naming, Audio out (stereo) | Not working: Multiple Cores, HT, Graphics

I'm having some trouble with the AHCI on my GA-EX58-UD5.

In the BIOS, I have to set the SATA Port0-3 Native Mode to Disabled, so the SATA controllers run in Legacy mode, otherwise I get the "Still waiting for root device" upon boot.

As a result of this, I'm assuming, my SATA drives show up as ATA drives in OS X, so they run incredibly slow (±2 MB/sec), and they max out at 128GB in Disk Utility. In the BIOS, I have the Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode set to AHCI.

Anybody know what the problem might be?

try setting the sata ahci/sata mode to ahci also, i have to set otherwise mine will not boot. my native mode is also disabled and im running no problems on a 1tb drive.

try setting the sata ahci/sata mode to ahci also, i have to set otherwise mine will not boot. my native mode is also disabled and im running no problems on a 1tb drive.

Hmm, SATA AHCI/SATA mode is already set to AHCI. Interesting that yours works fine with native mode disabled. . . . perhaps that's not my problem after all.

So, then, what else could cause my drives show up as ATA and not Serial ATA?

Never mind, I'm an idiot, got it working, stupid mistake over here. . . . thanks!

@ wolfienuke

Regarding Boot from EFI - Awesome!

Will be waiting for your write up. :)

@ walterav

Thanks for your feedback and work. Sorry that the "internal fix" created issues with your eSATA drives. I'll make a change to the post-patch script for those that need eSATA functionality. The option will be to not replace the IOAHCIFamily.kext where that "internal fix" was incorporated.

At least in my case, and I may have misunderstood you, the vanilla JMicron.kext is for the JMB368 IDE controller (0x2368197b) and the one in this downloadable bundle is for the JMB363 (0x2363197b). But, at any rate, you're right, the vanilla JMicronATA.kext works better and shows up in System Profiler. I'm changing script and instructions now.

I'm updating stuff now, but my internet connection is not cooperating. I'm on a wireless connection on the edge of town with no other broadband options. On busy days, this connection slows to a crawl and I'm not able to upload to the server without errors. :P

regards,

MAJ

@ wolfienuke

Regarding Boot from EFI - Awesome!

Will be waiting for your write up. ;)

@ walterav

Thanks for your feedback and work. Sorry that the "internal fix" created issues with your eSATA drives. I'll make a change to the post-patch script for those that need eSATA functionality. The option will be to not replace the IOAHCIFamily.kext where that "internal fix" was incorporated.

At least in my case, and I may have misunderstood you, the vanilla JMicron.kext is for the JMB368 IDE controller (0x2368197b) and the one in this downloadable bundle is for the JMB363 (0x2363197b). But, at any rate, you're right, the vanilla JMicronATA.kext works better and shows up in System Profiler. I'm changing script and instructions now.

I'm updating stuff now, but my internet connection is not cooperating. I'm on a wireless connection on the edge of town with no other broadband options. On busy days, this connection slows to a crawl and I'm not able to upload to the server without errors. :censored2:

regards,

MAJ

digital_dreamer... wait with the script!!!

The patched vanilla jmicronATA.kext is not compatible with higher than 2gig of ram... there are other versions on this forum "64bit jmicron, ioATAfamily etc.." and even GOOGLE-code but those gave me kernel panics while booting... so just no IDE for me, can live with that. It does show up in the system profiler... it WORKS great BUT just keep in mind 2Gb problem...

good luck and thanks for your conformation on this "internal icons fix flaw..."

digital_dreamer... wait with the script!!!

The patched vanilla jmicronATA.kext is not compatible with higher than 2gig of ram... there are other versions on this forum "64bit jmicron, ioATAfamily etc.." and even GOOGLE-code but those gave me kernel panics while booting... so just no IDE for me, can live with that. It does show up in the system profiler... it WORKS great BUT just keep in mind 2Gb problem...

good luck and thanks for your conformation on this "internal icons fix flaw..."

