GeForce 200 series support

EGOvoruhk

638 posts in this topic

sorandomitworks

run this command in terminal and post the outputs, kthx

ioreg -l -w0 | grep NVCAP

| | | | "NVCAP" = <d38d34d34d34d34d34d37d34d38d34d34d34d34d34d34d3bd34d34d34d34>

I am pretty sure I used the preselected NVCAP I think I will switch back to the cards NVCAP tonight I will post that as well. Thanks for all your help Netkas. If you don't mind me asking what do you need this information for?

*edit

here is the NVCAP from the original card and rom file:

| | | | "NVCAP" = <d38d34d34d34d34d34d1fd34d34d34d34d34d34d34d34d3bd34d34d34d34>

I guess they are the same.

I have one minor problem. I booted into safe mode, installed the package and the enabler, but when trying to boot in osx, i have to unplug my monitor for it to work. Why do I have to do this? I downloaded the package from the IRC channel and the enabler from netkas' site.

OMFG finally I have it running :D

Info:

Distro: iDeneb 10.5.6 patched to 10.5.7

CPU/Mobo: i7 920 ... eVGA x58 w/AHCI enabled. Hyperthreading disabled.

Video: eVGA Geforce GTX 285 ... Dell 30" monitor

Boot Flags: busratio=20 cpus=1 "Graphics Mode"="2560x1600x32"

What I did:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo rm -r GeForce.kext

sudo rm -r NVDANV40Hal.kext

sudo rm -r NVDANV50Hal.kext

sudo rm -r NVDAResman.kext

(no other injectors installed)

2. download/install

GT200 Drivers for Leopard: http://fileshare.in.ua/2058748

3. download/install

Netkas Universal Injector: http://netkas.org/?p=104 "Link to pkg" link

Thanks so much to netkas, this community, and anyone else who deserves creds :D:P:blink::afro:

| | | | "NVCAP" = <d38d34d34d34d34d34d37d34d38d34d34d34d34d34d34d3bd34d34d34d34>

I am pretty sure I used the preselected NVCAP I think I will switch back to the cards NVCAP tonight I will post that as well. Thanks for all your help Netkas. If you don't mind me asking what do you need this information for?

*edit

here is the NVCAP from the original card and rom file:

| | | | "NVCAP" = <d38d34d34d34d34d34d1fd34d34d34d34d34d34d34d34d3bd34d34d34d34>

I guess they are the same.

your NVCAP looks odd, here is my for example"

| | | | "NVCAP" = <05000000000001000e0000000000000700000000>

your NVCAP looks odd, here is my for example"

| | | | "NVCAP" = <05000000000001000e0000000000000700000000>

Perhaps I can help... I'm also using a device-propertie string for my GTX 285 and I got dual DVI display working with QE/CI on both screen. Didn't test the TV out though.

| | | | "NVCAP" = <04000000000003001c0000000000000a00000000>

Perhaps I can help... I'm also using a device-propertie string for my GTX 285 and I got dual DVI display working with QE/CI on both screen. Didn't test the TV out though.

| | | | "NVCAP" = <04000000000003001c0000000000000a00000000>

I've changed it six times and still I get the same NVCAP. I don't know whats up. here is my NVCAP from the ROM file

0400000000000f00000000000000000700000000

I've gone into the com.apple.Boot.plist file with vi and edited the NVCAP still that weird NVCAP shows. I also have not tested the TV out. My machine is running too hot and with not enough power I think that is why it is just shutting off with no warning. its hot in dc.

i tried these 2 packages, but only one Monitor work if both pluged in i see only black screen and nothing more :( !

using ' 8600GT ' before, now ' LeadTek GTX 260 Extreme+' but in SystemProfiler i see the old Card anyway, it's strange ;) !

resolution is ' 1024x768 ' :( !

removed the old ' *.kext * ' before !

can somebody please help me out to activate my second Monitor ???

i already update to 10.5.7.

Using 2 CRTs pluged with adapter ' DVI to VGA ' !

sorry for my bad english!

CooSee ' Ya

Help me please! I’m trying to get my 2 GTX 260’s working!

I am using iPC ppf5 10.5.6, and I install the driver, then enabler, and no video. After reboot, the apple logo stays and stops spining. I switched from HDMI to DVI, no luck. Any help please?

gt200_drivers_pkg for Leopard http://fileshare.in.ua/2058748 ;)

Mines not working please help me! no one on IRC is willing to help. I did everything! I installed the package then enabler.

I Went into safe mode deleted the Kexts and installed both again. Nothing. i switched to DVI, VGA, and HDMI, the apple logo freezes after a while of spinning. (GTX 260 SLI) (2x). PLEASE help me!

I followed aqua-mac's instructions here http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...&thread=569

its a little shifty with the sound and every now and again it pops out. I had it working as a 9500GT with the efi strings I got from that and surprise to me it worked and no problems. I think I might go back to that.

*EDIT

It seems to work great now that I reinstalled the kernel my bad.

thanks aqua for the info

Mines not working please help me! no one on IRC is willing to help. I did everything! I installed the package then enabler.

I Went into safe mode deleted the Kexts and installed both again. Nothing. i switched to DVI, VGA, and HDMI, the apple logo freezes after a while of spinning. (GTX 260 SLI) (2x). PLEASE help me!

