[HOW TO] Patch AppleHDA - Knowledge Base

THe KiNG

392 posts in this topic

Funny but you were one of the ones who said you made it work at one time with sigmatel and now you offer generating the PinConfiguration data as a partial solution, that isn't a working solution and as a stop gap I already export the PinConfiguration from DSDT using the 10.4 modified AppleHDA.kext until a solution becomes present that I can move into DSDT and get away from modifying plist files.

Explain what/how, if you want to see examples of DSDT exporting data just look at the current DSDT, it has several examples of data injection.

I think you are confusing me with someone else...

What I did (working kexts/fix) is in this guide, that example was to show you just a part(save space here) on how it can be done, and you are confusing things... "PinConfigurations" does nothing more then printing in system profiler info w/o hdacontroller injection/fix!

And I tried to inject the rest of missing data w/o luck, and stop treating me as a n00b, at least on sound I'm not.

You have attached the complete SigmaTel STAC9228 set, is not 100% fixed is just to show u what needs to be injected in plus...

If you can give me screen access 24/7 on that BadAxe box I can try to fix it, or u can come on irc and find me...

SigmaTel_STAC9228.zip

hey thee the king:

I have made codec dump+codec hex to dec+made pin configs applied it to the system in applehda.kext (included is also plugins/hdaenabler) but sound dont work...

I am attaching the everything i found and the modded hda, if you can take a look at it and tell me which part is wrong, because this whole thing is a bit confusing at some parts... i still made the kext but doesnt wanna load/work...

before you look at the attachment maybe you may have an opinion already so here it is: This is a Realtek 027210ec card (it works with azalia audio driver, which makes me think that the codec maybe transfered or altered/modified to work with hda.kext... i read somewhere that codec of 272 is new and it may be not supported by hda ?) if you think it can work please take a look at the driver and tell me if there is anything wrong or needs to be modified?

Attached are:

+ codec dump from linux

+ codec hex t0 dec convertion

+ pin configs i found i believe right when it may be wrong?

+ configdata

+ patched hda incl hdaenabler

=============================

So what do you suggest with the attached information mate? thanx

027210ec.zip

I tried using your ALC888/S/T for desktop with patched AppleHDA.kext, speaker works but no headphone and mic, no front jacks too. Can you post the complete AppleHDA.kext for ALC888/S/T? I am having:

Intel® High Definition Audio subsystem in the following configuration:

• 6-channel (5.1) audio subsystem using the Realtek ALC888* audio codec

The king:

do you know what does

Sound assertion "0 == fInterruptSource" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 215 goto Exit1

error means?

i made all the corrections and insertions correctly, but codec 027210ec refusing to load,

@P35-DS3L users

here is the 10.5.6 patched applehda (with 5.1 analog support)

I'm trying this on my EFI partition boot install. I hope it works.

EDIT: Doesn't work if I place it in EFI/Extensions but works in /S/L/E. Maybe I should try modifying the LegacyHDA*.kext. Interesting observation...with HDAEnabler.kext in EFI/Extensions with vanilla (10.5.6) AppleHDA.kext the Audio ID is 888 under System Profiler, but with your patched AppleHDA.kext the Audio ID is 12. Any ideas? Thanks!

@P35-DS3L users

here is the 10.5.6 patched applehda (with 5.1 analog support)

Hi, cparm, could you explain how did you patched ? Any special care?

I have an 889a on my EP35DS3P, I tried to patch following The King guide without succes.I have assertion errors. With the previous version had no problems.

After Update to 10.5.6 my Legacy Kexts (plist only) stop working, even patched AppleHDA.kext from 10.5.5 give me assertion errors now in 10.5.6.

Any Ideas?

thanks

SOLVED: With Stipckin Legacy Kexts.

i dont want to be mean, but what is the point of making a topic if you dont answer people at all with usefull constructive comments...

you provided so much information and all mixed up, one showing up graphicx other vista etc... and you dont even take 5- mins to answer people...

the method you provided does not mention how many codecs are provided in the hda driver, guess you have to try by hard way...

another thing is when you do a test, and wanna make another one, you have to remove /s/l/e/caches/com* and /s/l/extensions.mkext in order for new kext to load else it grabs previous caches and causes a nice mixture of soup...

your method works to certain degree (if you are lucky like yourself) with built in supported codecs for drivers and you fail to mention any further information or provide any further help....

it is appreciated that you put down some information you COLLECTED/GRABBED from other sources, but it is useless if you dont provide further help...

