Mac OS 10.5.5 Out!

MGJulius

27 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I just found out, through AMD Software Updater, that 10.5.5 is out; is it ok to install using the netkas method w/ another kernel or are we gonna have to wait for a update from kalyway or someone else?

Also anyone have specifics on what the update contains?

Thanks in advance

-MGJulius

EDIT: Share you experiences with installing this update on your OSX86 rig

Hi,

I just want to let everyone know that I updated to 10.5.5 on my Hackintosh. This update is safe for those who have virgin installations with Chameleon EFI installed. Others having patched kernels or AMD machined you will have to wait for an official release or a How-To from some of the brilliant folks in this forum !!

Meanwhile I am updating on my Macbook Pro and I don't see any problem. Lets see if there are any improvements in Xbench scores ! will post later !!

Edit: Sound disappeared from my Hackintosh !! looks like I will have to check my boot plist !!

~~newmacky

So, no need to do any dsmos.kext hack when you install in on an hackingtosh? I have kalyway with OS X 10.5.4 on an Intel Core2Duo (Asus P5L-VM motherboard) and a GeForce 8600GT video card. I have vanilla system file, will I be able to update without any problems?

My Intel based system did fine. AMD I will try later.

The AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext thing is back in this update, at least in the Combo Update. I just did at a ROOT (sudo -s) prompt:

while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

and that took care of it. Of course, back up any custom stuff you have, etc.

The AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext thing is back in this update, at least in the Combo Update. I just did at a ROOT (sudo -s) prompt:

while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

Thanks, I will try it with that script as soon as SuperDuper is done with restoring my main install.

my intel-based desktop has upgraded successfully by using the trick 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3.

(kill AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, steps has been post by MoonScryer above)

It seems 10.5.5 has also updated some ATI drivers~

If ur screen gets mess-up after reboot, kill all driver in single user mode then reinstall yours.~

Mine is ATI 3650 ~

A Kalyway-based 10.5.4 vanilla P5KC motherboard w/ nVidia... no problems after downloading the combo, doing the update using the well-known rm AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext script.

No need on my system to much around with dsmos or anything... it was not replaced.

My video card did go back to no QE/CI again, so I have to go fix that, but other than that, no problems.

>>It seems 10.5.5 has also updated some ATI drivers~

If ur screen gets mess-up after reboot, kill all driver in single user mode then reinstall yours.~

Mine is ATI 3650>>

Perhaps they 've added some drivers for the HD4870? Can someone please check this out? That would be great

Regards

Glatzi

Just tried 10.5.5 on my Inspiron Mini running iatkos 10.5.4 with chameleon bootloader and it had a kernel panic about a 3rd of the way into the update.

Restoring from time machine now :P

If I run this while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done before the update will this delete the kext which is causing the panic?

Just updated my iATKOS v4i, the update size was 321 MB via software update. Installed Chameleon EFI, ran the 9f23installer.pkg for the graphics, backed up using time machine and rebooted all seems ok! The system feels a little more responsive, and graphics are much better.

I read on a site that you can't use injectors in 10.5.5, you have to use EFI strings hence why it said to use the package 9f23 for graphics or something (Intel, nvidia, ati all supported). http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=56 here's the link for further info, not 100% sure so all info given here is "AS IS", no guarentees given :P If in doubt then wait till more people test and give feedback on this update! It's still early days! Also remember to back-up if you go ahead with using software update! (Also vanilla kernels only!)

10.5.5 Combo update went fine with my AtomHack (Intel D945GCLF)

Used netkas method (for 10.5.2)

Usual issues:

* graphics lost resolution adjustment

* won't sleep/restart/shutdown properly

* inappropriate processor/RAM speed in "About this MAC"

Restored the following to resolve the said issues:

- modified AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

- modified AppleSMBIOS.kext

- modified AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Atomhack_1055.png