Start up in -s mode, type mount -uw /, hit enter

type rm -r Ge*.* && rm -r NV*.* && rm -r ATY_Init.kext && rm -r ../Extensions.mkext , then hit enter

reboot

Go to the sight that sorandomitworks told us about and follow the instructions there. Install the driver package. Don't install the enabler. Reboot, and should work.

Can anyone elaborate on getting dual monitor workin with a GTX260 and EFI string? I went over to the link but saw nothing for the GTX260.

Follow the instructions for GTX280, but change the name and memory values to match your 260 card.

EDIT: Try 00000038 for the VRAM hex value, and nVidia GeForce GTX 260 for the name.

Could someone post their EFI string for a single GTX260 896 MB? I've tried making my own but when I use the EFI string my display just goes to sleep and never wakes up.

Yes, I did remove the injector first and PCIroot should be right too (was slightly different from the ones included in aquamac's 9800 plists) and I removed the second card from the plist too. Used VRAM value 00000038 as stated in earlier post.

First off, I want to apologize for another newbie adding something on this page. However, I am desperate for help. I need direction. My Macbook Pro does not cut it as a video editor, so I recently purchased some new hardware for a hackintosh build...

ASUS p6T X58 mobo

Intel I7 920

BFG GTX 260 OC

So I followed this tutorial for putting iDeneb on my x58 board....

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...hp/t167420.html

then when i saw the video patches, i saw that my vcard was not supported. So, my question is, as I have seen people now successful with this, how do I get OS X on my build, and how do I make sure my video card (GTX 260) works? I still own the Leopard Retail disk. Please help! It is difficult to patch together what to do from different sources from these forums, because I get lost in the translation. I would be eternally grateful for an answer that says this...do this, do that, do this, do that, and voila, you have the best machine in the world! And thanks for being geniuses and lending your support to the non-geniuses of the world. When you end up ruling the world I will happliy plow your fields and milk your cows.

Thanks

ed

Could someone post their EFI string for a single GTX260 896 MB? I've tried making my own but when I use the EFI string my display just goes to sleep and never wakes up.

Yes, I did remove the injector first and PCIroot should be right too (was slightly different from the ones included in aquamac's 9800 plists) and I removed the second card from the plist too. Used VRAM value 00000038 as stated in earlier post.

I am stuck in the same boat. GTX260 works great, but want dual monitor support.

Start up in -s mode, type mount -uw /, hit enter

type rm -r Ge*.* && rm -r NV*.* && rm -r ATY_Init.kext && rm -r ../Extensions.mkext , then hit enter

reboot

Go to the sight that sorandomitworks told us about and follow the instructions there. Install the driver package. Don't install the enabler. Reboot, and should work.

Do I actually type "rm -r Ge*.* && rm -r NV*.* && rm -r ATY_Init.kext && rm -r ../Extensions.mkext" In one line? The way you wrote it?

I tried everything you said, I get a black screen with HDMI and DVI Cables.

Do I actually type "rm -r Ge*.* && rm -r NV*.* && rm -r ATY_Init.kext && rm -r ../Extensions.mkext" In one line? The way you wrote it?

I tried everything you said, I get a black screen with HDMI and DVI Cables.

Do you have 2 displays attached? When I installed mine with 2 displays connected, all I got was a black screen. After reading some people's comments, this seems to be the norm. I unplugged one of my displays and everything came up just fine.

Do you have 2 displays attached? When I installed mine with 2 displays connected, all I got was a black screen. After reading some people's comments, this seems to be the norm. I unplugged one of my displays and everything came up just fine.

No 2nd display attached. Only one 25.5".

Hi I am a noob in the scene. I've been struggling to get my GTX 275 to work. I have used the gt200_drivers_pkg.pkg and the enabler exactly as suggested however when leopard boots up I get past the White apple loading screen then there is simple a black screen with a cursor that can be moved. The card does however work in safe mode using -x. The gpu works fully in safe mode but does not work otherwise. In safe mode I get all my resolutions and shows up properly under Graphics/Displays.

I would really appreciate any help. Spent 10 hours trying to sort this out !

thanks

Hi I am a noob in the scene. I've been struggling to get my GTX 275 to work. I have used the gt200_drivers_pkg.pkg and the enabler exactly as suggested however when leopard boots up I get past the White apple loading screen then there is simple a black screen with a cursor that can be moved. The card does however work in safe mode using -x. The gpu works fully in safe mode but does not work otherwise. In safe mode I get all my resolutions and shows up properly under Graphics/Displays.

I would really appreciate any help. Spent 10 hours trying to sort this out !

thanks

I wouldn't know about that. BTW I got my GTX 260 to work by pulling out my 2nd GTX. I think you should try switching cables.. try a dvi to VGA adapter and plug VGA into your monitor.

Got my GTX260 to work straight off, but some new issues have popped up that I didn't have beforehand.

1) When I change resolutions, I get a solid color screen (usually the light blue color that pops right after the apple logo, sometimes black).

2) The system won't shutdown anymore. It'll log off, screen will go blank, then nothing. It doesn't shut off or reboot.