"patched vanilla"? Is it the patched one or vanilla one that's giving you trouble? :lol:

The included kexts has the updated IOATAFamily.kext that supports machines with 4GB or more. So, the combination of the vanilla JMicronATA.kext, plus the updated IOATAFamily.kext still doesn't work, I gather. They're separate APIs.

Yeah, I've looked at slashack's stuff on the Google-code server. Most of this stuff is of rather recent development.

Okay, back to the original until we iron this out...

regards,

MAJ

POST-INSTALL PATCHING:
  1. In Terminal: sudo -s (followed by your password)
  2. In Terminal: /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/Name_of_your_install_volume
  3. In Terminal, cd to the "EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5" folder and run post-patch.sh as root.

HELP:
    In Terminal:
    cd /Users/
    Your_User_Name
    /Desktop/EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5

or, type
    cd
    , followed by a
    space
    , drag "EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5" folder to Terminal window and press
    Enter

4. When script finishes, in Terminal: exit

REBOOT!

Hi...

First of all, thanks for your kind guide. I'm working on. I have the same parts like your.

I have a question for you. I have a HDD with "Retail DVD/pc_efi_v80." This HDD was working with my new GA-EX58-UD5 right away. I prepared one more HDD which I used for Linux, and followed your guide. Pre-Patch worked, and I was able to install Retail Leopard.

Now, I tried "./post-patch.sh" after /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/myOSX and at the EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5 directory.

I looked at the terminal while it is processing the automatic scripts. I found one particular area where installing kernels...

It started like this;

sudo rm -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext: no such a file or directory.

The same goes to two more kernel lines and com.apple.boot.plist line.

When I tried to boot up with the new installed disk, it goes back to reboot aftet Darwin...seems to me bootloader is not there.

Any thought on this?

Thanks JP

Hi...

First of all, thanks for your kind guide. I'm working on. I have the same parts like your.

I have a question for you. I have a HDD with "Retail DVD/pc_efi_v80." This HDD was working with my new GA-EX58-UD5 right away. I prepared one more HDD which I used for Linux, and followed your guide. Pre-Patch worked, and I was able to install Retail Leopard.

Now, I tried "./post-patch.sh" after /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/myOSX and at the EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5 directory.

I looked at the terminal while it is processing the automatic scripts. I found one particular area where installing kernels...

It started like this;

sudo rm -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext: no such a file or directory.

The same goes to two more kernel lines and com.apple.boot.plist line.

When I tried to boot up with the new installed disk, it goes back to reboot aftet Darwin...seems to me bootloader is not there.

Any thought on this?

Thanks JP

Hi!

Sorry you're having trouble. There are only two reason Terminal would be producing those particular errors:

1. The System.kext is not installed at that directory, which would mean OS X was not installed, or

2. The DESTINATIONS label in the script hasn't been updated to reflect the name of your target drive, which you should do in a text editor.

Provide some feedback about what you think.

Best of wishes!

MAJ

have finally got the system up, had some troubles with the 9800gt video but that is sorted now.

am ironing out some bugs like the UUID issue, but i'm still searching for a solution as my system is only showing 1 core in activity monitor.. has everyone else got 8 cores showing using digitals install method?

ta

POST-INSTALL PATCHING:
  1. Open the post-patch.sh script in the "EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5" folder in your text editor of choice.
  2. Update the name of your DESTINATION drive:

DESTINATION=
    Name_of_your_install_volume

3. NOTE: If you have removable drives (i.e. eSATA), the following two lines should be commented out "#" or deleted.

sudo rm -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

sudo cp -r kexts/IOAHCIFamily.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/

4. In Terminal: sudo -s (followed by your password)
  5. In Terminal: /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/Name_of_your_install_volume
  6. In Terminal, cd to the "EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5" folder and run post-patch.sh as root.

