iATKOS 10.5.4 DVD release

156 posts in this topic

v4i is running on my system .. but several APPS dont work .. openWengo for example simply wont start and crashes. Same with Diskorder ... :(

could someone test. On my Macbookpro with 10.5.4 it all those apps are runnig.

some idea ?

cheers

boert.

PS: i moved from kalyway 10.5.2 to iatkos because i had some serious Wifi problems ( time outs, and no wifi networks at all. i tried all but i couldnt fix that. ) so now i dont have wifi problems ;)

wow hehe

monolingual is not working nor disk order...

{censored} !

I'm almost finished 99%....and now bad news :)

I'm downloading it - three days ago.

Leave it and there's a lightning strike which stops the progress.

Let's check if I may seed too.

Cheerio

edit :

Confirmed successfully 100% downloaded.

Enlarging the pipe to seed members.

Enjoyicon1.gif

To anyone who couldn't boot up OSX after installation was finished:

- Disk operation must be AHCI before the installation begins. This is stated in uphuck's forum (uphuck is one of the creators of iAtkos). After installation, change it back to ATA.

- Name of Leopard's partition must not contain spaces and/or special characters. The shorter the better.

v4i is running on my system .. but several APPS dont work .. openWengo for example simply wont start and crashes. Same with Diskorder ... :D

could someone test. On my Macbookpro with 10.5.4 it all those apps are runnig.

some idea ?

cheers

boert.

PS: i moved from kalyway 10.5.2 to iatkos because i had some serious Wifi problems ( time outs, and no wifi networks at all. i tried all but i couldnt fix that. ) so now i dont have wifi problems :)

wow hehe

monolingual is not working nor disk order...

Updating your AppleSMBIOS.kext should fix these errors, say SMBIOS.27 patches from the disk will most likely stop these crashes.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=101902&hl

http://my.macdotnub.info/content/view/15/28/

I don't remember where I got mine, but it says it's version 28 and seems to work great. Fixed my problems with photo shop and other apps I use from crashing.

AppleSMBIOS_28.zip

Hi,

I have a Dell Precision M90 laptop. I have tried various installations in the past but never had much success. With iATKOS 4i i ALMOST have a working system. I have some strange issues that i hope someone can help me with.

Firstly i installed a simple system + SATA with no NVinject drivers. I have a NV Quadro FX 1500M card in the laptop so the system looked bad but worked on the default driver. I then did a reinstall with the same config plus the 256MB NVinject. It picks up my card and gives me a nice 1900x1200 res. Problem is now when i move the mouse it lags behind and then will disappear randomly for maybe 10-20 seconds and then come back for a few seconds and then if i move it will disappear again. I am not sure if this is directly related to the NVinject driver or if i am missing something else but this makes the install unusable. Same happens for my USB mouse or the trackpad. Are there any log files that someone could suggest me looking at to see what is causing this conflict and give me a hint on how to fix it or has anyone else seen this behavious. I tried searching the forums but didnt see anything. I am fairly new to this.

Cheers.

I just installed iatkos v4 using GUID and included the stock files (Kernel 9.4). I did not include the Intel SpeedStep, because I read it has kernel 9.2 in itself and I am only supposed to choose one kernel.

I wish to use speedstep, the processor is making lot of noise when on leopard. I wish to know if I choose SpeedStep and give away the Kernel 9.4 will I still be able to do an apple update (i am able to do now), and what other consequences I should expect?

I downloaded and installed the iAtkos 10.5.4 version. Everything was fine.

When PC restarts (after the instalation) it doesn't load the system and stay stopped in Darwin boot screen.

Any suggestions?

My hardware is:

GA EP35-DSP Rev 2.1

Core2Quad Q6600

RAM 4GB 1066MHz G-Skill

HD SATA2 WD Caviar 80GB

VGA XFX 8800GT

Thanks!

Bruno

Finally, a release that boots nicely on my system combination! :)

Using ToH kernel. Will try later using stock kernel, which should allow me to update whenever needed.

Only had to set the HDD to compatible-mode and no more "waiting for root device" after install.

I downloaded and installed the iAtkos 10.5.4 version. Everything was fine.

When PC restarts (after the instalation) it doesn't load the system and stay stopped in Darwin boot screen.

Any suggestions?

My hardware is:

GA EP35-DSP Rev 2.1

Core2Quad Q6600

RAM 4GB 1066MHz G-Skill

HD SATA2 WD Caviar 80GB

VGA XFX 8800GT

Thanks!

Bruno

You did take the disk out when you restarted?

Also, you might need to make the partition active, to do so follow this list :

Setting Your Partition "Active" Using Fdisk

Words in bold below are things you must type (followed by Enter).

