AppleACPIBatteryManager for Tiger and Leopard

418 posts in this topic

I got the battery manager working but I cannot see the battery meter. I see that the battery works because I see it working in System Profile.

Hi poopmonkey,

If you see the battery information in System Profile but not the battery meter, you probably don't use the original PowerManagement on your system. Double check your PowerManagement.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

Attached here is my ioreg_sp.txt with the power icon indicating "Power Source: Battery" when there is no battery installed. I use your beta 13 with Kalyway 10.5.2.

Thank you. :)

kizwan

Hi kizwan,

I have checked your ioreg_sp.txt. "BatteryInstalled" showed "No", which is correct. It may have something to do with PowerManagement. Maybe you can check the PowerManagement you are using.

In addition, I saw you set your profile to "Custom". Maybe you can change to other profiles to see if it will make any difference.

Chun-Nan

Hi collit99,

Which sound card do you have? Are you using AppleHDA for ALC268 or others?

Chun-Nan

Yup AppleHDA for ALC268, I do have shutdown problem but using this it was solved. Then using your kext it won't shutdown when it's on battery.

By the way all is good when the power brick is plugin.

Thanks!

Hi Chun-nan I have installed the original PowerManagement bundle and I do not see the battery meter.

Hi poopmonkey,

If possible, can you post your ioreg_sp.txt (About this Mac->More Info->Software->logs->ioreg-sp.txt) and the file size of SPPowerReporter (/System/Library/SystemProfiler/SPPowerReporter.spreporter/Contents/MacOS/SPPowerReporter)? Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun Nan I just installed iatkos 10.5.4 but now when I shut down with battery I get

The famous screen you need to restart computer.....

Works fine while plugged in

I installed b11 version plus apple powermanagement for 10.5.4

Hi Chun Nan I just installed iatkos 10.5.4 but now when I shut down with battery I get

The famous screen you need to restart computer.....

Works fine while plugged in

I installed b11 version plus apple powermanagement for 10.5.4

I have exactly same problem that Robi62 (Post #280).

All versions of AppleACPIBatteryManager tested with 10.5.2 & kernel original.

Acer Aspire 4320.

Hi robi62 and quinielascom,

I need to find out what messages it showed behind "you need to restart computer". Can you boot into OSX with "-v" and then shutdown the notebook without AC power connected? If possibe, post the photo of kernel panic if it doesn't just show "you need to restart computer" screen but other messages. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun -nan been playing about but no joy if I remove appleacpibattery kext then shutdown on battery is perfect and very quick

I do not know why is this on my previous install which was kaly 10.5.2 update 10.5.3 update 10.5.4 this never happend I

had a problem when disconnecting ac adapter would make desktop screen shake for about 1 minute plus when shutdown sometime power light would stay on.I much prefer this iatkos install :angel:

Hi Chun -nan been playing about but no joy if I remove appleacpibattery kext then shutdown on battery is perfect and very quick

I do not know why is this on my previous install which was kaly 10.5.2 update 10.5.3 update 10.5.4 this never happend I

had a problem when disconnecting ac adapter would make desktop screen shake for about 1 minute plus when shutdown sometime power light would stay on.I much prefer this iatkos install :angel:

Hi robi62,

Have you tried to remove AppleHDA to see if shutdown works with AppleACPIBatteryManager? Have you tried other versions of AppleHDA which works for your audio device to see if shutdown works?

I don't know what caused this kernel panic to happen (or the confilct between AppleACPIBatteryManger and AppleHDA.) It won't be easy for me to find out since I don't have the source code of AppleHDA. (In addition, I don't know how AppleHDA was patched, either).

I will try to see if I can do anything on AppleACPIBatteryManager. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Chun-nan i couldn't get your AppleACPIBatteryManager to work i tried the orignial tread and it didn't work and i tried slices nither did it and i tried your and nither will it

Hi nickhe,

Are you using the original PowerManagement? If possible, can you post your ioreg_sp.txt (About this Mac->More Info->Software->logs->ioreg-sp.txt)? Thanks.

Chun-Nan

hereioreg.rtf i copied the stuff on the text

I noticed something in bluetooth it says that my Lappy is a Desktop

Btw Thanks for the help

Hi nickhe,

According to your ioreg, you have 2 battery bays in your notebook. AppleACPIBatteryManager was loaded. However, it didn't create any AppleACPIBatteryDevice classes because it didn't detect any batteries (based on _STA value.) Make sure you have at least one battery in the battery bay.

CHun-Nan

it only has one battery a 8 cell lithium Ion but i plugged in the charger gona unplugg it and restart

it Didn't work i tried 2 diffrent batterys i tried with only the charger and then plugg in nothing worked

it only has one battery a 8 cell lithium Ion but i plugged in the charger gona unplugg it and restart

it Didn't work i tried 2 diffrent batterys i tried with only the charger and then plugg in nothing worked

Hi nickhe,

If possible, can you post the ioreg with at least one battery in the battery bay again. Thanks.

CHun-Nan

Hi robi62,

Have you tried to remove AppleHDA to see if shutdown works with AppleACPIBatteryManager? Have you tried other versions of AppleHDA which works for your audio device to see if shutdown works?

I don't know what caused this kernel panic to happen (or the confilct between AppleACPIBatteryManger and AppleHDA.) It won't be easy for me to find out since I don't have the source code of AppleHDA. (In addition, I don't know how AppleHDA was patched, either).

I will try to see if I can do anything on AppleACPIBatteryManager. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi i tried hda from previous install which I saved in time machine no joy I used tarugas 1.20 patcher plus 9200 sigmatel text I tried with different versions of hda no luck i am going to try with hda without patch and Ill let you know......

i am sorry for disturbing you all, but i am new on MAC and when i extract the contents of the zip files i got the following items and i do not know how to install them

Have a look a this post it tells you what to do

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=811722

@Chun nan If I use hda non patched it works on shutdown It also works if i delete appleacpibattery kext.......