GeForce 200 series support

EGOvoruhk

638 posts in this topic

I know the post on your blog says "all gt200/gt200b cards", but does that include the 295?

I'm stuck with a P35 board, but I'd like some gaming power in Windows, so I was looking at getting one of the new single PCB 295 cards coming out

Tried it.

I'm using iDeneb 10.5.6 (the iDeneb 10.5.7 update would bork my machine). Fresh installation. I've got a Gainward GTX260 216 SP 55nm 896 MB.

First off, to get even into OSX I had to boot into single user mode and delete the following kexts, as detailed on the first page of this thread:

• GeForce.kext
  • NVDANV40Hal.kext
  • NVDANV50Hal.kext
  • NVDAResman.kext
  • any injectors you may have.

After this I was able to boot in safe mode and install both the drivers and netkas' enabler.

So far it does work, I've got my main monitor (Dell 3008WFP, 30", 2560x1600) running in full resolution with QE/CI enabled.

What doesn't work: both displays at once. Either output on the graphics card works fine with one monitor connected, but both connected will display no picture.

EDIT: changed post because netkas had a newer version of the Enabler that fixed several issues.

Downloaded the driver PKG(from the IRC.) and the injector(this from the website). Placed it on a USB flash drive. (this isn't a must, didn't feel like downloading it again)

First installed LEO4ALL (10.5.2.), installed the injector + PKG. Restarted, infinite black screen with a move-able mouse.

Next I tried iDeneb 10.5.6., installed, rebooted with -x. Deleted any injectors that were installed, rebooted, installed PKG driver + injector. Rebooted again. Everything is working fine(even Quartz extreme), now I have a fully working OSX86 machine!!

SPECS:

Intel e8400 @ 4.2ghz

2x2gb @ 940mhz

GA-EP35-DS3L

GTX 260 (192 version)

Two HDDs, 500gb + 80gb(mac drive)

I boot into Windows or Mac by using the boot menu screen in the bios. (F12 for me)

Good luck mates!

Hm...now I need to remember how to undo the gfx strings injection method I used for my 9800gtx, it doesn't seem to be working 'automagically'. But good to see drivers are finally here, as I can at least boot with -x now (instead of -s only).

Tried it.

I'm using iDeneb 10.5.6 (the iDeneb 10.5.7 update would bork my machine). Fresh installation. I've got a Gainward GTX260 216 SP 55nm 896 MB.

First off, to get even into OSX I had to boot into single user mode and delete the following kexts, as detailed on the first page of this thread:

• GeForce.kext
  • NVDANV40Hal.kext
  • NVDANV50Hal.kext
  • NVDAResman.kext
  • any injectors you may have.

After this I was able to boot in safe mode and install both the drivers and netkas' enabler. To boot into OSX I had to disconnect both my monitors from the graphics card and then wait for OSX to load. Then I was able to connect one of my monitors, interestingly it only works in the secondary output (at least I think it's the secondary because BIOS screens are output on the other output)

So far it does work, I've got my main monitor (Dell 3008WFP, 30", 2560x1600) running in full resolution with QE/CI enabled.

What doesn't work:

• 2nd output. Only one monitor works at a time. It seems the other output doesn't work at all.
  • Color calibration doesn't seem to work. I can move the sliders but they do nothing. Worked fine with the 8800GT I used to have.

Hopefully these can be fixed.

I have same problem, installed all kext = secondary output and primary is not output,

Can't see icon in secondary area,but feel QE/CE is work ,

I need delete "NVDAResman.kext"

primary area is work,but QE/CI is not support.

Thank for netkas,

Thank you for anybody help!

275noqeci1.png

Success. Haven't been using for long but initial signs are positive! Thank you netkas!

I'm on a GA-EP45-DS3R, 10.5.7, installed via the ls8 method (10.5 retail -> 10.5.7 combo updater -> chameleon EFI -> postpatch to swap kexts). I had a 7900 GS in the machine, which I was using EFIStudio to set the display string into the com.apple.Boot.plist. I booted into a brand new 10.5.7 (that had no display string set yet), installed the driver package and the enabler package referenced in this thread, rebooted, swapped video cards, and voila. I had to swap the monitor cable to the output closer to the MOBO, and had a couple black screen - restarts at first, but things seem good now.

I didn't remove the GeForce.kext, NVDANV40.kext, NVDANV50.kext, or any other kexts. I just took the fresh 10.5.7 and installed the driver package and enabler package. I didn't have to boot in safe mode.

I am on an EVGA GTX 260 896MB DDR3 core 216 card.

Ok, installed the updated version of the netkas Enabler and now I no longer have to disconnect my display before getting OSX to boot. Color calibration also works now. So good job netkas!

It seems that both outputs now work, but only one at a time. If both are connected, I get no picture on either display, it seems like they are put to sleep or something. Disconnecting either will restore the picture on the remaining display.

i got my GTX 295 to install... .. only thing am worried about now is the temperature

does anyone know how to adjust the fan speed or of any GPU temperature monitoring software?

Gtx_295.tiff