Intel HDA Audio Codec STA9274D

AlainTox714

261 posts in this topic

Digital Out works!

Thank you so much, you are the first, don't know the reward, just kidding.

Ok i have found out what the real reason why my sound was not working

In the bios

Advance/ Peripheral Configuration/ Secondary Sata/ "ENABLE"/ IDE MODE"

if Secondary Sata is DISABLED then sound does not work, tried and tested.

The only problem i have now is EFI V8 when installed it does not boot in GUID , i have to use Boot Cd to boot into Leopard

Very strange, i don't see how these stuff are related.

About EVI V8 , works perfevtly with GUID, my DG31PR use this for the moment, later i hope EFI partition.

post-26592-1224361423_thumb.png

After that on my BadAxe 2 & DG31PR, i need to flag the first partition otherwise the won't boot.

I guess specific to Intel Mobo.

I was not shure it will works, the problem is that both green rear and front jack rely on the same NodeID, i guess it's forbidden or i don't know how to implement.

This time i use the BLACK rear jack as speaker output and i am pretty shure headphone front green jack will work.

Please try and report.

sorry.... report is too late..

According to selcet to micophone or headphone, both speaker(black rear jack) and headphone(front

pinkjack-sound out and mic) are fully working.. good..

When select to "microphone < [pink] front jack", black rear jack speake output was working.

So if you had changed the name " microphone <[pink] front jack" --> "speaker out < [black] rear jack"

"headphone >[green] front jack"---> "microphone>[pink] front jack", i would selcet to jack easy..

And why i can't see anyting in my system profiler??

thanks for your hard work again.

here is my screen shot

post-301310-1224481606_thumb.jpg

post-301310-1224482055_thumb.jpg

post-301310-1224482404_thumb.jpg

Great release! Thanks.

Sleep/wake works like a charm, having sound after resume works too, but i have some issues:

1. On every start up i will have distorted sound. If i enter in the Audio Midi Setup and click on the drop-down list of the sample rate or bit depth, the distortion will disappear.

2. I still have shutdown issues, geting kernel panic at shutdown. Restart and sleep works well. I still had this shutdown issue with the Tarugas release.

Zaurak

sorry.... report is too late..

According to selcet to micophone or headphone, both speaker(black rear jack) and headphone(front

pinkjack-sound out and mic) are fully working.. good..

When select to "microphone < [pink] front jack", black rear jack speake output was working.

So if you had changed the name " microphone <[pink] front jack" --> "speaker out < [black] rear jack"

"headphone >[green] front jack"---> "microphone>[pink] front jack", i would selcet to jack easy..

And why i can't see anyting in my system profiler??

thanks for your hard work again.

here is my screen shot

Good for you it's working, if you download v4 release, even if it is not for your codec, you will find the method to change "headphone >[green] front jack"---> "microphone>[pink] front jack" and so on accordingly to your needs, i provide it for users with a different language than English.

It's easy you will see.

Does the pic's were taken with an untouched AppleHDA.kext, because i can see a mix of Inputs and Outputs and did not understand exactly what happend.

Great release! Thanks.

Sleep/wake works like a charm, having sound after resume works too, but i have some issues:

1. On every start up i will have distorted sound. If i enter in the Audio Midi Setup and click on the drop-down list of the sample rate or bit depth, the distortion will disappear.

2. I still have shutdown issues, geting kernel panic at shutdown. Restart and sleep works well. I still had this shutdown issue with the Tarugas release.

Zaurak

What is your config and Mobo please? if you want to be helped, i need more information and config and mobo are the minimum.

Great release! Thanks.

Zaurak

the least u can do to somehow get help is to provide specs of your computer.

I get distorted sound as well

same thing w/ u slim2001.

the least u can do to somehow get help is to provide specs of your computer.

same thing w/ u slim2001.

Sorry forgot to mention the hardware specs:

Mobo: Badaxe2 /Sound chip 9274D

CPU: E6600

RAM: 6 GB

PCI: Audigy 4 Pro - with beta drivers, no sound input having kernel panics. Driver removed.

Zaurak

PCI: Audigy 4 Pro - with beta drivers, no sound input having kernel panics. Driver removed.

Zaurak

Thanks for the information.

Without your PCI: Audigy 4 Pro you don't have any trouble?

Hi Guys,

Sorry i found a typo in AppleHDA.kext info.plist

So here is the corrected v5

Alain, your effort is greatly appreciated !

What is actually difference between v4 and v5 ? I'm successfully using v4 so far....

Thanks again.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for v5, if i'm correct it should solve the distortion issue.

