AppleACPIBatteryManager for Tiger and Leopard

418 posts in this topic

Hi Chun-Nan,

Tried new AppleACPIBatteryManager with original powermanagement(10.5.4).but.....nothing's change..

Here's the new "ioreg_sp.txt" you wanted.

ioreg_sp.txt___battery_info._for_Chun_Nan.zip

Thanx.

emuzaman.

Hi emuzaman,

According to the ioreg_sp.txt, the battery informaiton seemed ok.

Are you still getting cross on your battery indicator? When you open the [Engery Saver] on [system Preferences], are there any options for the battery? If you shut down the computer with AC power plugged in, does KP also occur?

Chun-Nan

Hi emuzaman,

According to the ioreg_sp.txt, the battery informaiton seemed ok.

Are you still getting cross on your battery indicator? When you open the [Engery Saver] on [system Preferences], are there any options for the battery? If you shut down the computer with AC power plugged in, does KP also occur?

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

When i boot(with or without ac connected) get cross on my battery indicator for a little while, then ok.

At Energy Saver, there are options--see pix

post-118043-1218622101_thumb.jpg

post-118043-1218622125_thumb.jpg

No KP occur during shut down when the ac power connected, but occur when on battery!

that's my only prob.

nothing more.

Thanks.

emuzaman

Hi Chun-Nan,

When i boot(with or without ac connected) get cross on my battery indicator for a little while, then ok.

At Energy Saver, there are options--see pix

No KP occur during shut down when the ac power connected, but occur when on battery!

that's my only prob.

nothing more.

Thanks.

emuzaman

Hi emuzaman,

I am not sure what caused the KP when you shut down the computer without AC cord yet. Before I find the solution to that, you probably have to put the AC cord back while shuuting down the computer. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Chun-Nan your new b12 only shows calculating but not time after that. heres the pic and ioreg_sp

ioreg_sp.txt

EDIT : Ok just noticed that it showed the time but after a long time and it shows the time renaming wrong!

Hi homer007,

The program will re-read the battery status every 30 seconds by default. Therefore, you will see "Caculating" for 30 seconds everytime you plug in or pull out the AC cord. (That is how it behaves on my Macbook.)

About the remaining time, if the battery is charging, it will show how long it will take to finish charing. If the battery is discharging, it will show how long it will become fully discharged.

I found something odd when I checked your ioreg_sp.

"Battery Status" = (1,2892,2642,1)

It showed the Voltage of battery is only 1.

Chun-Nan

my sister has got a macbook as well its fairly quicker than that, now it shows calculating for a long time and its still charging but the percentage it correct and it seems odd to me.

Hi homer007,

Can you measure how long "calculating" takes in your notebook?

Chun-Nan

well i have been measuring it for about 5 mins now have a look at my power option in system profiler does this seem odd to you in any way.

Hi homer007,

Thanks for the photo. Yes, it seems odd to me. The Amperage is too high (65396) and the Voltage (2) is too low. (Those values are directly read from ACPI table and have something to do with BIOS)

It shouldn't take 5 mins for "caculating". If possible, you post the ioreg_sp here again. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

EDIT:

Try this AppleACPIBatteryManager to see if it fixes the long "remaining" issue. Let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

AppleACPIBatteryManager.homer007.zip

Hi emuzaman,

I am not sure what caused the KP when you shut down the computer without AC cord yet. Before I find the solution to that, you probably have to put the AC cord back while shuuting down the computer. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

Thank you very very much for your endless effort for us. Well, you know, putting the AC cord back while shutting down the computer is so painful and disturbing. I hope you'll find a solution for that KP prob. I really hope so...

Best Regards.

emuzaman.

Hi homer007,

Thanks for the photo. Yes, it seems odd to me. The Amperage is too high (65396) and the Voltage (2) is too low. (Those values are directly read from ACPI table and have something to do with BIOS)

It shouldn't take 5 mins for "caculating". If possible, you post the ioreg_sp here again. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

EDIT:

Try this AppleACPIBatteryManager to see if it fixes the long "remaining" issue. Let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

thanks for the file it seems ok now calculating is much faster and accurate now!, but now the amperage is in negative, have a look at my system profiler and ioreg_sp

post-12346-1218744444_thumb.png

ioreg_sp.txt

Hi Chun-Nan,

Thank you very very much for your endless effort for us. Well, you know, putting the AC cord back while shutting down the computer is so painful and disturbing. I hope you'll find a solution for that KP prob. I really hope so...

Best Regards.

emuzaman.

Hi emuzaman,

Try this AppleACPIBatteryManager to see if it fixes the "KP" issue. Let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

AppleACPIBatteryManager.emuzaman.zip

thanks for the file it seems ok now calculating is much faster and accurate now!, but now the amperage is in negative, have a look at my system profiler and ioreg_sp

ioreg_sp.txt

Hi homer007,

When the battery is charging, the Amperage will show the positive value. When the battery is discharging, the Amperage will show the negative value.

BTW, your Voltage is still showing too low value. I will suggest you to check the battery or BIOS. If you are using other OS system by chance, you can check if the Voltage also shows low value there.

Chun-Nan

Hi emuzaman,

Try this AppleACPIBatteryManager to see if it fixes the "KP" issue. Let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

AppleACPIBatteryManager.emuzaman.zip

Hi Chun-Nan,

The new AppleACPIBatteryManager didn't fix the KP issue. Still the same picture here. Thanks a lot again for your endless effort & help(to all, who are having trouble with battery meter). Wish you will figure out the solution near future. Thanks again.

emuzaman.

