Intel HDA Audio Codec STA9274D

AlainTox714

261 posts in this topic

I have BLKD975XBX2KR too.

My last install is a 1.5.5 updated from kalyway 10.5.2 Vanilla kernel.

Before i had 10.5.4 updated from 10.5.1 trough 10.5.2, 10.5.3 and never had shutdown issues.

I'll try the v6 and came back with results.

Thanks.

I guess v6 will gives you the same problems, because v6 it just v5 with some data in plist file and cosmetics to get a correct Audio System Profiler report.

But if i remember, you are not the first reporting PB with kalyway, you have to know and i can assure you because i did a lot a reverse engeneering that these DVD are really a bit mix of various release beginning often from 10.4.x to 10.5.2.

These guys as they want the DVD working on most possible PC, swap briskly kexts and frameworks and .sreporter files.

So you end with a special mixture that could works and not sometimes in particular situation.

Worst when you update over this you are not assured that the new kexts, frameworks will works correctly with very old ones.

If i was you and if i add a retail DVD, i start a clean install and just changed what is strictly necessary.

With such a board, just removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and adding dsmos you can boot a vanilla install without any problems when you have set a correct bootloader EFIv8, Chameleon or Boot-132.

I guess v6 will gives you the same problems, because v6 it just v5 with some data in plist file and cosmetics to get a correct Audio System Profiler report.

But if i remember, you are not the first reporting PB with kalyway, you have to know and i can assure you because i did a lot a reverse engeneering that these DVD are really a bit mix of various release beginning often from 10.4.x to 10.5.2.

These guys as they want the DVD working on most possible PC, swap briskly kexts and frameworks and .sreporter files.

So you end with a special mixture that could works and not sometimes in particular situation.

Worst when you update over this you are not assured that the new kexts, frameworks will works correctly with very old ones.

If i was you and if i add a retail DVD, i start a clean install and just changed what is strictly necessary.

With such a board, just removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and adding dsmos you can boot a vanilla install without any problems when you have set a correct bootloader EFIv8, Chameleon or Boot-132.

Alain, that's right - Retail DVD is the best way to go with. I'm also considering to reinstall my system using retail vanilla version - but so far my Brazillmac EFIv8 is running like a charm :-) BTW, Alain do you have customized boot iso for BadAxe2 (BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY) ?

Anyway, thanks a lot for v6 - gonna test it right now, and let you know.

UPDATE: As usually v6 is working as described - with info in System Profiler and without any known issues ;)

Alain, that's right - Retail DVD is the best way to go with. I'm also considering to reinstall my system using retail vanilla version - but so far my Brazillmac EFIv8 is running like a charm :-) BTW, Alain do you have customized boot iso for BadAxe2 (BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY) ?

Anyway, thanks a lot for v6 - gonna test it right now, and let you know.

:hysterical:

Yes as i wrote before i use an EFI boot partition with only:

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

|-- AppleACPIButtons.kext

|-- AppleACPIEC.kext

|-- AppleACPIPCI.kext

AppleSMBIOS.kext

to get correct information in System Profiler

dsmos.kext

IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext

to get OSX running

IONetworkingFamily.kext

|-- AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

to get Network working

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

to get Grey Hard Disk on Desktop and AHCI

and an EFIstring com.apple.Boot.plist for NVidia graphic card.

i will probably add IOFireWireIP.kext as i get dependencies errors for this kext (not checked today).

thats all.

So, correct me if I'm wrong - you are not using IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.9. ?! And what kext is that AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext ? I can't find it in my /S/L/E folder.

So far I don't have any success with current Leopard vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext

So, correct me if I'm wrong - you are not using IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.9. ?! And what kext is that AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext ? I can't find it in my /S/L/E folder.

So far I don't have any success with current Leopard vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext

It is here : /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

I use v1.1.4a5 AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext from 10.5.2 if i remember well.

It is here : /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

I use v1.1.4a5 AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext from 10.5.2 if i remember well.

I use v1.1.7a3 AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext from 10.4.9... from 2007

Nevermind... that is the last issue (minor) I have with my spec. but that's for different topic :D

Are you able to run live apple updates from software update (I mean without the Netkas's trick with "while sleep...") ?

