Intel HDA Audio Codec STA9274D

AlainTox714

261 posts in this topic

Hmmm... I've tried V7 and it didn't work. I have 1 audio output, no inputs, and nothing from any of the jacks.

Since I tried so many things, I must have some kext leftover that is screwing things up. I'll try and pin down which one.

Alain, Thanks for your work on this. Works great!

It's nice to have the Mic working.

In windows the Intel Audio software has Orange as center/sub and back green as front.

Does both green front and back have to be set to headphone for osx?

If I want to switch easily between both win/osx I have to set green for my 2 channel speakers.

I made terminal command scripts to do the install of this, If anyone is interested I will post them here.

Alain, Thanks for your work on this. Works great!

It's nice to have the Mic working.

In windows the Intel Audio software has Orange as center/sub and back green as front.

Does both green front and back have to be set to headphone for osx?

If I want to switch easily between both win/osx I have to set green for my 2 channel speakers.

I made terminal command scripts to do the install of this, If anyone is interested I will post them here.

I guess so, if you want to keep everything working.

Remember in real Mac and AppleHDA is build for real Mac, there only Front headphones and Back Line Output.

Otherwise you can try to change NodeID in Info.plist it's well commented, but you are on your own.

Ok, I'm so close to having audio I can almost taste it (or should I say almost hear it). I'm running OS X 10.5.5 vanilla and I am booting from the EFI partition. My motherboard is a D975XBX2 (BadAxe2). The kexts in my EFI partition are:

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 AppleACPIPlatform.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 AppleAHCIPort.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:43 AppleHDA.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 AppleSMBIOS.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 Disabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 15:42 HDAEnabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 IONetworkingFamily.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 dsmos.kext

I am using a device string in my com.apple.Boot.plist to support my nVidia graphics card, and I have removed the ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

My audio kexts do not seem to be loading because when I do a kextstat | grep HDA I don't get anything. However, when I look in System Profiler, under Audio I have:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Device ID: 0x80860419

Audio ID: 4

Available Devices:

In the console, I do have the message:

localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2008 by Kabyl

localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Added SPAudio support LayoutID:4

Under System Preferences I get the message No output devices found

I have removed /Library/Caches/com.apple.Components2.LocalCache.AudioComponents and /System/Library/Extensions.mkext but no success.

Once again, I feel like I am close and I'm missing something simple, but I don't know what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, I'm so close to having audio I can almost taste it (or should I say almost hear it). I'm running OS X 10.5.5 vanilla and I am booting from the EFI partition. My motherboard is a D975XBX2 (BadAxe2). The kexts in my EFI partition are:

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 AppleACPIPlatform.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 AppleAHCIPort.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:43 AppleHDA.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 AppleSMBIOS.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 Disabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 15:42 HDAEnabler.kext

drwxr-xr-x@ 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 IONetworkingFamily.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Dec 13 12:40 dsmos.kext

I am using a device string in my com.apple.Boot.plist to support my nVidia graphics card, and I have removed the ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.

My audio kexts do not seem to be loading because when I do a kextstat | grep HDA I don't get anything. However, when I look in System Profiler, under Audio I have:

Device ID: 0x80860419

Available Devices:

In the console, I do have the message:

localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Copyright © 2008 by Kabyl

localhost kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: Added SPAudio support LayoutID:4

Under System Preferences I get the message No output devices found

I have removed /Library/Caches/com.apple.Components2.LocalCache.AudioComponents and /System/Library/Extensions.mkext but no success.

Once again, I feel like I am close and I'm missing something simple, but I don't know what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I managed to get my audio working :D , but I had to move the AppleHDA.kext into /System/Library/Extensions :( . I was unable to get it to load properly in my EFI partition. (The HDAEnabler.kext loads fine from the EFI partition.) Does anyone have any suggestions?

It's certainly not the end of the world if I have to replace the patched AppleHDA.kext everytime I upgrade, but I would prefer not to if I can help it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Intel D975XBX2 and installed Leopard 10.5.5

I am download your driver STAC9271D.v7.zip and install flowing instruction in readme

Driver don't work, system work only boot from type -x

After remove STAC9271D.v7.zip system is ok.

