AHCI Fix After 10.5.3 update

jivhg

80 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I have this working. It requires more than AHCI so I made a zip archive of the fix.

Just put these in the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder and execute these commands in terminal/single user mode

sudo -s

chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /System/Library/Extensions/iTunesPhoneDriver.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /System/Library/Extensions/iTunesPhoneDriver.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

Also, you will need to boot with -f

Kexts made my osX86 Turk team with IOKItPersonalities mods on AppleAHCIPort.kext by me.

AHCISATAFix.zip

Care to explain what kexts those are?

For me and another user, we found that after the update, for some reason the IOKitPersonalities section in Info.plist of AppleAHCIPort.kext was missing some entries. Manually re-installing AppleAHCIPort.kext from a working machine corrected the problem. (It had the full list of IOKitPersonalities)

Only AHCIPort has mods, the others are unmodified.

But just incase people can't obtain kexts from a working install, I included those.

AHCIPort has modified IOKITPersonalities in the info.plist

Some people may only need the AHCIPort.kext depending on their SATA models.

eszuruka made the other mods and they are included in iAtkos 2.0

So are you saying they are 10.5.2 versions of the kexts?

Edit: I just checked and yes they are 10.5.2 versions. Trying a working copy from 10.5.3 is probably a better first try.

(AppleAHCIPort.kext = version 1.5.1 in 10.5.3 update)

So are you saying they are 10.5.2 versions of the kexts?

Edit: I just checked and yes they are 10.5.2 versions. Trying a working copy from 10.5.3 is probably a better first try.

(AppleAHCIPort.kext = version 1.5.1 in 10.5.3 update)

Could you possibly upload working copies from 10.5.3 please?

Could you possibly upload working copies from 10.5.3 please?

I didn't think it was allowed since they are direct from OS X?

No posting of OS X files. Open source (like Darwin) drivers and kexts are allowed (and encouraged!), but OS X files are not due to copyright.

If a moderator says its OK, I will.

@Headrush: I used kalyway. Not direct OSX Files

@loonsta: Still work the way you want it, I don't see any difference between compatibility and anything that could help you in any other way lol

Incase you haven't noticed maybe, you didn't see this is FOR 10.5.3 to work.

@Headrush: I used kalyway. Not direct OSX Files

I wasn't talking about anything you posted.

Technically, even if they are from a Kalyway/iAtkos/Leo4All DVD, that doesn't mean they still aren't Apple copyrighted files.

Incase you haven't noticed maybe, you didn't see this is FOR 10.5.3 to work.

I think he was asking for the CORRECT 10.5.3 ones.

Again, old versions from 10.5.2. :censored2:

Headrush69, manually copying the iokitpersonalities section from the ones included on iatkos 2.0 dvd (which were working previously) was one of the first things I tried, still I got the same problem.

On the other hand I think the support for ich9r and other ich´s in <10.5.3 versions was done by setting some kind of pciid mask, so the exact pciid didn´t have to be set explicitly.

Do you have the 10.5.3 kext working?

I think that IOAHCIFamily is -strange- after update.

The kalyway had an Info.plist modified in /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/ and the update one loose the section :

<key>Physical Interconnect</key>

<string>SATA</string>

<key>Physical Interconnect Location</key>

<string>Internal</string>

<key>Protocol Characteristics</key>

<dict>

<string>SATA</string>

</dict>

EDIT : And that work now for me ! No more orange icons for disks. With vanilla 10.5.3 drivers files. I only have modified Info.plist file in AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIFamily, and that all. (i'm on P5WDH)

I think that IOAHCIFamily is -strange- after update.

The kalyway had an Info.plist modified in /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/ and the update one loose the section :

<string>SATA</string>

<key>Protocol Characteristics</key>

<dict>

<string>SATA</string>

</dict>

EDIT : And that work now for me ! No more orange icons for disks. With vanilla 10.5.3 drivers files. I only have modified Info.plist file in AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIFamily, and that all. (i'm on P5WDH)

Could you explain what lines have you edited and what have information are request ?

thanks in advance

this is the modified plist in IoAHCIFamilly.kext/Contents/Plugins/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/ for the fixed drive aspect. Together with the Fyr fix it is all the fix can be aplied to these kexts. Credits to Dune.

I used fyr diff with no luck, I also modified the info.plist myself based on the already working 10.5.2 kexts but this is as far as I got:

Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIFamily" cannot be found
Can't determine inmediate dependencies for extension com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort
Can't determine dependencies for coma.pple.driver.AppleAHCIPort
Couldn't alloc class "AppleAHCI"

Can anybody post the working 10.5.3 kexts ?

So there is a 10.5.3 fix yet to fix unknown ?

i'm sure you can modify the plist from AppleAHCIPort.kext to look like this, just edit everything in bbedit by choosing one of the ich descriptors (i choosed ich8) and modify names / id-s

the id for ich9 is 2923, for ich9r is 2924 ( i might be wrong about this one) - just use DCPI Manager

picture1wu4.th.png