hp Pavilion dv6000 series AMD

..TheOne..

359 posts in this topic

Has anyone found a fix for the problem with the HP DV6810US AMD not being able to detect the hd during install?

My original topic on this subject in July can be found here.

There are some issues with your MCP67 chipset. meDevil has written some kexts that may have a solution to our dilemma, but I'm not entirely sure. I've heard that some folks have found an AppleNForceATA.kext that they "injected" into the install dvd of their choice (leo4all, iDeneb, zephyroth) and were able to get the thing working.

Here's the thread that may hold some answers for you...

NForce SATA Controller, Fully working kext

Annunaki: Yes, I tried to install it three times and it wouldn't work. It said the install would complete (after an obscene amount of installation time...4-6 hours) and when I would reboot I'd get errors over and over (Cannot find root device or some such), followed by the dreaded no operating system found message.

Back to Ubuntu Hardy for the time being. I have this thread bookmarked. Hopefully there will come a day where the installation takes less than an hour and everything works out of the box. I give Osx86 a try every 6 months or so to see the progress and it's getting better, but doesn't work for me thus far.

Anybody have any luck getting the nForce LAN to work? My school doesn't have wireless in the dorms, Ethernet only so it would be nice to use OS X in the dorm. I tried the forcedeth, but it didn't work.

I'm curious too what works.

...Anyone???

Hey guys, i can't get my hp laptop to install leopard T.T

HP Pavillion dv2620ca (dv2000 series)

Motherboard: Wistron 30D6 ?

CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-58 1900 MHz

Video: NVIDIA MCP67M / GeForce GO 7150M / nForce 630M

Audio: Conexant High Definition Audio

Network: Broadcom 4321AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n WiFi Adapter

Hard Drive: 160 GB ATA HDD

If you need more information, just ask.

The problem is, My Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel AMD can't find my hard drive.

People have recommended to switch to a different port, but its a laptop...

Can someone help me fix this? And also, if anyone can tell me which disk is better for me

and if my hardware will be compatible? And what i need to make them compatible.

Thanks for ANY kind of help.

so i download the kext that medevil made?

what do i do with it after?

im sorry, im a beginner

I hate to say it, but you should read through the 33 pages of posts on that thread to see if there is any support yet for your MCP67 chipset. I'm not sure there is just yet, but I haven't researched it myself.

i have dv6220br, brazilian notebook ;)

config

Amd Turion X2 64 Bits TL 50 1.6 Ghz

3 Gb DDR 667

160G WD Sata

Chipetset nForce 430

Video Gforce 6150Go (128)

(my model dont have card reader and firewire, i have 2 usbs ports, control remote and quickplay bottons )

in installing ideneb, its woriking okay in my notebook, after install kext`s, my notebook don`t start again, he show it

Sep 5 15:45:16 rafael-mullets-macpro31 mDNSResponser[25]: mDNSPlataformRawTime: this_mach_absolute_time 57F8B1000000A

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

this error starting after installing kexts and add 'idlehalt=0 cpus=2" :/

in safe mode working.

ahh i dont work trackpad and keyboard..

plz helpeme

in sorry my english :D

...in installing ideneb, its woriking okay in my notebook, after install kext`s, my notebook don`t start again, he show it

Sep 5 15:45:16 rafael-mullets-macpro31 mDNSResponser[25]: mDNSPlataformRawTime: this_mach_absolute_time 57F8B1000000A

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

this error starting after installing kexts and add 'idlehalt=0 cpus=2" :/

in safe mode working.

ahh i dont work trackpad and keyboard..

plz helpeme

in sorry my english ^_^

I have noticed the same problem with mine. Most of the time it starts up ok, but sometimes it boots and it hangs at

"AppleNForceATA: found 0 units". I have to boot with usb keyboard and usb mouse.

This sucks, but it works.

Maybe it will be different if I try to install the new Leo4All v4.1. Maybe there are some fixes in there for this.

jarv, kevinchennn, et all...

Great news! It appears that Leo4All v4.1 AMD has support for the MCP67 chipset.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=123364

It can be found at the green demon among other places. Just google Leo4allv4.1

:(:):D

Well I decided to give this a try last night.. I really wanted to see what all the fuss about a Mac was about. I have a dv6408nr and used Leo4All v4.1. Install took FOREVER, but when it finished and I am sitting at my desktop. Sound worked (choppy on itunes) keyboard works, touchpad works, Wifi works, but isn't able to see my wireless network? Anyone know how to fix this?

