Intel HDA Audio Codec STA9274D

AlainTox714

261 posts in this topic

No don't use Audio EFI Strings, you will loose System Profiler Audio report, otherwise Kext and System Pref are working.

Are you shure you are using the right couple HDAEnabler and AppleHDA.kext?

Did you set the correct permissions and owners for these kext?

I always delete the old kext in terminal before copying the new ones, i notice that overcopying sometimes gives unexpected results.

What exactly is not working?

Well I did all these steps you have described above as usuall - deleted previous and copied new - v7 HDAEnabler and AppleHDA.kext to S/L/E set correct permissions (manually via console), deleted kext cache and rebooted - after that I don't have any audio and no info in sys. profiler.

Any clue ?

Well I did all these steps you have described above as usuall - deleted previous and copied new - v7 HDAEnabler and AppleHDA.kext to S/L/E set correct permissions (manually via console), deleted kext cache and rebooted - after that I don't have any audio and no info in sys. profiler.

Any clue ?

Stupid question are you shure you are using STAC9274D and not 9271D?

In Terminal type:

kextstat | grep HDA

you should find:

com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA

HDAEnabler quit when the job done.

If not try to delete at the same time:

/Library/Caches/com.apple.Components2.LocalCache.AudioComponents

/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

and reboot.

If you get the same results try to launch AppleHDA.kext in terminal:

sudo kextload -t -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

it will load or not, even if it loads it don't works at all but you will have report of errors.

use kextunload to remove the 3 kexts, respect order or it fails.

Hope this help.

Stupid question are you shure you are using STAC9274D and not 9271D?

In Terminal type:

kextstat | grep HDA

you should find:

com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController

com.apple.driver.AppleHDA

HDAEnabler quit when the job done.

If not try to delete at the same time:

/Library/Caches/com.apple.Components2.LocalCache.AudioComponents

/System/Library/Extensions.mkext

and reboot.

If you get the same results try to launch AppleHDA.kext in terminal:

sudo kextload -t -v /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

it will load or not, even if it loads it don't works at all but you will have report of errors.

use kextunload to remove the 3 kexts, respect order or it fails.

Hope this help.

Thanks Alain !! - will try it and report back here...

Any clue ?

I have the same problems; using v6 for now. I install v7 the same way I did all prior versions, using Kexthelper (also tried OSX86Tools) to no avail. Re-installed v6 and it works fine. This is really puzzling.

I have the same problems; using v6 for now. I install v7 the same way I did all prior versions, using Kexthelper (also tried OSX86Tools) to no avail. Re-installed v6 and it works fine. This is really puzzling.

OK but very strange as some of you report the v7 not working, i checked and it's what i did:

1) Download from the site STAC9274D.v7.zip

2) Unzip on desktop, just double clicking

3) Open terminal

4) Type: sudo -s >> password

5) rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext

6) cp -R ~/Desktop/STAC9274D.v7/AppleHDA.kext /System/Library/Extensions

cp -R ~/Desktop/STAC9274D.v7/HDAEnabler.kext /System/Library/Extensions

don' t worry if the system pop up a warning telling it can't use these kexts.

7) chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext

8) chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler.kext

9) check if you only have one /System/Library/Extensions.mkext, if not wait untill you have only one.

10) rm -f /Library/Caches/com.apple.Components2.LocalCache.AudioComponents

rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

11) restart

And for me it works pretty fine, i test one more time all inputs and outputs and everything working.

If it doesn't work for you and following the example of mls64, you reinstall v6 and get a working v6 release, please try to do a complete report of what was not working with v7 release:

Are the kexts loaded, which ones?

Whats in System profiler?

Whats in System log, search HDA

Whats it System Preferences?

Anything else you find usefull .....

Thanks, so i could try to really help.

I'll start to do some digging too, but to clarify a bit of these problems: I had the sound working, but something happened and now I can't access it anymore. I did some playing to get Time Machine work (IONetworkingFamily.kext from Baron), changed to a new mouse and used a different USB port, installed drivers for the mouse (and then uninstalled those), so potentially there might have been quite a bit of damage done by me. However, something made the sound drivers disappear.

Kexts:

93 2 0x3548a000 0x6000 0x5000 com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (1.2.9a4) <6 5 4 2>

94 0 0x35498000 0x7000 0x6000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (1.2.4a21) <93 17 6 5 4 2>

98 0 0x3597c000 0x4b000 0x4a000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (1.2.4a21) <93 83 6 5 4 2>

System Profiler:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x80860419

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

System log:

Oct 30 19:44:46 localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2008 by Kabyl

Oct 30 19:44:46 localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Added SPAudio support LayoutID:4

System Preferences:

Nada. No devices what so ever.