HELP:
    In Terminal:
    cd /Users/
    Your_User_Name

or, type
    cd
    , followed by a
    space
    Enter

7. When script finishes, in Terminal: exit

REBOOT!

Hi

Thanks for all of your kind guide.

I've been following this guide right now. And i'm into troulbe.

The Pre-patch and the retail installation went to smooth.

But it's about the post-patch.

After installation is done, I booted from the HDD that I just installed.

But it never goes thru looking like it doesn't have a bootloader.

I tried to install again, this time I was looking closely the post-patch processing on my terminal.

Everything went, OK, but one area, 'kernel install.'

On the terminal, when the 3 or 4 lines of the command related to kernel install, each command line executed and resulted in "no such a file or directory."

That was what was happening while executing ./post-patch.sh

Please, if you can, teach me what is wrong...

Thanks again.

JP

POST-INSTALL PATCHING:
  1. Open the post-patch.sh script in the "EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5" folder in your text editor of choice.
  2. Update the name of your DESTINATION drive:

DESTINATION=
    Name_of_your_install_volume

3. NOTE: If you have removable drives (i.e. eSATA), the following two lines should be commented out "#" or deleted.

sudo rm -r /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

sudo cp -r kexts/IOAHCIFamily.kext /Volumes/$DESTINATION/System/Library/Extensions/

4. In Terminal: sudo -s (followed by your password)
  5. In Terminal: /usr/sbin/vsdbutil -a /Volumes/Name_of_your_install_volume
  6. In Terminal, cd to the "EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5" folder and run post-patch.sh as root.

HELP:
    In Terminal:
    cd /Users/
    Your_User_Name

or, type
    cd
    , followed by a
    space
    Enter

7. When script finishes, in Terminal: exit

REBOOT!

Hi

I've been following this guide right now. And i'm into troulbe.

The Pre-patch and the retail installation went to smooth.

After installation is done, I booted from the HDD that I just installed.

But it never goes thru looking like it doesn't have a bootloader.

I tried to install again, this time I was looking closely the post-patch processing on my terminal.

On the terminal, when the 3 or 4 lines of the command related to kernel install, each command line executed and resulted in "no such a file or directory."

Thanks again.

JP

jplee4907,

When you have this issue of "no such file or directory", try this: type "ls" in the Terminal to see what files are listed. That will give you an idea if we are in the correct directory. The directory you should be in would be the "EFI_Installer_GA-EX58-UD5" folder. So, if you type "ls", does that list the contents of that directory? I hazard a guess we are not in the right directory.

Can you open that "post-patch.sh" in Text Editor and see this line?:

sudo cp -r kernels/Voodoo_kernel_9.5.0/mach_kernel /Volumes/$DESTINATION/

Does the line look exactly like the above or is there a "/" before "kernels/Voodoo"..... like this, "sudo cp -r /kernels/Voodoo"....

When you booted, does it reboot after the Darwin prompt? Do you see any verbiage? Did you type "-v" at the prompt to see what happens?

Let me know.

MAJ

have finally got the system up, had some troubles with the 9800gt video but that is sorted now.

am ironing out some bugs like the UUID issue, but i'm still searching for a solution as my system is only showing 1 core in activity monitor.. has everyone else got 8 cores showing using digitals install method?

ta

i also only get 1 core showing in activity monitor, and im using the efi partition method with the voodoo kernel. however geekbench reports 8 logical cores and during a verbose boot i can see it picking up 8 cores.

anybody have a working sleep?

"patched vanilla"? Is it the patched one or vanilla one that's giving you trouble? ;)

The included kexts has the updated IOATAFamily.kext that supports machines with 4GB or more. So, the combination of the vanilla JMicronATA.kext, plus the updated IOATAFamily.kext still doesn't work, I gather. They're separate APIs.

Yeah, I've looked at slashack's stuff on the Google-code server. Most of this stuff is of rather recent development.