Thanks !

Nevermind... that is the last issue (minor) I have with my spec. but that's for different topic :)

Are you able to run live apple updates from software update (I mean without the Netkas's trick with "while sleep...") ?

Thanks !

Absolutly, i instal vanilla 10.5.4, set EFI Partition and then update to 10.5.5, everything went fine.

Nevermind... that is the last issue (minor) I have with my spec. but that's for different topic ;)

Thanks !

Thanks,

With v1.1.7a3 AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext from 10.4.9, no more IOFireWireIP.kext dependencies errors.

Thank you all and glad to read is working.

I have prepared a read me file but forgot to join it.

So here it is the most important part:

For Other Languages:

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings is modded to display correct information in English as shown below:

IntSpeakers = "Headphones - Speakers • [Green] F/R";

LineOut = "Line Out • [Orange]";

DigitalOut = "Digital Out • [Grey]";

InternalMic = "Microphone • [Pink] R";

LineIn = "Line In • [blue]";

DigitalIn = "Digital In";

If you like to get similar information in your language just following the example, mod your corresponding:

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/ "Your Language.lproj" /Localizable.strings

Hope this help.

Good to hear that. Could you please post EFI strings that you are using in plist file for BA2 audio ? Thanks !

I don't use EFI Strings for audio, but HDAEnabler works perfectly fine in EFI partition bootloader.

I forgot to mention it in my last response because as i often change of Layout ID for testing, i leave it in /S/L/E, quite easy to change.

I am not shure that you could set a working EFI string for Audio, HDAEnabler works with IOPCIClassMatch and not with vendor-id and subsystem-vendor-id.

EDITED

You can use Audio EFI Strings, just put layout-id to "0x00000004", it works but you will loose Audio information in System Profiler.

At the moment i don't understand the reason as everything is correctly reported in IOreg.

This kexts (9271D.v6) works on Tiger 10.4.11 too.

Thanks GLXOZ, happy to see it's working either in 10.4.11 and normally in 10.5.x, i have just tested 10.5.4 and 10.5.5.

About 10.4.11 this is totally normal as i am using binaries from 10.4.9.

OK. But what is a dot-line in audio devices on sound preferences, may i fix this ?

post-94835-1224883196_thumb.jpg

Is edit in Localizable.strings ?

post-94835-1224883249_thumb.jpg

Is edit in Localizable.strings ?

Yes that the lines with the dots.

may i fix this ?

One Device, not shure if it was headphones is reported twice, as i can't get rid of that and this reported line was not working, i decide in a first time to use it as a comment, and in a second time as a separator.

If you want to really see what happens just remove:

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings

and rename :

AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.strings-org to Localizable.strings.

After you can mod this up to you, if you don't just like the dots remove it's in Localizable.strings.

There is no need to reboot for that, just quit System Pref and relaunch it after editing Localizable, your mod's will shows up.

EDITED

You can use Audio EFI Strings, just put layout-id to "0x00000004", it works but you will loose Audio information in System Profiler.

At the moment i don't understand the reason as everything is correctly reported in IOreg.

Thanks GLXOZ, happy to see it's working either in 10.4.11 and normally in 10.5.x, i have just tested 10.5.4 and 10.5.5.

About 10.4.11 this is totally normal as i am using binaries from 10.4.9.

I'll give it a try... right now preparing everything for 100% vanilla install ;)

I'll give it a try... right now preparing everything for 100% vanilla install :censored2:

Good idea, if you need some help just tell me, but for me 100% is not achievable, AppleHDA.kext 10.4.9 only load correctly in /S/L/E.

That the reason why the next step for me is to get a working 10.5.5 AppleHDA.kext.

Today i can load a 10.5.0 AppleHDA.kext without any errors, but it do not works.

Well, v.7 is not working here... maybe because I have to use EFI strings in com.apple.Boot.plist ?!

Thanks for any advice.

No don't use Audio EFI Strings, you will loose System Profiler Audio report, otherwise Kext and System Pref are working.

Are you shure you are using the right couple HDAEnabler and AppleHDA.kext?

Did you set the correct permissions and owners for these kext?

I always delete the old kext in terminal before copying the new ones, i notice that overcopying sometimes gives unexpected results.

What exactly is not working?