Intel HDA Audio Codec STA9274D

AlainTox714

261 posts in this topic

Sadly no as Mac computer doens't handle 5.1 or 7.1 HD Audio

I meant additional independent stereo outputs, like Line Out/Headphones (may be helpful in audio sequencing/mastering apps), not 5.1/7.1.

Btw, about non-working rear mic - did you tested this pin sequense: 9-29-26-23-[14] (hope, you're understood)?

I meant additional independent stereo outputs, like Line Out/Headphones (may be helpful in audio sequencing/mastering apps), not 5.1/7.1.

Btw, about non-working rear mic - did you tested this pin sequense: 9-29-26-23-[14] (hope, you're understood)?

Of course i test it and it's not working, as i told to someone:

When i route Internal Microphone to rear Pink Jack, even if it show up in Sound pref and is selectable it doesn't work, no signal.

Original Mac have a Microphone/Line Input at back which detects automaticly what is connected.

So i have to choise between a Line Input or a Back Microphone which did not works.

Hi guys, some news

I am abble today to get working:

Green Rear Speaker Jack and Green Front Headphone with the same volume commande.

Yellow Rear Line Out Jack with a separate volume commande no balance.

Pink Front Microphone Jack OR Pink Rear Microphone Jack ONLY ONE, have to choise Rear or Front.

post-26592-1224168922_thumb.png

post-26592-1224168932_thumb.png

post-26592-1224168941_thumb.png

Are you interested (what version Rear or Front)?

A driver for 9271D with rear mic support (rear only, simulateous rear and front mics are impossible at this time as said AlainTox714) and partial support of system profiler info.

Test, please.

post-162990-1224193224_thumb.jpg

STAC9271D.zip

If anybody needs an additional stereo output througt an orange or black jack - write about it.

A driver for 9271D with rear mic support (rear only, simulateous rear and front mics are impossible at this time as said AlainTox714) and partial support of system profiler info.

Test, please.

post-162990-1224193224_thumb.jpg

STAC9271D.zip

If anybody needs an additional stereo output througt an orange or black jack - write about it.

will immediately try this when i get home. :(

Fully working v4 release

Outputs : Line Out Rear Orange Jack, Headphones Rear and Front Green Jack, Digital Out*.

Inputs : Microphone Rear Pink Jack, Line In Rear Blue Jack.

Mute functionality working.

* Digital Out not tested as i can't.

post-26592-1224244857_thumb.png

This release is the closet to real Mac as you have Mic And Line Input at Rear and Heaphones at both Front and Rear

DIFFERENT HDAEnabler.kext

REMOVE the old HDAEnabler.kext and use the new one

Removed It's Buggy use v5

At last !!! I've been waiting for this for ages... (more than one year :wacko: ) Can't wait to test it.

UPDATE: Well, mic is FULLY working ! I've just tested it with the SKYPE and YES, mic is working. Also, finally i have information about audio in my system profiler. So far have not tested digital out and 5.1

AlainTox714 - thank you very much - this was the last piece to resolve on BadAxeII mobo. Now I can say - I have 100% (literarily) working configuration.

P.S.: next goal is to use efi strings also for the audio...

At last !!! I've been waiting for this for ages... (more than one year ;) ) Can't wait to test it.

UPDATE: Well, mic is FULLY working ! I've just tested it with the SKYPE and YES, mic is working

Also, finally i have information about audio in my system profiler.

So far have not tested digital out and 5.1

AlainTox714 - thank you very much - this was the last piece to resolve on BadAxeII mobo. Now I can say - I have 100% (hope so ;) ) working config.

Glad to read that.

5.1 is not working as Apple doesn't support it.

Please report what kind of informations you get in SystemProfiler.

If you can test Digital Ouput i will be very happy to have report as i can't test.

Glad to read that.

Please report what kind of informations you get in SystemProfiler.

If you can test Digital Ouput i will be very happy to have report as i can't test.

Thanx for info... Here are pics of my Sys. Profiler and Sound Settings:

post-140402-1224262707_thumb.png

post-140402-1224262718_thumb.png

post-140402-1224262729_thumb.png

Thanks for all your hard work, Alain! The driver is working brilliantly on my Bad Axe 2.