Okay, back to the original until we iron this out...

regards,

MAJ

With patched vanilla jmicron.kext, just means get the vanilla kext, edit the plist and fill in the right device-id, this method works only with 2gb or less RAM. There is indeed a updated 'ioatafamily' with 4gb support, but playing around with that just got me kernel panic while booting, just like the jmicronata v.06 on google code. Had to disable the jmicron in bios, so the kext could be replaced again in safemode...

ANOTHER SUCCESS HERE!!! (at last :D )

Finally after a lot of dissapointments I managed to do this on my Intel i7 pc!

I used iDeneb 1.3

Specs - Results:

Motherboard: MSI X58 PLATINUM - Realtek LAN = Working

- On Board Audio = NOT working (i havent really searched about it)

- Jmicron ATA controller = Working

Prosseccor: Intel Core i7 2.66 = Working (only one core :D - any solution to that?)

RAM: Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3 4GB (2X2GB) = All 4GB recognized - Working at 1333 MHz

Graphics: Gainward BLISS 9800 GX2 1GB PCI-E = Working With full resolution options (now i use 1920*1200) AND DUAL MONITOR! (i cant live without it so i am really :D )

I attached a screenshot showing the system info + the benchmark of xbench. I got 184.92.

Thanx a lot all the guys in the forum for their support and infos.

Excuse my english, I am from Greece.

just bought a retail OS X and a i7 920/ASUS P6T DELUXE system, that should all arrive by next week. i will try a boot-132 method and post my results here, but it would be great to share all we can about this setup.

@ccx4700, could you share with us all the steps you took to get your instal working? please go into details, the more specific the better. also, did you manage to solve your 2-cores problem by dumping your dsdt?

@johnathandoe can you tell us what you did so far, so that we can at least exclude some configuration that don't work?

also, can anybody explain why the instal works on the gigabyte motherboard but not on the asus, even though both share the same chipsets?

@johnathandoe, M J,

First, I prepared other PC that runs Mac OS X. (GA-P35-DS3R hackintosh)

I connected SATA HDD to this PC, I followed this method:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76404

But I didn't use custom kexts on this thread, I used Legacy@@@ kexts(to avoid orange icon), Disabler, SMBIOSEnabler, dsmos and so on.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129279

And I booted this HDD on DS3R, and made user account.

Shutdown this system, and boot main system on DS3R again.

I used iDeneb 10.5.5 old AppleACPIPlatform package:

"/Volumes/iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5/System/Installation/Packages/Patches/Fix/ACPI-Fix.pkg"

I installed this pkg, voodoo9.5.0 kernel, pc_efi_v9 to new HDD.

And I edited com.apple.Boot.plist on HDD (added flag busratio=22).

You can add cpus=2, too. I didn't add cpus flag because of testing.

I can boot this system on P6T deluxe with cpus=1 or cpus=2.

BUT, as I said before, I cannot get CPU working 4 cores.

If you can get all cores working, please tell me how did you do that.

@THE HAWKs

I used DSDT patcher, so It might remove "Alias". But I could get only 2 cores working...

Because I'm Japanese, I'm using incorrect English. Sorry.

ANOTHER SUCCESS HERE!!! (at last :compress: )

Finally after a lot of dissapointments I managed to do this on my Intel i7 pc!

I used iDeneb 1.3

Specs - Results:

Motherboard: MSI X58 PLATINUM - Realtek LAN = Working

- On Board Audio = NOT working (i havent really searched about it)

- Jmicron ATA controller = Working

Prosseccor: Intel Core i7 2.66 = Working (only one core :D - any solution to that?)

RAM: Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3 4GB (2X2GB) = All 4GB recognized - Working at 1333 MHz

Graphics: Gainward BLISS 9800 GX2 1GB PCI-E = Working With full resolution options (now i use 1920*1200) AND DUAL MONITOR! (i cant live without it so i am really :compress: )

I attached a screenshot showing the system info + the benchmark of xbench. I got 184.92.

