AppleACPIBatteryManager for Tiger and Leopard

418 posts in this topic

Thank you so much!!!!It works fine on mine HP Pavilion dv 2000 with Leo 10.5.5.biggrin.gif

Thank You Mater Chun Nan!!!!

Works perfectly on hp dv6114tx and 10.5.5.....i used b15 version :

Model Information:

Serial Number: Hewlett-Packard-Primary-LION-

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Device name: Primary

Pack Lot Code: 0000

PCB Lot Code: 0000

Firmware Version: 0000

Hardware Revision: 0000

Cell Revision: 0000

Charge Information:

Charge remaining (mAh): 1600

Fully charged: No

Charging: Yes

Full charge capacity (mAh): 1728

Health Information:

Cycle count: 610

Condition: Good

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 4095

Voltage (mV): 11020

Chun Nan ,do I have to remove the Powersourcekext inside AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Is the powersource kext used by smart battery manager in any way ?Does it interfere ?

and when do you plan to release the final version ?

One more thing,i maybe wrong but the LION- appears to be a minir parsing error,shouldnt it be LI-ON ?

Thanks alot!!!Keep up the great work.....

Chun-Nan,

This worked great for me! I used Powermanagement-10.5.4 version and the b15 version on my 10.5.5 installation and I got a battery meter now.

Question: Is this compatible with the Powermanagement-10.5.5? Is there such a thing (if so where can I get it)? OR is there no difference in the 2 versions that it's not even worth getting?

I tried this on my Acer TravelMate 4222WLMi and I could not get it to work properly. The Battery Icon appeared on the top bar, but when I hovered over it all it says is No Batteries Available. Also in the System Profiler, under Power it does not list the battery.

Any Ideas as to what I did wrong? I ensured that the PowerMangement.Bundle was vanilla and not modified.

thanks

Chun-Nan,

This worked great for me! I used Powermanagement-10.5.4 version and the b15 version on my 10.5.5 installation and I got a battery meter now.

Question: Is this compatible with the Powermanagement-10.5.5? Is there such a thing (if so where can I get it)? OR is there no difference in the 2 versions that it's not even worth getting?

Hi link01,

This works with 10.5.5 PoweManagementBundle.See my post above for the details.

I have dv6114tx HP laptop:

Intel Core Duo T2050 @1.6GHz.

945M,ICH7,DDR2 1ghz 533MHz.

It should work for you too.....i tried b15 on 10.5.5

Hi link01,

This works with 10.5.5 PoweManagementBundle.See my post above for the details.

I have dv6114tx HP laptop:

Intel Core Duo T2050 @1.6GHz.

945M,ICH7,DDR2 1ghz 533MHz.

It should work for you too.....i tried b15 on 10.5.5

That's good to know. I feel better hearing confirmation.

My next question is how reliable is the battery meter? Do I trust what it's telling me? I say that cause on full charge the battery meter says a little over 2 hours. On the windows side I get 3 hours at least. Has anyone has this experience?

That's good to know. I feel better hearing confirmation.

My next question is how reliable is the battery meter? Do I trust what it's telling me? I say that cause on full charge the battery meter says a little over 2 hours. On the windows side I get 3 hours at least. Has anyone has this experience?

Hi,

I havn't tried that but it maybe because:

1. as of now you do not have speedstepping for power saving on hackintosh but Windows has better powermanagement(as of now).Did you try Mercurysquad's IntelSpeedsteepkext for the same.

2. Windows and osx use different parameters for calculating the remaing battery.

You could also confirm it using Linux Live CD.Ubuntu is highly reliable and has great support too.If I am right the latest one version 8.10 is out.

Hi,

I havn't tried that but it maybe because:

1. as of now you do not have speedstepping for power saving on hackintosh but Windows has better powermanagement(as of now).Did you try Mercurysquad's IntelSpeedsteepkext for the same.

2. Windows and osx use different parameters for calculating the remaing battery.

You could also confirm it using Linux Live CD.Ubuntu is highly reliable and has great support too.If I am right the latest one version 8.10 is out.

