hp Pavilion dv6000 series AMD

..TheOne..

359 posts in this topic

zranik,

please elaborate what you mean when you say "leo4all v2 and v3 ----- can't find boot file....". Is it during install when you boot from DVD or after install booting from the HD. I don't think the other setup disks will work for you as I'm pretty sure they don't have the latest SATA patch by MeDevil. leo4all v2, leo4all v3, zephyroth and iDeneb releases are all known to work to some degree on AMD dv6000 series.

---

jarv,

Have you tried installing Leopard yet?

redash,

I tried booting with legacy without the minus but it wouldn't allow that. So I typed in -legacy and it booted. However, it still hung up at the IOKit error and the trackpad/kb did not work. Glad it worked for you!

UPDATE:

I have updated my earlier post with fixes and improved install method / boot method. Thanks ..TheOne.. and redash! I'm now writing a Wiki entry for this laptop in the HCL 10.5.2/Portables section at wiki.osx86project.org. I know I installed 10.5.4, but a similar method is used to install 10.5.2 using zephyroth and Leo4All v2 / v3. I'm going to link to this forum thread in the HCL entry.

annunaki

After install on HD, reboot my laptop, and always "com.apple.Boot.plist not found".

Ok i'm try one more time......

Read my post #65 above as it has some workarounds for this. The com.apple.Boot.plist error is caused by a timing error with the nForce boards and SATA drives.

Try this method...

Before power on...connect USB mouse - leave keyboard disconnected for now

(The following process has to be done as quick as possible or you will get a plist error)

Boot laptop and hit ESC at the ESC/F10 prompt

Select boot from CD then hit ENTER

Hit F8

Type -v then hit ENTER

Now I'm going to show some of my ignorance.

Can anyone please tell me how to extract the kernels from the iDeneb install disk?

9.4.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

9.4.0 Modbin (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

9.2.0 Sleep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

9.2.0 SpeedStep (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

9.2.2 SSE3 (Intel/AMD/SSE3)

Or...maybe point me in the right direction to acquire them?

I'd like to install the 9.2.2 SSE3, 9.2.0 SpeedStep, and finally the 9.2.0 Sleep kernels to see how they react with the dv6110us setup.

The method of install will be to use OSx86 Tools as I've heard it was painfully simple with this method.

TIA.

---

Skip that. I've been able to extract the kernels from the disk in .pkg format. Not sure what I'm doing yet, but we'll see.

- So far the 9.2.2 SSE3 did not provide any useful changes that I can see. Sound still sucks. Nothing really too different here.

- Next, 9.2.0 SpeedStep is not much help either. I seem to have lost the shutdown/reboot function. Things are hit and miss with any kernel so far.

- Finally, 9.2.0 Sleep is not happy at all. The IOKit error comes back in force regardless if USB mouse & kb are attached. Once logged in, performance is sluggish at best. Internal kb/trackpad do not work. Period. Plus, I've lost the network.

Going back to modbin 9.4.0...if I can...

And..I can.

So here is what I've learned. The kb/mouse/trackpad/IOKit/quickkeys (the volume-mute keys) issue is like this. If I do not connect at least a USB keyboard at boot, it takes about 6 or more minutes to boot as it hangs for 5 minutes at the IOKit quiesce message. The kb/trackpad/quickkeys do not work upon login, but a USB mouse & kb will work if I insert them. After all this, I find that the sound works pretty danged good.

NOW...

If I connect a USB keyboard...and sometimes a USB mouse, the boot time is about 2 minutes, and the internal kb/trackpad/quickkeys DO work at login. I can then unplug them. However (dot dot dot), the sound becomes really choppy...no, really.

So...here we are. I have not fully tested each kernel, but rather "quick tested" them. None of them made any immediate good impact. So, what I can surmise is that there is a problem with the internal (supposed) PS2 kb/mouse/quickkeys at boot for some darned reason. Alot has to do with whatever is happening when the boot process gets to the "waiting for the IOKit to quiesce" message. There also seems to be some tie to the network, though I can't localize that theory.

Using -legacy (with or without the dash) has no apparent effect. Using -s and/or -x have no good purpose.

On top of that, it sucks not having power management and full QE/CI.

At least I've gotten around the silly Boot.plist trouble and the system is fairly stable.

Any suggestions?

I see next......

Code signing: cs_invalid_page: p=159[Dock] clearing CS_VALID

Code signing: cs_invalid_page: p=160[sYSTEMuIServer] clearing CS_VALID

Code signing: cs_invalid_page: p=161[Finder] clearing CS_VALID

Code signing: cs_invalid_page: p=162[Atsserver] clearing CS_VALID

thats all......and nothing else

I see next......

Code signing: cs_invalid_page: p=159[Dock] clearing CS_VALID

Code signing: cs_invalid_page: p=160[sYSTEMuIServer] clearing CS_VALID

Code signing: cs_invalid_page: p=161[Finder] clearing CS_VALID

Code signing: cs_invalid_page: p=162[Atsserver] clearing CS_VALID

thats all......and nothing else

I know on mine it took a long time to boot after install. I think it was somewhere around 10 minutes or longer. How long are you waiting during the first reboot?