I'm not sure what you mean by the above statement, though, as OS X does indeed have 5.1 support. I have it working on another hackintosh right now with a different sound chipset. You enable it through the Audio Midi Setup utility in the Utilities folder by clicking 'configure speakers'. I hope you'll find a way to enable 5.1 or 7.1 audio in the future, but if not, your work is still very much appreciated!

Thanks for all your hard work, Alain! The driver is working brilliantly on my Bad Axe 2.

I'm not sure what you mean by the above statement, though, as OS X does indeed have 5.1 support. I have it working on another hackintosh right now with a different sound chipset. You enable it through the Audio Midi Setup utility in the Utilities folder by clicking 'configure speakers'. I hope you'll find a way to enable 5.1 or 7.1 audio in the future, but if not, your work is still very much appreciated!

Didn't know that... never tried to look for it under the Audio Midi Setup. Yes you are right It would be nice to have 5.1 or 7.1 working. So far only stereo - see pic. below.

post-140402-1224274639_thumb.png

My mistake, you are right and i am not wrong, it was a very short answer.

The problem here is Front Right/Left, Rear Right/Left and Sub central are software implemented for STAC2221 and not for STAC9274/1D and i really don't see a way to reimplement to get 5.1 surround sound.

Otherwise quoted from that site:

http://www.thismuchiknow.co.uk/?p=24

"What does this all mean? It means that right now, the only way to play multichannel audio (from a .mov file or .mp4 file) on a Mac is to buy a six-channel sound card - something like the Gigaport AG - and set this up in Audio MIDI Setup to support 5.1 sound. You then need to plug the six discrete outputs into an amp with six discrete inputs. You also need to install A52Codec if your source file has an AC-3 soundtrack. Which means that very, very few people will bother to do so."

Sorry i am just a hacker who doesn't knows mac a few years ago and of course not a sound ingeneer.

With my hacked AppleHDA.kext YOU CAN'T GET 5.1 Surround sound. The reason easy to understand is i can't already have 6 Jacks working (black is always mute, i haven't figure out a way to get it working).

I managed to get my sound working but I'm not to sure if is this is what cased the sound to work, I changed the internal connector for the front panel from hd audio to ac 97 and i used V3 patch, now my front panel and back panel speaker output is working fine, thanks for all your hard work AlainTox714

I managed to get my sound working but I'm not to sure if is this is what cased the sound to work, I changed the internal connector for the front panel from hd audio to ac 97 and i used V3 patch, now my front panel and back panel speaker output is working fine, thanks for all your hard work AlainTox714

Very glad you sucess. Finally the sound DX38DP working, you can try v4 should work, as Mic Input is back you can get rid of HD audio/AC97 to start and when it work add one or the other.

Thats very strange i also own a DG31PR for 2 days and yesterday i check the mapping and for me without no doub i must use HDAudio.

V4 is working also, BTW my is MB is DX38BT and not DX38DP :-)

I just changed the header back and sound seems to be working, I did turn off from bios "REAR AUDIO OPTICAL OUT"

That could be what fixed it.

Sorry my mistake to much work and my memory just play with me.

That could be a very good reason, as i have wrote many times i can't test digital output if someone want to test i will be happy to have a report unless nobody test or report so i don't know.

Just find this interresting no?

Audio Subsystem

The onboard audio subsystem consists of the following:

• Intel® ICH7

• Realtek ALC888 audio codec

• Back panel audio connectors

• Onboard audio header/connector:

⎯ Intel High Definition audio front panel audio header

⎯ Onboard S/PDIF connector

The audio subsystem supports the following features:

• A signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of 95 dB

Independent multi-streaming 5.1 audio (using the back panel audio connectors)

and stereo (using the Intel High Definition front panel audio header)

Ok i have found out what the real reason why my sound was not working

In the bios

Advance/ Peripheral Configuration/ Secondary Sata/ "ENABLE"/ IDE MODE"

if Secondary Sata is DISABLED then sound does not work, tried and tested.

The only problem i have now is EFI V8 when installed it does not boot in GUID , i have to use Boot Cd to boot into Leopard