That's a good idea on the Ubuntu. I made a bootable pen drive version a while back. I just have to find it :)

Could you explain or link me to "Mercurysquad's IntelSpeedsteepkext"? I tried doing a search for it, but I didn't turn up anything worth noting. Currently I'm using I think a mod'ed vanilla kernel that enables dual core (I think...at this point I have no idea) My topic post here describes what I did to this point: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=135049

That's a good idea on the Ubuntu. I made a bootable pen drive version a while back. I just have to find it :rolleyes:

Could you explain or link me to "Mercurysquad's IntelSpeedsteepkext"? I tried doing a search for it, but I didn't turn up anything worth noting. Currently I'm using I think a mod'ed vanilla kernel that enables dual core (I think...at this point I have no idea) My topic post here describes what I did to this point: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=135049

Hi link01,

Here is the link to IntelEnhancedSpeedStep by mercurysquad:

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-speedstep/

Earlier there was a topic on insanely also but it is closed coz it got too lenghty to track...

here is the old link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9370&st=280

I tried it recently works like charm.

Hi !

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Serial Number: Panasonic-DELL NR2227-LION-1218

Manufacturer: Panasonic

Device name: DELL NR2227

Charge Information:

Charge remaining (mAh): 6830

Fully charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full charge capacity (mAh): 6830

Health Information:

Cycle count: 117

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 12604

System Power Settings:

AC Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 0

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 21

Automatic Restart On Power Loss: No

Wake On Clamshell Open: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Hardware Configuration:

UPS Installed: No

AC Charger Information:

Connected: Yes

Charging: No

I'm on iATKOS 10.5.5, But I don't have the battery meter in the menu bar :rolleyes:

Hi link01,

Here is the link to IntelEnhancedSpeedStep by mercurysquad:

http://code.google.com/p/xnu-speedstep/

Earlier there was a topic on insanely also but it is closed coz it got too lenghty to track...

here is the old link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9370&st=280

I tried it recently works like charm.

Thank you, aliasa_anderson.

I downloaded it and installed it. I did the test on the wiki and can see I have option to switch frequency. However, I'm a little confused. What does this kext actually do? I see the latest version does "automatic auto-throttling" so I wouldn't be able to even see this. How do you know it's actually working? My sleep still doesn't work even with this (though I don't know if this was supposed to fix that).

Thank you, aliasa_anderson.

I downloaded it and installed it. I did the test on the wiki and can see I have option to switch frequency. However, I'm a little confused. What does this kext actually do? I see the latest version does "automatic auto-throttling" so I wouldn't be able to even see this. How do you know it's actually working? My sleep still doesn't work even with this (though I don't know if this was supposed to fix that).

Hi Link01:

using

sysctl kern.cputhrottle_curfreq

will tell you what your current CPU frequency is.Try this after startup,then start a number applications say itunes,safari,diskutility and run verify per. etc and run this in terminal,you will find the frequency changing dynamically.

Also, running

sysctl kern.cputhrottle_freqs

will tell you frequencies spported by your CPU.

for me it returned

kern.cputhrottle_freqs: 800 1067 1333 1600

that is i have 800MHz,1067MHz,1333MHz and 1600MHz depending upon load.

To get more details in syslog

change the value of the key DebugMessages in Info.plist for this kext to true.The default is :

<key>DebugMessages</key>

<false/>

The basic aim of this kext is to save power by dynamically varying the CPU voltage and frequency as per the load.The fans also respond accordingly.Vaguely you can say it can replace AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

as far as sleep is concerned,which sleep state do you intend to go S0 or still deeper sleep states.

I use vanilla kernel and sometimes Mercurysquad's voodoo kernel with hibernate mode as 0 and it works fine also that way i removed sleepimage from /var/vm and saved 1GB of disk space as i have 1GB RAM.

Hope you find it useful.

The basic aim of this kext is to save power by dynamically varying the CPU voltage and frequency as per the load.The fans also respond accordingly.Vaguely you can say it can replace AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

as far as sleep is concerned,which sleep state do you intend to go S0 or still deeper sleep states.