Oouu.......long time.........after that system write me......."system sleep" and that's all

I dont know what happen, but now i download idened.......but download speed so slowly 256kb\s......

I see. Well, maybe you'll have more luck with iDeneb then. It is 10.5.4 as well, so if it works, then you're off to a good start. Stay with us so we can see how this works out for you.

Choppy Sound Fix Update*

Sound, keyboard, trackpad, quickkeys (vol/mute) and network all work nicely together...mostly.

I am very excited to have found this method after searching for days. Forum member c_c has his Compaq Presario F7xx and it worked on my dv6000 series.

Here's the magic trick. In /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist file, under Kernel Flags, add idlehalt=0 cpus=2. Here is what my com.apple.Boot.plist looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/Property/List-1.0.dtd">
 <plist version="1.0">
		 <dict>
					 <key>Kernel</key>
					 <string>mach_kernel</string>
					 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
					 <string>-v idlehalt=0 cpus=2</string>
					 <key>Timeout</key>
					 <string>2</string>
		 </dict>
 </plist>

Power Management Update*

Power management seems to be working. Again, thanks to c_c for finding these updates on his thread.

Basically, you just need the following file:

PowerManagement.zip

- Extract the zip file to Desktop or wherever

- Delete /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle

- Install the new PowerManagement.bundle in its place

- Open Terminal and run chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle

- Reboot.

- Options available under System Preferences/Energy Saver

Hey guys. Great thread.

I have an HP Pavilion 9500 with a Turion 64x2 (32 bit) that supports sse2 or 3.

I installed Leo4allv3Final and got as far as booting, where it gets hung up on trying to load Firewire. I don't have a firewire port and don't need this.

How do I delete a kext? I see that mentioned in many places, but do not know how. Is that part of the iso?

Sorry, noob...

Hey guys. Great thread.

I have an HP Pavilion 9500 with a Turion 64x2 (32 bit) that supports sse2 or 3.

I installed Leo4allv3Final and got as far as booting, where it gets hung up on trying to load Firewire. I don't have a firewire port and don't need this.

How do I delete a kext? I see that mentioned in many places, but do not know how. Is that part of the iso?

Sorry, noob...

Try the following package. It moves your firewire kext's to a folder in the root of the drive called firewire. I got it from here.

FireWire.pkg.zip

---

Uhh, just now noticed you said you can only boot up to the firewire error. Um, I haven't had to do this before so I can't be of too much help. The answer is out there...just search the forums. It is easiest to use google and type

"delete firewire" site:insanelymac.com

That's how we search this forum these days.

Good luck.

Trackpad Side Scroll Update*

- Go to /System/Library/Extensions/

- Back up ApplePS2Controller.kext

- Go to /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

- Delete ApplePS2Trackpad.kext

Make sure you have your USB keyboard and USB mouse handy. Still gotta have 'em to boot up so far.

I gave up on Leo4all and am now trying Kalyway 15.5.2. Installing now.

This one has MANY more options in the "customize" section. I kinda winged it and selected what matched what I have. Hope I didn't pick too many.

I guess this part is a bit hit or miss?

Will keep you posted...

Damn Firewire! Got stuck again. I cannot find a way to delete it. Leo4all has an option in Customize, so I may have to try that again.

I tried the Post-Installation instructions above (speedstepkernel -v -x -s .... passwd, etc) but it said passwd was not a valid command.

Will keep trying

Damn Firewire! Got stuck again. I cannot find a way to delete it. Leo4all has an option in Customize, so I may have to try that again.

I tried the Post-Installation instructions above (speedstepkernel -v -x -s .... passwd, etc) but it said passwd was not a valid command.

Will keep trying

iDeneb has a selection to delete firewire during install.

For now though, you should be able to boot into text mode with -s. You have about 5 kexts that you want to remove and they are:

IOFireWireAVC.kext

IOFireWireFamily.kext

IOFireWireIP.kext

IOFireWireSBP2.kext

IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport.kext

Now, I'm not really good at this, but after going in with -s you should be able to type the following:

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mkdir firewire_backup
mv IOFire* firewire_backup/
cd /System/Library
rm -rf Extensions.mkext
rm -rf Extensions.kextcache
reboot

If you want to restore them for whatever reason later, type -s at boot,

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mv firewire_backup/IOFire* ./
cd /System/Library
rm -rf Extensions.mkext
rm -rf Extensions.kextcache
reboot

Let me know if this helps.

Hello All...