I'll start to do some digging too, but to clarify a bit of these problems: I had the sound working, but something happened and now I can't access it anymore. I did some playing to get Time Machine work (IONetworkingFamily.kext from Baron), changed to a new mouse and used a different USB port, installed drivers for the mouse (and then uninstalled those), so potentially there might have been quite a bit of damage done by me. However, something made the sound drivers disappear.

Kexts:

93 2 0x3548a000 0x6000 0x5000 com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily (1.2.9a4) <6 5 4 2>

94 0 0x35498000 0x7000 0x6000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (1.2.4a21) <93 17 6 5 4 2>

98 0 0x3597c000 0x4b000 0x4a000 com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (1.2.4a21) <93 83 6 5 4 2>

System Profiler:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 12

Available Devices:

System log:

Oct 30 19:44:46 localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2008 by Kabyl

Oct 30 19:44:46 localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Added SPAudio support LayoutID:4

System Preferences:

Nada. No devices what so ever.

You are using at the same time HDAEnabler and another AUDIO injector like EFI strings or ALCinject and the Layout is wrong, you should see

Audio ID: 4

If you like to have HDAEnabler in a boot image or partition thats not a problem it works perfectly fine inside these boots loader.

But before try to get it working in /S/L/E more easy.

You are using at the same time HDAEnabler and another AUDIO injector like EFI strings or ALCinject and the Layout is wrong, you should see...

Thanks! It works again. Curiously though, I had it working earlier even with the ALCinject there, which caused my confusion. Thank you.

Thanks! It works again. Curiously though, I had it working earlier even with the ALCinject there, which caused my confusion. Thank you.

In v6 HDAEnabler IOPCIClassMatch match either "040200" and "040300" and can set in IOreg "AZAL" or "HDEF".

In v7 HDAEnabler IOPCIClassMatch only match "040300" and just set "HDEF" which is right.

compatible : <"pci8086,419", "pci8086,27d8", "pciclass,040300">

thats the reason.

If you like to come back to previous release in:

STAC9274D.v7/HDAEnabler.kext/Contents/Info.plist

change:

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x04030000</string>

to

<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>

<string>0x04020000&0xFFFE0000</string>

you can also use v6 HDAEnabler but you will not have anymore the LayoutID report in logs.

@ALL

For all of you guys who have problems, in a first time try to use v6 HDAEnabler, could help

or

Check if you are using at the same time HDAEnabler and another AUDIO injector like EFI strings or ALCinject.

V7 still not working... even after removing ALCinject.kext and following all instructions from Alain. Nevermind - staying with v6 :-)

If v6 is working there is no reason for a not working v7.

So when you got time, after reinstalling v7 could you tell me:

Thanks, so i could try to really help.

Intel HDA Audio Codec STA9227, DQ965GF, (Mic, Headphones, MuteButton)

v1 10.4.9 release for test.

REMOVE the old HDAEnabler.kext and use the new one.

Check if you are using another AUDIO injector like EFI strings or ALCinject and remove it otherwise it will not works.

The new HDAEnabler report in startup log:

localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2008 by Kabyl

localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Added SPAudio support LayoutID:4

the old ones:

localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2008 by Kabyl

localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SPAudio support:Taruga

I did this little hack (sorry Taruga) to avoid missmatching errors between HDAEnabler.kext and AppleHDA.kext which don't use the same layoutID 4 in this case.

Now when you boot your system in mode verbose, you will see the used layoutID.

Obviously it is also writen in system log.

v1 release

Outputs : Headphones Rear and Front Green Jack,

Inputs : Microphone Rear Pink Jack,

Line In Rear Blue Jack.

Mute functionality expected working.

System Profiler Audio report should only report 3 lines.

Audio System preferences selection should be correct.

STAC9227.v1_toTest.zip

Finally, after 2 weeks of endlees installation of iDeneb's, iAkos's I succeeded (first week didn't noticed the SKIP button while verifying installation DVD :)).

Mobo: Intel DX48BT2 aka Bonetrail 2

CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 @ 2,5gHz

RAM: 2GB

CD/DVD: TSST corp CDDVDW SH-S223Q

Controllers: Intel ICH9 Family

LAN: Intel82566MM (onboard)

VGA: ASUS (NVIDIA) GeForce 9600GT Silent (QE/CI: working)

Audio: STAC9274D (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC) (onboard)

OS's: WinXP SP3 original @ Partinion1 / iDeneb 1.3 Leopard 10.5.5 @ Partition2

FireWire: Yes

iDeneb 1.3 install notes: Vanilla Kernel, ICH9Fix, AppleBios = 1333 (as my RAM), no VGA/LAN drivers, onboard LAN/AUDIO disabled (!!!) in BIOS while installing and while first boot. After registration - enable them back. Then while installing ALL drivers: boot using mode '-x' in boot.

LAN/VGA/Audio drivers: found @ InsanelyMac.

Use OSXTools to repair permissions, set permissions, clear system cache after each driver is installed and before reboot.

Problems: Doesn't reboot/shutdown. :)

Not tested: Sleep.