I use vanilla kernel and sometimes Mercurysquad's voodoo kernel with hibernate mode as 0 and it works fine also that way i removed sleepimage from /var/vm and saved 1GB of disk space as i have 1GB RAM.

Wow. This is impressive. I only have 2 frequencies on my CPU, 800 and 1200. It took opening 10 apps and a Verify on the Disk Image to see the indicator go from 800 to 1200, but I see it works now. Thanks for showing me this kext.

As for sleep, I did not know there are different sleep states. I should be more precise. I believe the machine can sleep. Activating sleep from the menu shuts down everything and the power LED on the laptop slowly blinks. The problem is waking it back up. It won't activate back. I'm interested to know your opinion.

Wow. This is impressive. I only have 2 frequencies on my CPU, 800 and 1200. It took opening 10 apps and a Verify on the Disk Image to see the indicator go from 800 to 1200, but I see it works now. Thanks for showing me this kext.

As for sleep, I did not know there are different sleep states. I should be more precise. I believe the machine can sleep. Activating sleep from the menu shuts down everything and the power LED on the laptop slowly blinks. The problem is waking it back up. It won't activate back. I'm interested to know your opinion.

Try :

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

now,

use pmset -g

this will confirm if the hibernate mode is set to zero.

now try to sleep the pc and then try to wake up..like by slightly pressing the power button in laptops.

You said that you had to open about 10 applications to see transition of CPU frequencies....actually you can make it more sensitive.Just by editing the Info.plist file for this kext.

Hope it helps. :(

Try :

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

now,

use pmset -g

this will confirm if the hibernate mode is set to zero.

now try to sleep the pc and then try to wake up..like by slightly pressing the power button in laptops.

I was really hoping that would work. It didn't wake up. As you can see from the terminal output, my hibernatemode is now 0. What does that 0 indicate anyway?

$ pmset -g

Active Profiles:

Battery Power -1

AC Power -1*

Currently in use:

sleep 0

displaysleep 15

autorestart 0

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

hibernatemode 0

halfdim 1

lidwake 1

ttyskeepawake 1

disksleep 10

I really hate to ask this but how would i install this?

I used to use OSX86 alot when I had my laptop but then sold it and only used my Gaming rig with windows and Mac at school.

so would i install this in the extension folder?

or some were else?

1. Unzip the attachment.

2. Goto -->Build-->Release.

3. Now copy the kext to /System/Library/Extensions

4. Repair permission a) By using chown -R root:wheel <name of kext> and chmod -R 755 <name of kext> OR :gun: By using diskutily OR c) Executing diskutil repairPermissions /

5. delete Extensions/mkext.

6. kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

I was really hoping that would work. It didn't wake up. As you can see from the terminal output, my hibernatemode is now 0. What does that 0 indicate anyway?

$ pmset -g

Active Profiles:

Battery Power -1

AC Power -1*

Currently in use:

sleep 0

displaysleep 15

autorestart 0

hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage

hibernatemode 0

halfdim 1

lidwake 1

ttyskeepawake 1

disksleep 10

Hi link01,

Which kernel do you use ? the earlier toh kernel could either speedstep or sleep but not both.

I am not sure if this will help but did you try the latest voodoo xnu kernel by Mercurysquad ?

And regarding hibernate modes:

0 - Old style sleep mode, with RAM powered on while sleeping, safe sleep disabled, and super-fast wake.

1 - Hibernation mode, with RAM contents written to disk, system totally shut down while “sleeping,” and slower wake up, due to reading the contents of RAM off the hard drive.

3 - The default mode on machines introduced since about fall 2005. RAM is powered on while sleeping, but RAM contents are also written to disk before sleeping. In the event of total power loss, the system enters hibernation mode automatically.

5 - This is the same as mode 1, but it’s for those using secure virtual memory (in System Preferences -> Security).

7 - This is the same as mode 3, but it’s for those using secure virtual memory.

Hope you find it useful. :gun:

1. Unzip the attachment.

2. Goto -->Build-->Release.

3. Now copy the kext to /System/Library/Extensions

4. Repair permission a) By using chown -R root:wheel <name of kext> and chmod -R 755 <name of kext> OR :gun: By using diskutily OR c) Executing diskutil repairPermissions /

5. delete Extensions/mkext.

6. kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

haa ok so it is like installing any other ktext got it thank you aliasa

Hi link01,

Which kernel do you use ? the earlier toh kernel could either speedstep or sleep but not both.

I am not sure if this will help but did you try the latest voodoo xnu kernel by Mercurysquad ?

And regarding hibernate modes:

0 - Old style sleep mode, with RAM powered on while sleeping, safe sleep disabled, and super-fast wake.

1 - Hibernation mode, with RAM contents written to disk, system totally shut down while "sleeping," and slower wake up, due to reading the contents of RAM off the hard drive.

3 - The default mode on machines introduced since about fall 2005. RAM is powered on while sleeping, but RAM contents are also written to disk before sleeping. In the event of total power loss, the system enters hibernation mode automatically.

5 - This is the same as mode 1, but it's for those using secure virtual memory (in System Preferences -> Security).

7 - This is the same as mode 3, but it's for those using secure virtual memory.

Hope you find it useful. :thumbsdown_anim:

Hi Aliasa,

I don't really know what Kernel I'm using right now. I can confirm that my most recent update is using a patched Kernel for Dual-Core Shuttering from (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=97966).

I don't know exactly what kernel that fix patched. I assume it's using the vanilla kernel using the TSC sync XNU patch (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117558). I'm kinda scared to use a different kernel to test. I've had bad resutls from switching back and forth. I haven't found a good guide on experimenting with kernels. Maybe it's better if you can PM me with the info at this point. I think we're straying off topic :thumbsdown_anim:

I installed iDeNeb 10.5.5 on my HP. Battery meter was there, but the time selection wasn't working. So I installed the latest AppleACPIBatteryManager, rebooted didnt show meter anymore, installed the original PowerManagementBundle from here, and still not working. But i see all the info about this mac ..

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Serial Number: Hewlett-Packard-Primary-LION-

Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

Device name: Primary

Charge Information:

Charge remaining (mAh): 3552

Fully charged: No

Full charge capacity (mAh): 3776

Health Information:

Cycle count: 317

Amperage (mA): 4095

Voltage (mV): 12551

System Power Settings:

AC Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 0

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 0

Automatic Restart On Power Loss: No

Wake On LAN: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Hardware Configuration:

UPS Installed: No

AC Charger Information:

Connected: Yes

I installed iDeNeb 10.5.5 on my HP. Battery meter was there, but the time selection wasn't working. So I installed the latest AppleACPIBatteryManager, rebooted didnt show meter anymore, installed the original PowerManagementBundle from here, and still not working. But i see all the info about this mac ..

same here. After installed ACPIBatteryManager the battery icon disappeared.

battery icon disappeared for me too, but i must say it fixed a problem i was having:

whenever i was running on battery power, things would slow down badly: cursor would refresh every 2 seconds or so.

it says no battery in, but i still get information in System Profiler:

Informations sur le modèle :

Nº de série : SANYO-MAL32b-LION-

Fabricant : SANYO

Nom de l’appareil : : MAL32b

Pack Lot Code : 0000

PCB Lot Code : 0000

Version du programme interne : 0000

Révision du matériel : 0000

Révision de pile : 0000

Informations sur la charge :

Charge restante (mAh) : 3755

Charge complète : Oui

En cours de chargement : Non

Capacité de charge complète (mAh) : 3755

Informations sur la santé :

Comptage de cycles : 149

Batterie installée : Oui

Intensité de courant (mA) : 0

chun-nan, you are my homeboy. I BELIEVE IN YOU.

I erased both kext... and now the meter is back but when I click on Show > Time

it just stays on calculating

Hi All,

Am new to the osx scene but thanks to other peoples' hard work and kind posts, the installation and tweaking process is actually bearable and quite rewarding when things start to work properly.

Thank you Chun-nan for the excellent work!

My HPmac: HP dv6775us T5450 1.67Ghz (recognized) 3072MB 4965AGN (waiting) 8400M GS (working) Realtek HDA 0268 (works well enough) sleep mode (not tried yet) shut down (not resolved)