new ALC88X AppleHDA drivers by Taruga

zarac

133 posts in this topic

Updated the links in both my posts to point to a new zip.

Yea.. my link is two posts above this one, but here it is anyway:

Taruga_Leopard_alc88x.zip

I think some folks might be trying to install the alc88x_addx_AppleHDA.kext folder instead of the AppleHDA.kext that's in that folder.

That's how they were named on Taruga's site, but I've removed .kext extension from the alc88x_addx_AppleHDA folders to try and be a bit more clear.

I also added Kabyl's HDAEnabler.kext as well to the zip.

Backup or Remove the original AppleHDA.kext and install both the AppleHDA.kext you need and the HDAEnabler.kext in your /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Usual kext updating rules apply, make sure the permissions and ownership are correct, update the cache, reboot.

If your unfamiliar with the install process, use KextHelper.

http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Software.html

Thanks Signal,

Maybe add instructions with the download files as it's not clear which files to install.

Would I install the 'alc885889_add2_AppleHDA' file for my board's ALC889a?

Other than my System Profiler showing 'No Built-in Audio', the front and rear audio i/o works properly. Don't know if Taruga's file would be a benefit to me other than showing more info in System Profiler?

Signal64,

Thanks for the download link. I've been fighting with my new GA-EP45-DS3L for a day with files and installers from everybody and his dog and I just changed the one plist entry that you suggested and installed HDAEnabler.kext and ALC888_add0_AppleHDA (using KextHelper) and presto, I'm listening to my iTunes.

Thanks again,

Tom

(note: on the initial boot the hackintosh froze but on the next reboot all was good, so anyone following along at home don't freak if the first reboot freezes)

I've been tru the entire appleHDA.kext file. I cant seem to find where you actually set the variables to work with the layout and pathmaps. can someone please explain this to me? trying to make a .kext for a fully working alc888 on intel dg31pr.

Cheers!

not so stupid. i have the same board and have had sound working. after the 10.5.5 update its gone :(

Yes i have the idee to reinstall the kext. but i would feel me better to understand more of the magic :)

Because i have an laptop Samsung Q45 too which runs with an 10.5.4 without micro and and wrong keybord hardware layout. The rest is very ok and nice.

Please guys help with an short explain who an newbie can succeed!

thy

zorro the better robin hood

• 2 weeks later...
with my P35-DS3L, i have the same result, but do you have 5.1 ?

i couldn't tell you that because i use digital (coax) output and my external AV receiver (marantz) manages the rest.

i haven't tried mobo's 5.1.

currently i'm not in my country, will return in about three months, and there is no way i can test that before.

sorry.

Hi

I just installed OS X 10.5.2 on ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 board. The OSx86 wiki says that I need HDAPatcher ALC883 to enable audio on my board. I downloaded Taruga's pack, and there were folders like alc883_add0_appleHDA, etc. for different ALC's and an "HDAEnabler" folder. I opened them and they contained some ".kext" files. I have an app called "kext helper" installed, which was supplied by Kalyway in the DVD.

I took a guess and thought that I need to first install HDAEnabler kext and then the appropriate ALC kext. I installed the HDAEnabler, then rebooted. Then there were two ALC883 folders:

alc883_add0_applehda and alc883_add2_applehda

I tried each one by one and none helped. I still don't have audio. Please help me and tell me how to install them. I don't even know what kext files or anything else related to OS X is. I'm a complete noob as regards OS X, so please help.

Thanks for any answers. :)

i couldn't tell you that because i use digital (coax) output and my external AV receiver (marantz) manages the rest.

i haven't tried mobo's 5.1.

currently i'm not in my country, will return in about three months, and there is no way i can test that before.

sorry.

ok, thank you

i think i will buy 2 unexpensive pci audio card,

with my onboard card i will have 3 stereo output,

then the "agregate device" option will help me to do the job :|

any answers to my questions guys? ;)

Hi

I just installed OS X 10.5.2 on ASUS P5GC-MX/1333 board. The OSx86 wiki says that I need HDAPatcher ALC883 to enable audio on my board. I downloaded Taruga's pack, and there were folders like alc883_add0_appleHDA, etc. for different ALC's and an "HDAEnabler" folder. I opened them and they contained some ".kext" files. I have an app called "kext helper" installed, which was supplied by Kalyway in the DVD.

I took a guess and thought that I need to first install HDAEnabler kext and then the appropriate ALC kext. I installed the HDAEnabler, then rebooted. Then there were two ALC883 folders:

alc883_add0_applehda and alc883_add2_applehda

I tried each one by one and none helped. I still don't have audio. Please help me and tell me how to install them. I don't even know what kext files or anything else related to OS X is. I'm a complete noob as regards OS X, so please help.

Thanks for any answers. :)

The drivers works great ;D but im getting a error or something background... at least i can shut down :/ but i dont like it dat thing running every 5 seconds :/ if some1 have a solution please reply me ;P thx in advance and great drivers agains :(

PD: the error appears when I'm booting leopard too, like 10 lines or more...

post-261701-1222376452_thumb.png

post-261701-1222376469_thumb.png

First, did you switch from AC97 to HDA in BIOS?

HDAPatcher 1.20 should work for you with a correct codec0.txt from ubuntu e.g.

Thanks, I'll change it in the BIOS. But what is a codec0.txt? (I think you forgot to attach some file?) I have ubuntu installed but I don't know what is codec0.txt.

AD1988B works like a charm, great great great!

6ch and i am so happy that coax is working now....

who can tell how to modify the applehda.kext that it will loaded in the extra folder?

i only can get it work in /s/l/e but i want that file /e/e

thanks a lot