Help please...

I've been working on that for hours now but still - no sound...

I have STAC9227 (dell e520) - I've followed the guide, I have internal mic, speakers, line out and line in - all in device list (about this mac) but in "System preferences -> sound" - no input or output devices displayed (and no sound)...

Here's what dmesg gives:

Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidgetSTAC9220.cpp" at line 83 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAFunctionGroup.cpp" at line 114 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDAFunctionGroupSTAC9220.cpp" at line 55 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != err" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-157.1.24/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodecGeneric.cpp" at line 154 goto ExitError

Do you have any idea why I have devices discovered but no input or output devices in system preferences???

i dont want to be mean, but what is the point of making a topic if you dont answer people at all with usefull constructive comments...

If you are not blind and understand english, read @ begining of the guide

you provided so much information and all mixed up, one showing up graphicx other vista etc... and you dont even take 5- mins to answer people...

I'm sorry if your brain can't handle so much information...

the method you provided does not mention how many codecs are provided in the hda driver, guess you have to try by hard way...

I asked Steve Job to publish the hda sources but he refused so I cant answer to your qyuestion...

another thing is when you do a test, and wanna make another one, you have to remove /s/l/e/caches/com* and /s/l/extensions.mkext in order for new kext to load else it grabs previous caches and causes a nice mixture of soup...

I dont use Tiger hda kexts... I use plist only kexts in /extra/mkext, no need for cache removal, be smart...

your method works to certain degree (if you are lucky like yourself) with built in supported codecs for drivers and you fail to mention any further information or provide any further help....

read above ^^^

it is appreciated that you put down some information you COLLECTED/GRABBED from other sources, but it is useless if you dont provide further help...

You are a living proof that some people dosen't deserve to be helped! I don't see any "copyright" in my guide and I said from where comes the info ( google, Taruga and intel docs).

I will say again in your style, maybe you will understand in that way...:

***###+++///&&& THIS IS A KNOWLEDGE BASE TOPIC!!!!! USE GOOGLE TO TRANSLATE THAT IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT MEANS!!! &&&\\\+++###***

I have a kind of strange question. I own a Macbook 5,1 (late 2008, alu), that has (i think) an alc885. I would like to know if using the methods depicted in the first post of this guide i could remap the line in / microphone jack to a secondary line out and thus output sound through it.

I know it is a strange question but it shoud be achievable i think (at least hardware-wise) i would just need some guidelines to start..

Thanks!

Looking for a guide for internal mic also.

Did you have success with the rest?

I mean Speakers, Headphones, External mic with the new AppleHDA?

EDIT:

Also anybody has auto-switch (speakers/headphones) on ALC888? some guys did on STAC 92xx.

So i have tried this without success. Hereis my method. I have a SHuttle SP35P2V2. It has the ALC888B chipset. My generated DSDT did not have a HDEF entry, it had a very short AZAL entry. So I replaced the AZAL entry with cpram's HDEF I renamed AZAL to HDEF so I no longer have the AZAL entry in my DSDT. I found another difference in our dstd_fixed.txt, he had an entry:

Notify (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF, 0x02)

under

Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized)

so I added that since I had no such entry under my Method (_L0D, 0, NotSerialized) in my dsdt.

then I compile: /iasl -ta dsdt_fixed.txt

and install using UInstaller.

I also installed cprams patched AppleHDA.kext and have my audio card EFI string enabled via the other thread at http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,104.0.html

here is my EFI string in my plist before it was converted to hex:

<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)</key>

<dict>

<key>PinConfigurations</key>

<string></string>

<key>built-in</key>

<string>0x00</string>

<key>layout-id</key>

<string>0x0000000c</string>

<key>revision-id</key>

<string>0x00000002</string>

<key>subsystem-id</key>

<string>0x00003116</string>

<key>subsystem-vendor-id</key>

<string>0x00001297</string>

<key>vendor-id</key>

<string>0x00008086</string>

</dict>

My IORegExploer output is attached, as is my dsdt_fixed.txt. Any help?

I can't get audio to work under 10.5.6 at all. tried my old 10.5.5 AppleHDA and HDAEnabler that were working fine under 10.5.5 but no luck with 10.5.6

I am seeing some strange errors at boot that it can't load AppleHDA. Please help!

post-63094-1229964736_thumb.png

plist.txt

dsdt_fixed.txt