Thanx a lot all the guys in the forum for their support and infos.

Excuse my english, I am from Greece.

Welcome aboard! -_-

You're the first using the MSI board, that I know of. Good work.

Do you have CI/QE working on the 9800? What audio chip does that board use?

Your board appears to have the same symptoms as the ASUS, with only one core working. We'll have to work on that.

kind regards,

MAJ

Welcome aboard! :D

You're the first using the MSI board, that I know of. Good work.

Do you have CI/QE working on the 9800? What audio chip does that board use?

Your board appears to have the same symptoms as the ASUS, with only one core working. We'll have to work on that.

kind regards,

MAJ

Thanx for the welcoming!

What os CI/QE???

It uses realtek ALC888, but i dont care much for it. I am using a tascam FW-1082 for recordings.

Hope a solution for the multi core will be found soon!

Generally the machine is really snappy and stable, except the graphics. I wasnt able to watch tv with pinnacle 330e (probably its the cpus fault - it hitted 100%)

I had an imac Aluminum 2.4 before this pc, and the performance is pretty much the same.

I forgot to give you the link for the screenshot before!

Here it is:

http://www.box.net/shared/u0jokqjgd8

Thanx for the welcoming!

What os CI/QE???

It uses realtek ALC888, but i dont care much for it. I am using a tascam FW-1082 for recordings.

Hope a solution for the multi core will be found soon!

Generally the machine is really snappy and stable, except the graphics. I wasnt able to watch tv with pinnacle 330e (probably its the cpus fault - it hitted 100%)

I had an imac Aluminum 2.4 before this pc, and the performance is pretty much the same.

I forgot to give you the link for the screenshot before!

Here it is:

http://www.box.net/shared/u0jokqjgd8

CI=Core Image

QE=Quartz Extreme

Your CPU probably hit 100% usage because it's not using the GPU (graphics card) and Open GL to draw the graphics. Once you get full support for those two Apple technologies, your graphics will feel more responsive. Check your System Profiler and under "Graphics/Displays" it should tell whether CI/QE is supported.

One other thing, does that MSI support 3 channel memory? I know even intel's board only supports two (for performance, they say). It looks like you're only using two DDR3 RAM channels with 4GB. Although it works, your i7 is designed with 3 channels in mind and you'll get a performance boost from adding the extra 2GB in the 3rd channel.

Enjoy your new system!

MAJ

Edit: Oh, and regarding audio: Audio is not working on the boot from EFI method because the AppleHDA.kext can't be loaded from the EFI partition. So, that kext can only work when installed in the typical System/Extensions/ directory on the hard drive. Yes, it defeats the purpose of the EFI boot method, but it's the only modified kext and the only solution for now.

Great work, wolfienuke. ^_^

Got a few questions. I suppose you're using the IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext. Any other disablers? I notice others are using the AppleSMBIOS.kext and SMBIOSEnabler.kext. Any others needed for this system?

I started working on this last night and can boot from the EFI partition, but it restarts mid way through the boot. Tried adding the <key>Graphics Mode</key><string>"1280x1024x24"</string> to the Boot.plist to view the log, but no luck with that. Can't see where the culprit is, yet. Definitely need to add another kext or disabler.

Did you have to add the <key>OSBundleRequired</key><string>Root</string> flags to any of the kexts?

regards,

MAJ

Hi Digital_Dreamer

I've been following your guide right now. And i'm in troulbe.

I have a HDD with a 10.5.5 retail DVD installed with pc_efi_v80. Somehow, this works with my new EX58-UD5. So, I was following exactly.

(My VGA is 3870, too.)

The Pre-patch and the retail installation went to smooth like your guide.

After installation is done, I booted from the second HDD that I just newly installed.

But it never goes thru startup screen "Darwin...." looking like it doesn't have a bootloader.

On the terminal, when the 3 or 4 lines of the command related to kernel install, each command line executed but resulted in "no such a file or directory."

Thanks again.

JP