HP & Compaq Laptop with x200 Southbridge Resource v.0.1a

limbohz

110 posts in this topic

Wen't fine following his instructions to the T. You may wan't to check and make sure you've reverted anychanges you may have made in the past with ATI drivers. I know that when I tried to fiddle around with accelertion after I installed the driver, I got problems like you describe.

Also, I have a dv8000z, probably not the most common x200 laptop.

post-33214-1147114461_thumb.jpg

Hey Glenn,

I'm thinking about putting OSX10.4.5 on my Amilo 1310G which is using the X200 as well.

Have you had success in enabling QE/CD?

regards,

fs

can anyone help me? i'm having trouble getting the ati chipset driver to stay loaded under 10.4.6. it worked fine under 10.4.5 but now with .6 it doesn't appear in the extensions list and i get waiting for root device after restarting a few times. any help would be great. thanks.

Hey Glenn,

I'm thinking about putting OSX10.4.5 on my Amilo 1310G which is using the X200 as well.

Have you had success in enabling QE/CD?

regards,

fs

No luck yet. I've tried just about every GA plugin. I either get total screen corruption or no QE/CI. The next step is to try the GA plugins before fidling with resolution.

I'd like to ask what xbench scores are you getting with your OSX setup? After using the tweaks found here I've managed to get a turion x200 system running natively but the processor speed is running very slow (single digit xbench proc and mem scores). OSX on my Inspiron 5100 is running much faster. Are any of you getting similar results or is there something i missed out on? fyi, i already loaded the ati ata fix.

I atempting to do this. I got lost on the ID part.

I am using VMware, I got the wifi and ethernet to work. Now I got to get this resoultion up and running!

I am fine with the slower speeds as oppose to native. This is just for fun...

Farewell fellas--

I just bought a macbook online, I'm selling my v2000 with x200 chipset on ebay. No more stretched 1024, no more missing sound, no more missing usb, and that sweet magnetic latch.... ah... good luck to y'all.

hi, i edited my devID (2220) but I don't think my system is the same as yours... Mine's not a Compaq/HP but it uses pretty much the same core hardware. The wireless adapter is a miniPCI from InProComm. People has told me in the past that it is a Ralink but I tried Ralink drivers and it doesn't work. In fact in the Ralink hardware table I don't see the id of my adapter (MP54G3). Ralink equips the MP54G2 and MP54G4 and so maybe people thought that G3 is also equiped by Ralinks.

Maybe I could get some help here?

Also, regarding the sound card. I've always assumed that my situation is the same as yours: we need support for ATI's SB400 to get the sound to work. But in the specs sheet of my laptop it states that I have a Realtek AC97 adapter. Is it the same as SB400?! I tried the AC97 kext and the sound doesn't work... I got a USB sound card but it would be good to have sound without filling one of my already scarced USB ports...

Ok...well i was trying to make this work (I did it all right!) with 10.4.1...but it doesn't work. Edit?: I wish it did so I wouldn't have to do anything else...

So now I decided to install 10.4.5 or whatever natively using an external hard drive...

God, you guys are good.

Successful install of 10.4.6 on on a Compaq V2665US. Actually had a harder time figuring out how to use VMWARE than the patches on this site. Boots XP Home, Ubuntu 5.10 64-bit and OS X with GRUB installed on the Ubuntu partition. Unfourtionatly my machine is so slow it's almost unusable. I scored like a ~0.7 on Xbench...... I think this may have to do with the fact that I used the GoatSecx install. I haven't seen anyone else on this thread use it or complain about a sluggish system. Anyway, thanks again everybody.

Finally,I got the 10.4.6(both Jas and HOT) work on my laptop,

boot natively!

Thank you guys all!

Now I'm striking on the alc655(SB400) sound,

still there is no way out.......

ps:sorry for my poor English,actually I'm from China^_^

Best wishes from China!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey limbohz,

Are u using the Omni's driver?

I cant seem to find the EDID hex values for my monitor, it's 14" Compaq presarios. I downloaded the Monitor Asset Manager, but it didnt say anything abt the monitor since windows is not using special driver for it.

The software just mentioned no hardware info or something like that. How can i fix this?

or is there any other driver that works?

thanks for ur help