1. Boot your Mac OS X install dvd

2. Once the installer is running, go to the Utilities menu and open Terminal (You can also do the same by typing -s in the options at boot)

3. Determine which disk your MacOSX partition is on

Type
diskutil list

Verify which disk number holds your partition (disk
, disk
, etc.)

4. Start using Fdisk

Assuming the MacOSX disk is the first disk ("disk0"), then

type
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
<== use "rdisk" with your disk number here !!

Ignore the error "fdisk: could not open MBR file ..."

5. Determine which partition for MacOSX needs to be set "Active"

Type
p

Verify which partition is for MacOSX (1, 2, 3, etc.)

6. Set the partition "Active"

Assuming it is partition 1, then

type
f 1
<== use your partition number here !!

7. Save and exit

Type
write

Type
y
(yes you are sure)

Type
exit
(to quit)

8. Remove the install DVD and reboot

Unfortunately, This version ( I tried stock kernel ) is only support 32Bit.

One more question, as i metioned above i am using stock kernel with this version. sorry for the sily question, but the issue is i can not update online. i don't know what is GUID means, i just formated ( normal format harddisk )harddriver , then chose necessary options and stock kernel , then ...finished installation. And , i heard that if using stock kernel ( by the way, stock kernel means Vanilla kernel ,RIGHT ?? ) can update online...so i did...but ....DID NOT WORK for me, after restart , " four languages " error window appeared......

Please, help!

Installed perfectly on my system and worked everything out-of-the-box. It even detected my Windows Partition and added it to Darwin Bootloader!

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: GIGABYTE 945GCM-S2C

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2772

Revision ID: 0x0002

Displays:

Display Connector:

W1952:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

I've got iATKOS V4i, it's working excellently on my system:

MB : GA P35T DS4

CPU: C2Q Xeon 3210 @ 2,66Ghz cache L2 8mb

Memory: dual 2gb DDR3 1333mhz

HDD: 60gb IDE only for MAC

VGA: inno 3D 8600GT 512mb

Sound: ALC889a

NIC: RTL8168/8111

but there're somethings wrong, when i check the hardware, bus of memory only 400 Mhz and L2 cache of CPU 4mb.

I try many kext to fix them but i can't. How can i fix them ? It's the iATKOS not support DDR3 and Quadcore CPU ?

Thanks all.

Hi All,

This is to confirm that this release works perfectly on my laptop, I have Compaq Presario v6336, everything works perfectly hardware and software except wireless 3945 drivers doesn't work for this card and so far there is no solution for it except replacing the card. All software works perfectly after update iWork, iLife.

This is the configuration I get:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel® Core Duo CPU T2350 @

Processor Speed: 1.86 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON EST TM2 TPR PDCM

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 2.13 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MB21.88Z.00A5.B07.0707251237 (Hewlett-Packard)

Serial Number: **********

L2 Cache: 2 MB

The red line looks strange, I don't think there is any computer yet with that bus speed.

The rest of the configuration can be seen in my Signature.

Cheers

Hi. I am kinda new to this. I am wondering what i should select during the installation (the drivers, stock files, patches etc.)

iatkos-large.jpg

WHAT DO I SELECT?????????

My computer specs:

Acer Aspire M5640

Intel ® ore 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz

2.00GB RAM

32-bit OS

NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GS (1264MB)

Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio

---------------------------------------------------

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will be eternally grateful for any replies. Thanks in advance. :D

well vectorcell,your shot is not the newest release Leopard 10.5.4 v4i for intel sse3 only.and soon v4i R2 and V4a for amd will be released.

tried v4i,works fine on my laptop

Mobile core 2 duo T7700 (with SSE3),intel gl960 chipset;

changed my partition type to GUID GPT scheme,and do a osx/vista 64bit/ubuntu 64bit tri-boot.

custom:

Main Systems,darwinbootloader with pc_efi v8;

stock files(acpi,940 vanilla kernel);

other kernels works too,if you don't choose any kernel option,you will get a modbin 9.4.0 kernel;

ToH 9.2.0 kernel wroks fine(seems uphuck forgot the system.kext with this one,so USB has hot-plug issue);

Speedstep kernel as well,problem is no sleep.

I found a application named CoolbookController,so I can install the stock 9.4.0 vanilla kernel with sleep work properly and also get the Speedstep from the application.

I have tried and it didn't work on my GA-p35-DS3G board.

Problem is JMicro -- it gets stuck waiting for the root device (so the partition-name active/boot flag etc. is all ok)

I changed Bios to ATA from AHCI after install .. there is no difference.

I saw a patch here for the Jmicro problem, the patch is about 2 weeks old, I am not sure it can be applied to the DVD released a few days ago.

If anyone has suggestions on fixing the Jmicro problem .. I will appreciate it.

Also the during the install the "options" tab is grayed out, means I don't really know what's included in the install .. from the writeup elsewhere it appeared that EFI was an option .. but i really don't know.

Is there a way to "enable" the option button?