What kind of Watch do you have?

67 posts in this topic

In Scotland you don't have much more than 7 or 8 hours daylight in the winter (if at all). So do you sleep for for 16 hours? :P

Oh believe me, I would if I could. :P

Our shortest day this year is 6hrs 50mins - that's 17hrs 10mins of sleep!

Hahaha, exactly! I'm totally into lucid dreaming too, so I can sleep forever in these cold german winter days.

They are very depressing, I know. I spent one winter in Karlsruhe, and it was terrible (it must be even worse in the North). But Karlsruhe and surrounding places were astonishing in Spring/Summer.

Ergh, lucid dreaming, still can't crack that...

Perhaps you should write a tutorial in the genius bar :P

Me neither. However, I did figure out on my own how to control having a dream on any subject.

If you can, relax well, and "drift" into sleep. While you are doing this, think of something you would like to dream about, and

"float" off into it. Set your alarm to wake you 3 hours later. You will remember it. I guarantee it.

EDIT: A dream lasts seconds, normally not more than 10. You will usually wake up feeling like a few minutes have passed, when in reality, it was 3 hours. But you won't be able to get the dream out of your head. Self-observed & self-induced brain washing. You can actually "program" people this way, its a form of hypnosis.

Ergh, lucid dreaming, still can't crack that...

Perhaps you should write a tutorial in the genius bar :hysterical:

I have various sources of information on lucid dreaming including audio (recommended) and text. PM me if you are interested.

Basically what you do is to keep a dream journal where you'll write down whatever dream you had as detailed as possible whenever you wake up (night or morning) until you are able to remember your dreams "automatically". Step 2 is to describe a scenario that you would like to dream about and use it to induce the lucid dream.

I will think about writing a lengthy tutorial.

Cheers,

hecker

EDIT: lucid dreaming is NOT a form of hypnosis except in the preparation phase in order to help you achieve dream-awareness. It also has nothing to do with brainwashing since there is no-one other than you in control of your thoughts. You decide what you make of it.

The whole point is that you are lucid and completely aware during the whole dream experience. Not much different than being awake actually except that you can do pretty much everything you want (flying, distorting matter, making yourself invisible, etc).

• 4 weeks later...

Gshock. Had one since I was 6, I'm on my second. I go everywhere with it, and my "new" one(3 years now) syncs with the atomic clock in colorado, and is solar powered. w00t!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a very old (50+ years old) Elgin watch, model unknown. It was made before Elgin got bought out by some big company and stopped producing watches (around 1960). I got it from my grandpa, who was one of the old-school watch repairmen, who actually went to the Elgin Watchmaker's College in Illinois pre-1950s.

This watch actually still works well, unless you get it wet... then it has to dry out a few days and will keep on tickin'

The photo of its face shows its age, but it does look nicer in person. My camera sucks, especially when I tried to take a pic of the beauty of the inner workings of this thing. You can see the jewels (rubies maybe?) inside it. This is an Elgin "17 jewel" watch, made before the use of Quartz became popular. The jewels were actually used as bearing seats for the most stressed moving parts, because jewels don't wear down over time as much as metals like steel, etc. Think of it like this: An axle turns round and round in its hole for years and years.... if the hole or axle is made of steel or any other common "hard" metal, tiny bits of shavings will come off ever so slightly as the motion moves on, year after year. The hole or axle gets worn out, and the mechanism becomes less precise over time. So back in the 1900s and late 1800s, watch makers put jewels harder than steel inside the watches' mechanisms. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

post-85664-1220720234_thumb.jpg

post-85664-1220720304_thumb.jpg

The photo's dates are wrong - I'm too lazy to set the date/time... and yes that is a MathLab folder behind it (barf!)

http://www.rolex.com/en/collection/rolex-g...riner/index.jsp

black bezel, 3 years old.

never wear it unless I am going out since I have fallen off of bars twice and broke it, I'll take a picture of it later when I'm home.

I have 2 Movados as well, but they always die and they are both POSes, thats actually why I got the rollie (kinetics)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...