Need Help, i dont know much about MAC OS X, I installed and now everything is working fine beside sound. I changed one .kext with another then i got sound but sound is not clear and and in System preferences its not showing any audio hardware. Now i do have linux dump of my audio also but dont know how to use it. I have downloaded STAC9274D v-7, and my audio is Sigmatel VendorID is 8384 and my DevID is 7680, now can anybody tell me what i need to do right now to get sound and can sleep easily, This Mac has taken my sleep away,

Thanks in advance from India :thumbsup_anim:

Need Help, i dont know much about MAC OS X, I installed and now everything is working fine beside sound. I changed one .kext with another then i got sound but sound is not clear and and in System preferences its not showing any audio hardware. Now i do have linux dump of my audio also but dont know how to use it. I have downloaded STAC9274D v-7, and my audio is Sigmatel VendorID is 8384 and my DevID is 7680, now can anybody tell me what i need to do right now to get sound and can sleep easily, This Mac has taken my sleep away,

Thanks in advance from India :P

First of all i don't understand how your "Sigmatel VendorID is 8384 and my DevID is 7680".

Otherwise for Sigmatel STAC9274D the DevID is 7621 and nothing else will works STAC9274D v-7.

So what is your mobo?

If your Codec is Sigmatel STAC9274D for installation just check the first post and this one:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=948875

Hope this help.

Hi, I kind of new to this, I am running Leopard 10.5.2 with the vanilla kernel on a Gateway GT5238E. Everything works great except I have no sound. I have tried installing a variety of kexts, but to no avail. System Profiler says my Audio Device:

Intel High Definition Audio

Device ID: 0x107B505A

Available Devices:

And thats it. I don't know what to do. Any help?

First of all i don't understand how your "Sigmatel VendorID is 8384 and my DevID is 7680".

Otherwise for Sigmatel STAC9274D the DevID is 7621 and nothing else will works STAC9274D v-7.

So what is your mobo?

If your Codec is Sigmatel STAC9274D for installation just check the first post and this one:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...st&p=948875

Hope this help.

Thanks for instant reply AlainTox714 i was hoping the same from you. Now let me put all clear details -

Mobo is- Intel original 945GCL

I am using Kalyway 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel

Audio hardware- Sigmatel 9220, dev id 8384 and vendor id is- 7680

Now i think you have got all what u need so please now let me know what i need to do, thanks.

Have a great day :P

Thanks for instant reply AlainTox714 i was hoping the same from you. Now let me put all clear details -

Mobo is- Intel original 945GCL

I am using Kalyway 10.5.2 with vanilla kernel

Audio hardware- Sigmatel 9220, dev id 8384 and vendor id is- 7680

Now i think you have got all what u need so please now let me know what i need to do, thanks.

Have a great day :D

OK thanks, AppleMacBook use Sigmatel STAC9221(D) D not shure, it's the same DevID than yours so you have to try with original AppleHDA.kext, pick an AUDIO enabler and set you mobo IOPCIPrimaryMatch in plist file at the right place, begin with old kext like 10.4.9, you will have more chance to get it working.

If it doesn't work at all, later i will take a look because a few time ago i build an STAC9221D for a guy which was working i guess (no news).

At this time i am busy with a work in progress (STAC9227 Codec).

When i will be ready i will open a new thread so everybody will be able to find and catch it.

I found very confusing to make a mix of all Sigmatel Codecs.

OK thanks, AppleMacBook use Sigmatel STAC9221(D) D not shure, it's the same DevID than yours so you have to try with original AppleHDA.kext, pick an AUDIO enabler and set you mobo IOPCIPrimaryMatch in plist file at the right place, begin with old kext like 10.4.9, you will have more chance to get it working.

If it doesn't work at all, later i will take a look because a few time ago i build an STAC9221D for a guy which was working i guess (no news).

At this time i am busy with a work in progress (STAC9227 Codec).

When i will be ready i will open a new thread so everybody will be able to find and catch it.

I found very confusing to make a mix of all Sigmatel Codecs.

Thanks, I will try those .kext to make it work. And i read many comments it seems that the driver you have made its working about STAC9227. Great Job done. keep it up.

Thanks one more time for giving advice.

Thanks, I will try those .kext to make it work. And i read many comments it seems that the driver you have made its working about STAC9227. Great Job done. keep it up.

Thanks one more time for giving advice.

Take a look at this thread, could help.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=170168

Hi, I kind of new to this, I am running Leopard 10.5.2 with the vanilla kernel on a Gateway GT5238E. Everything works great except I have no sound. I have tried installing a variety of kexts, but to no avail. System Profiler says my Audio Device:

Intel High Definition Audio

Device ID: 0x107B505A

Available Devices:

And thats it. I don't know what to do. Any help?

Both of you if you got time please make a Linux Codec Dump of your mobo and upload it.

So i will look at it.