Hi Chun-Nan,

The new AppleACPIBatteryManager didn't fix the KP issue. Still the same picture here. Thanks a lot again for your endless effort & help(to all, who are having trouble with battery meter). Wish you will figure out the solution near future. Thanks again.

emuzaman.

Hi Chun-Nan,

A couple of new things happening here...when booted with AC power the display seems brighter(that's normal) but the same time when unplug from AC(i mean on battery power) the display does not use the slightly dim feature, shows still bighter.And when i boot on battery power(without AC power) display uses the "sightly dim" feature- that's normal.

One more thing, on battery power the estimated time that shows(mine-2.50hrs), actually does not mach. That finishes too fast & i saw a huge CPU usage,where nothing's running out there.Normally in "Windows Vitsa" i got near 'bout 2.30hrs of back up time.

I think these info. will help you to figure out actually what's happening?

Regards.

emuzaman.

Will this work on Sony Vaios so we don't need to have the power cable plugged in to turn it on?

Hi JesseTron,

You can give it a try.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

A couple of new things happening here...when booted with AC power the display seems brighter(that's normal) but the same time when unplug from AC(i mean on battery power) the display does not use the slightly dim feature, shows still bighter.And when i boot on battery power(without AC power) display uses the "sightly dim" feature- that's normal.

One more thing, on battery power the estimated time that shows(mine-2.50hrs), actually does not mach. That finishes too fast & i saw a huge CPU usage,where nothing's running out there.Normally in "Windows Vitsa" i got near 'bout 2.30hrs of back up time.

I think these info. will help you to figure out actually what's happening?

Regards.

emuzaman.

Hi emuzaman,

If possible, can you save "System.log" a file and post it here after you get KP? ("About this Mac->More Info->Software->logs->System.log")

Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi emuzaman,

If possible, can you save "System.log" a file and post it here after you get KP? ("About this Mac->More Info->Software->logs->System.log")

Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

Here's the log you wanted....

emu_zamans_Mac_Book_Pro.rtf

[update:

New thing happened, after KP i had to force shutdown the computer long pressing the power button and when booted again (without Ac) the comp. wont boot(that's new). It stack with a black screen(didn't see that before).Then had to restart with long pressing pwr button.Second time that successfully booted.]

Thanks a lot.

emuzaman

Hi Chun-Nan,

Here's the log you wanted....

emu_zamans_Mac_Book_Pro.rtf

[update:

New thing happened, after KP i had to force shutdown the computer long pressing the power button and when booted again (without Ac) the comp. wont boot(that's new). It stack with a black screen(didn't see that before).Then had to restart with long pressing pwr button.Second time that successfully booted.]

Thanks a lot.

emuzaman

Hi emuzaman,

Thanks for the file. I have checked it but couldn't find anything that may cause KP while shutting down without AC power.

I have done some search on the forum and I found something interesting related to shutdown. Maybe you can check it out:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=96434

Chun-Nan

Hi emuzaman,

Thanks for the file. I have checked it but couldn't find anything that may cause KP while shutting down without AC power.

I have done some search on the forum and I found something interesting related to shutdown. Maybe you can check it out:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=96434

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan,

Thanks for the link. The method works near 80 percent :)

But a new problem has been arise here, computer seems to be shutdown without KP :D but not actually shutdown properly :D (all lights including the power light are on,display goes black then i had to long press the power button to shut the computer down.)

i guess we are very close to the sloution. What you think?

Thanks.

emuzaman.

Thanks to a guy on irc that helped me.

I didn't really understand the instructions here but he cleared it up for me..

Download both Original PowerManagement and latest AppleACPIBatteryManager from your thread.

extracted both downloads.. opened terminal , cd Downloads, cd AppleACPI(folder), cd build, cd Release,

sudo -s

mv .kext to /Sys/Lib/Exts

chmod -R 755 /Sys/Lib/Ext

chown -R root:wheel /Sys/Lib/Ext

rm -rf /Sys/Lib/Ext.mkext

rebooted, didn't see meter, so i installed original powermanagement here

Leo4allv4 10.5.2 installation > upgraded with Apple 1054 Combo update running vanilla

open terminal, sudo -s, rm -rf /Sys/Lib/SysConfg/PowerMang

mv the PowerManagement to Desktop

cd ~/Desktop, mv PowerMang /Sys/Lib/SysConfg

rebooted.. and it worked

Hi Mac the bob,

According to your ioreg_sp.txt, you have 2 battery bays on your computer. However, one is loaded by AppleACPIBatteryManager while the other is loaded by AppleACPIPowerSource.

Try to remove the AppleACPIPowerSource to see if it will make any difference. Let me know the result. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Hi Chun-Nan

No luck I'm afraid. Here's my new log if it helps any?

Mac the Bob

ioreg_sp.rtf

Hi Chun-Nan

No luck I'm afraid. Here's my new log if it helps any?

Mac the Bob

Hi Mac the bob,

According to your ioreg_sp.txt, you still have AppleACPIPowerSource installed on your system. Check the "Plugins" Folder inside your "AppleACPIPlatform" and make sure you don't have ApplACPIPowerSource installed.

Chun-Nan