Please help, Ned Line-in or Mic-in on this soundboard.

I have Intel D975XBX2 and installed Leopard 10.5.5

I am download your driver STAC9271D.v7.zip and install flowing instruction in readme

Driver don't work, system work only boot from type -x

After remove STAC9271D.v7.zip system is ok.

Please help, Ned Line-in or Mic-in on this soundboard.

Please learn about your Hardware BadAxe 2 use Sigmatel 9274D for ages

i am using the new intel motherboard dx58so and it says that it has

the same audio device as BadAxe, so i thought i would give it a try.

unfortunatly none of the kext/HdaEnabler/patcher worked. has anyone

got a solution for that/ has the same mother board?

thanks

mm

Please learn about your Hardware BadAxe 2 use Sigmatel 9274D for ages

tried the driver STAC9274D.v7.zip and the sound icon in the upper left corner is still there and the sound is not working.

What can I help?

Ok i have found out what the real reason why my sound was not working

In the bios

Advance/ Peripheral Configuration/ Secondary Sata/ "ENABLE"/ IDE MODE"

if Secondary Sata is DISABLED then sound does not work, tried and tested.

The only problem i have now is EFI V8 when installed it does not boot in GUID , i have to use Boot Cd to boot into Leopard

Hi Slim2001,

Now that it has been some time since your setup, perhaps you have done more installs...

Can you please list exactly what's needed in order to get the AlainTox STA9274D audio driver to work on the Intel DX38BT board?

ie:

Can the internal audio connector stay connected to the HD audio jack (and still use 5.1 in other OS's)?

Do you have to change anything specific from the audio driver package that is being distributed here?

- Version numbers? Anything?

Was there anythign else out of the ordinary that you had to do?

Thanks,

Norrin

1) I check your IOPCIPrimaryMatch and it is 0x293E8086, so it's OK.

2) DELETE every kext related to Audio ALCInject, HDAEnabler, AppleHDA and if your are using EFI strings the Audio part, in S/L/E and in every place you put this kexts, i mean special folder/partition used by bootloader.

3) Delete Audio cache and mkext.

4) Restart and check you get nothing in System Profiler in Audio item.

5) If Audio report is empty go to 6 otherwise go to 2 unless you get an empty Audio report.

6) Copy HDAEnabler, AppleHDA kext in S/L/E set rights and perm's, restart.

7) If your jacks are working with vista, linux or XP they will be functionning.

Hope this help.

I got it working using these instructions. Started over just like it says.

Mobo: DX38BT

ALL THANKS GO TO ALAINTOX

Line out seems to be the orange port.... is this how it is intended?

It has to be this way?

Also, is it correct that there's no way to get 5.1 sound of out OS X?

Thanks so much guys!

Sorry my mistake, the link should point to v7 so it's OK, you already tried it.

So here is the requested file:

STAC9271D_0x83847627_testing_1.zip

Thanks for hard work and generousness for all people involved. I finally got my sound working.

My mobo is Intel DG965WH. What is strange that kext v.7 from other download never worked for me. But after update to 10.5.6 (I have retail install with munky EFI method) and installation of files from this download sound icon finally appeared in my toolbar... Is there any changes in AppleHDA.kext from STAC9274D.v7.zip and this STAC9271...esting_1.zip ?

--

mobo Intel DG965WH, processor Core2Duo 2.13, memory 4 GB DDR2-800 Dual Channel, graphics Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 256 (EFI string), hdd SATA, audio Sigmatel STAC9271D, LAN controller A-Link NA1GHR Gigabit

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BuildSmart

I recently had AlainTox rework the modification for the STAC9221D and STAC9274D based on a binary I patched so a single kext package to make both of these work and work properly was available.

Thinking about it a little more and the process I used I have decided to expand the capabilities of the binary even further to support all of the Sigmatel STAC92XX chipsets based on information I have or get in the near future.

What I need from you is the information to aid in the development of this single solution package, what I need is to know what STAC92XX you have and what your primary and secondary PCI ID's are.