Has somebody any clue abut the shutdown issue? I never had previously, just since i installed Kalyway 10.5.2. I updated to 10.5.5 but still remains.

Before i was 10.5.4 updated from 10.5.1 kalyway

Thanks.

Alain, your effort is greatly appreciated !

What is actually difference between v4 and v5 ? I'm successfully using v4 so far....

Thanks again.

Forget about v4 even if it works, use v5 typo is about a channel shoud be 2 and is 4, could have very strange behavior sometimes i suppose.

Thanks for v5, if i'm correct it should solve the distortion issue.

Has somebody any clue abut the shutdown issue? I never had previously, just since i installed Kalyway 10.5.2. I updated to 10.5.5 but still remains.

Before i was 10.5.4 updated from 10.5.1 kalyway

Thanks.

You will tell me, for me doesn't change anything, but it's a real bug.

Hi Guys,

tnx a lot for your efforts Alain. too bad that our timezones are perhaps half-a-day away. can't wait to get home & try these. will post feedback the soonest possible. :)

Forget about v4 even if it works, use v5 typo is about a channel shoud be 2 and is 4, could have very strange behavior sometimes i suppose.

I installed v5 restarted, and but still having sound badly overdriven at start up. The remedy is the same, using Audio Midi setup.

Hope i can be useful to solve the problem.

If you need any more details, yust ask.

Zaurak

I installed v5 restarted, and but still having sound badly overdriven at start up. The remedy is the same, using Audio Midi setup.

Hope i can be useful to solve the problem.

If you need any more details, yust ask.

Zaurak

r u still having the kernel panic at shutdown?

r u still having the kernel panic at shutdown?

Yes i do have the kernel panic. And the distortion too.

I'm not sure about i don't have time now to test, but is observed that the lower the bitrate i set the louder the distorted sound became, and the distortion is more sever.

Later i can confirm this, till then consider just an impression.

Yes i do have the kernel panic. And the distortion too.

I'm not sure about i don't have time now to test, but is observed that the lower the bitrate i set the louder the distorted sound became, and the distortion is more sever.

Later i can confirm this, till then consider just an impression.

Whats your mobo and config please?

Zaurak

Thanks for the information.

Without your PCI: Audigy 4 Pro you don't have any trouble?

@MACinized,

Never answered the question!

Leoopardoo with the same mobo reported full working codec and dont see a reason to swap v4 and v5.

It's difficult for me to really understand what is working or not as very few guys reports and often very summarily.

Thanks, v5 is working here like a charm :-) Today I finally bought headphones with mic for my skype :) Alain, is there any way to have real audio info in System Profiler ?

Thanks !

EDIT: so far can't find any difference between v4 and v5 so I'm staying with current v5.

Thanks, v5 is working here like a charm :-) Today I finally bought headphones with mic for my skype :) Alain, is there any way to have real audio info in System Profiler ?

Thanks !

EDIT: so far can't find any difference between v4 and v5 so I'm staying with current v5.

Here is what i can get but not really accurate, missing speakers and line out.

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x80860419

Audio ID: 4

Available Devices:

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Microphone:

Line In:

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

@MACinized,

Never answered the question!

Leoopardoo with the same mobo reported full working codec and dont see a reason to swap v4 and v5.

It's difficult for me to really understand what is working or not as very few guys reports and often very summarily.

Yes, it has nothing to do with Audigy 4, I removed the card, and nothing is changed.

v6 release is out

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=924073

Yes, it has nothing to do with Audigy 4, I removed the card, and nothing is changed.

OK thanks,

I am not shure we own the same mobo, mine is BLKD975XBX2KR,

if yours it the same what OSX are running vanilla, iAtkos, Leo4All ... ?

Personnaly i did a vanilla 10.5.4 install updated to 10.5.5 and use a few kext in EFI boot partition,

and of course changed AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E to mine.

v6 release is out

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=924073

OK thanks,

I am not shure we own the same mobo, mine is BLKD975XBX2KR,

if yours it the same what OSX are running vanilla, iAtkos, Leo4All ... ?

Personnaly i did a vanilla 10.5.4 install updated to 10.5.5 and use a few kext in EFI boot partition,

and of course changed AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E to mine.

I have BLKD975XBX2KR too.

My last install is a 1.5.5 updated from kalyway 10.5.2 Vanilla kernel.

Before i had 10.5.4 updated from 10.5.1 trough 10.5.2, 10.5.3 and never had shutdown issues.

I'll try the v6 and came back with results.

Thanks.