Video is default 1024x768. About to try the patch on the front page of this thread though, see what we get.

BTW it is showing my battery meter on my toolbar already, so no patch needed for that. This leo install seems pretty nice so far, just hope I can get my wireless network up and running, and fix the choppy sound and this would be awesome.

edit: So if I take out the start up password in bios, I get the error about can't find some setup file and it won't boot into osx. If I put the start up password back in, it works great. Weird

so this thing is slow.. And now I am getting the keyboard were it isn't working 1 time, but works the next.. Same with the network..

Is there a fix for us to make it work faster? I mean the bootup time is horrendous and it just seems overall really slow

so.. I boot up in safe mode.... and everything is smoking.. Wifi works, keyboard works, touchpad, etc.. SOUND does NOT work... lol but man its running sooo smooth..

I wish you could just run in safe mode all the time, because its running great.

so.. I boot up in safe mode.... and everything is smoking.. Wifi works, keyboard works, touchpad, etc.. SOUND does NOT work... lol but man its running sooo smooth..

I wish you could just run in safe mode all the time, because its running great.

Try the following boot options instead of safe mode

idlehalt=0 cpus=2

This should get sound working properly with everything else. It may run even faster :tomato:

As far as the boot up time, I found that the system boots up pretty quickly for me if I plug in a usb keyboard & usb mouse. Maybe it will work for you?

awesome annunaki.. Do I only need to put this in 1 time?

You can add it each time you boot up or you can edit the Kernel Flags in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist.

Mine looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	   <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/Property/List-1.0.dtd">
	   <plist version="1.0">
				  <dict>
							  <key>Kernel</key>
							  <string>mach_kernel</string>
							  <key>Kernel Flags</key>
							  <string>-v idlehalt=0 cpus=2</string>
							  <key>Timeout</key>
							  <string>2</string>
				  </dict>
	   </plist>

Install with Leo4All v4.1

Follow the same directions detailed in this post:

Leopard 10.5.4 install on dv6000 series (example: dv6110us) - iDeneb v1

:blink:

I installed with Leo4All 4.1 yesterday and encountered the same install difficulties as iDeneb. The only appreciable difference between the 2 distros for the dv6000 is the fact that powermanagement is automatically included (works) and you can select the StageXNU kernel on install. Too bad it didn't resolve any of the remaining quirks on this system.

By the way, the options I selected during install...

- No language packs

- Chipset

---- NForce Test

---- VIA SIS Marvell & SB Chipset Driver (not sure if necessary)

- Audio

---- AzaliaAudio

- Graphics (NO DRIVERS SELECTED) - None of the options work for the GeForce Go 6150

- Network

---- Broadcom

- Remove Firewire

- "About this Mac"

- StageXNU kernel

- SMBIOS - Netkas

- ACPIPlatform 1.1.0

- EFI Bootloader

im running a Presario V6310US, which is basically the exact same as your dv6000. im trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 right now, and it was extremely slow on boot, extremely slow formatting the drive, and now it says its going to take 8 and a half hours to install Leopard on the drive. im starting to wonder if its even worth it. this laptop would look very nice with Leopard up and running on it. (its a Compaq, so i nicknamed it "PaqBook Pro") but it seems as though its never going to work the way my other laptop works.

im running a Presario V6310US, which is basically the exact same as your dv6000. im trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 right now, and it was extremely slow on boot, extremely slow formatting the drive, and now it says its going to take 8 and a half hours to install Leopard on the drive. im starting to wonder if its even worth it. this laptop would look very nice with Leopard up and running on it. (its a Compaq, so i nicknamed it "PaqBook Pro") but it seems as though its never going to work the way my other laptop works.

I've seen some folks have problems with that distro for the 6000 series. The best results so far have been from iDeneb v1, Leo4All v2, v3, and v4.1.

Personally I'd recommend iDeneb or Leo4All v4.1 as they seem to have the best "drivers" for the hardware...and it's already set up as 10.5.4.

Maybe you could give one of them a shot. :withstupid:

For the guys having trouble with their nForce4 LAN, I used this guide:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...p;hl=nforce+LAN

But instead of installing the forcedeth kext, I used the forcedeth-nockd kext. You may have to edit the info.plist to add your device ID (I did, 0x026910DE) then edit the networkinterfaces.plist file, but I'm sure if you poke around it'll work.

I'm still having trouble booting without the USB keyboard plugged in. So if anyone has any suggestions I'll be up to trying them. My next step is trying to get sleep working.