A friend of mine put Tiger on my Dell Inspiron 1300 and it worked beautifully (besides the VGA dongle)

Unfortunately I had to upgrade computers and got a HP Pavilion dv6810us

Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 2.00GHZ (Dual Core)

RAM: 3GB

Bios: F.2A

Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 560

Video: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M

so I first tried Kalyway 10.5.2, got it to boot properly but my internal HDD was not recognized..after some research I found (in this thread) that Kalyway probably didnt have the "stuff" needed to recognize the drive

then I tried Leo4all V3 but it was get stuck with "root device" saying if i touched the keyboard or touchpad...i let it sit for about 10-15 minutes with no successful boot. I also tried booting with a USB mouse and in safe mode ("-v -x"). No luck..so I tried to go back to Vista then got the dreaded Missing Operating System...got that fixed and I'm back to square one...

im stuck... :(

any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

EDIT

--

Obtaining iDeneb 10.5.4, does this work better than Leo4All?

Wow, thanks everybody for such detail and thoroughness... hats off to The One and Annunaki!

I am on an HP DV6325US and I have tried too many attempts to recount. Suffice it to say I didn't get very far with iAtkos (although, after all that I've learned since trying it...) and a patched version of Kalyway 10.5.2 meant to fix the com.boot.Apple.plist missing error.

So far, I use the pause/break button when I see the first startup screen, then press enter. With the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc, I got the most success if I used the SpeedStep kernel, AMD patch 2, and the legacy support.

No video, sound drivers at boot. Sometime did ForcedEth but it didn't make a difference. I always had to have external keyboard/mouse plugged in but with SpeedStep I was able to use internal keyboard/trackpad. The Sleep kernel worked for me too and seemed stable in some ways but no internal keyboard/mouse.

I never got wired/wireless working even with the Power/Graphics patches listed at the beginning of this thread.

I was going to finally give up and decided I would try iDeneb. The disc would not boot unless I used the -x flag (I think I used -v and -f but the -x was key). I would get the Apple then a circle/slash after awhile. But with the -x flag, it booted. Wow, from there, iDeneb is a much smoother process. I followed Annunaki's last install more-or-less and left out things I don't need yet (like sound).

Still didn't have any wired internet so I used a jump drive to install the Power/Graphics patches... restart got me a kernel panic... so I booted to safe mode and will attempt to restore the old Power kexts. Waiting for Pacifist....

Internal mouse/keyboard did NOT work even with USB keyboard/mouse installed. I may try another kernel here shortly because I probably have a different chipset/etc than Annunaki. But I'm sticking with modbin for the moment.

I'm also tempted to download/rollback Leo4All since that worked for TheOne... but we probably have different computers too and I have to give this one back (intact) to its rightful owner pretty soon.

I feel like I'm so close! iDeneb is a lot smoother install ... a little slower Leopard but I figure if I fix these other issues, that'll change.

So at this point I probably have to experiment with kernels, chipsets ... then worry about internet, keyboard/mouse, and still having to press pause/break at boot (although I could password the BIOS).

thanks all!

roni

UPDATE: Password method for booting is better for me because I forget to press pause/break sometimes :thumbsup_anim:

I need to use both -x -f to boot iDeneb

THANKS to everyone who made an effort to make this possible!

I have a HP Pavillon DV2214us (changed mobo (Presario V3000) by a service center because it was defective).

I tried installing "Leopard 10.5.2-AMD-EFI" but didn't boot. I tried "Kalyway" but it didn't boot either.

Until I tried LEO4all v3...

I followed instructions on this thread...

I read all the how to's and patches...

and after almost a week of lack of sleep...

I have successfully installed and run Leopard 10.5.2 on my HP Pavillon DV2214us laptop! :)

Everything posted on this thread is what will happen to you if you do it right and have the right hardware.

So thanks so much! I learned a lot!

I never got wired/wireless working even with the Power/Graphics patches listed at the beginning of this thread.

Did you avoid the video driver checkboxes during install? It is best to install without any video drivers and then apply the patch. Your's should have worked with the patch because you are running GeForce Go 6150 which this patch is designed for. Basically it gets rid of some nVidia kexts and installs an older, somewhat working version of a macvidia driver. It does not provide QE/CI, but it will allow you to change resolutions to 1200x800.

Internal mouse/keyboard did NOT work even with USB keyboard/mouse installed. I may try another kernel here shortly because I probably have a different chipset/etc than Annunaki. But I'm sticking with modbin for the moment.

After looking at the specs for your machine, it looks as if you have the 430 chipset with the 6150 graphics...same as what is on mine. Hmm...

So at this point I probably have to experiment with kernels, chipsets ... then worry about internet, keyboard/mouse, and still having to press pause/break at boot (although I could password the BIOS).

Let us know what works for you!

I need to use both -x -f to boot iDeneb

Wonder why that is??

Thanks for the reply Annunaki. I had to give up because I was returning the laptop to a client :D

But to answer your questions, I think the Wireless wasn't working because the Wifi switch was set to off. There is only one symbol on my switch (looks like an antenna) but for some reason if you move the switch to that side, the wireless doesn't work. Go figure. I only confirmed/discovered this under Vista and was not able to try it with OSX. Although it's odd I never got the wired connection working either.

What you say makes sense.

Odd on my last attempt that I lost the internal mouse/keyboard but I'm sure with proper fiddling I could have gotten it going again. Thanks again. I'll be back when I've got another computer to mac-ify.

roni