EXAMPLE: (two I have)

STAC9221D - 0x27D88086 - 0x04178086
STAC9274D - 0x27D88086 - 0x04198086

You can obtain the PCI ID's using the PCI Utils and the following command (how I got them )

lspci -nvnv
...SNIP...
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device [8086:0419]
...SNIP...

This gives me a primary ID of 0x27D88086 and a secondary ID of 0x04198086 for my STAC9274D.

As you all have figured out, I'm not a very patient person when it comes to development so the sooner you provide the data the more likely your audio will be properly supported, if the data is not provided then chances are you will have to find a different audio solution and hope that it is properly supported.

As many of you have found out, using taruga's patcher doesn't always give you fully supported or properly working audio.

Those BadAxe (1 / 2) owners who are now using the 92XXDHDA.kext know what fully supported and properly working audio is.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for this work.

Install v7 on iPC 10.5.6 with `Kext Helper b7`.

The drivers are listed but no `audio out` on my Intel DX48BT2

Audio (Built In):

Device ID: 0x174BAA18

Available Devices:

Device ID: 0x80860519

Available Devices:

Line In:

Connection: 1/8 inch Jack

Microphone:

Headphone:

Line Out:

S/P-DIF Out:

Connection: Optical

See attachments, please.

post-11178-1237780805_thumb.jpg

post-11178-1237780463_thumb.jpg

post-11178-1237780441_thumb.jpg

post-11178-1237780685_thumb.jpg

post-11178-1237780696_thumb.jpg

Thanks for help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
->

hey Cayne, we have pretty much the same setup can you give me the driver you used for sound? I installed his v7 but it won't work. Here is my system

Mfr Part Number: BLKDP35DPM

* CPU: Socket 775 Support Intel Core 2 2.8ghz

* Chipset: Intel P35 & ICH9R

* Memory: 4x 240pin DDR2-800/667 DIMMs, Dual Channel, Max Capacity 8GB

* Slots: 1x PCI-Express x16 slot; 3x PCI-Express x1 slots; 3x PCI slots

* IDE/SATA: 1x ATA-133 Channel; 6x SATA2 ports, Support RAID 0, 1, 10, 5

* Audio: Sigmatel STAC9271D 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

* LAN: Intel 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller

* Ports: 12x USB 2.0 Ports (6 rear, 6 by headers); 2x IEEE 1394a Ports (1 rear, 1 by header); 1x Serial Header; 1x RJ45 LAN Port; Audio I/O Jacks

and here is my extensions folder

http://69.108.218.45/wip

Thanks!

PS: I installed iatkos 5vi and later did the upgrade to 10.5.6 and some of my dmg and iso files won't anymore, also my clock runs fast a minute every 10 minutes do you have these problems too?

• 3 weeks later...
Ok i have found out what the real reason why my sound was not working

In the bios

Advance/ Peripheral Configuration/ Secondary Sata/ "ENABLE"/ IDE MODE"

if Secondary Sata is DISABLED then sound does not work, tried and tested.

The only problem i have now is EFI V8 when installed it does not boot in GUID , i have to use Boot Cd to boot into Leopard

THANK YOU SLIM!!! I have a DX48BT2 which apparently has the same chip - I've been going nuts for the last week wondering why all my device/codec id values appeared correct and the internal sound is there but nothing coming out of the speakers!

And a huge thank you to AlainTox714 for all the hard work - I really wish I understood this stuff well enough to actually contribute some kexts myself!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I kind of new to this, I am running Leopard 10.5.2 with the vanilla kernel on a Gateway GT5238E. Everything works great except I have no sound. I have tried installing a variety of kexts, but to no avail. System Profiler says my Audio Device:

Intel High Definition Audio

Device ID: 0x107B505A

Available Devices:

And thats it. I don't know what to do. Any help?

Hi I see you're running leopard on a Gateway GT5238E. I have a Gateway GT5238E and want to install leopard on it and was wondering what the bios settings and adjustments you had to make to get it installed. any help would be appreciated it hangs up on the white screen on me.