AHCI Fix After 10.5.3 update

jivhg

80 posts in this topic

Thanks, mine is Ich8

so how can I get it to work? i never edited a plist..

i'm sure you can modify the plist from AppleAHCIPort.kext to look like this, just edit everything in bbedit by choosing one of the ich descriptors (i choosed ich8) and modify names / id-s

the id for ich9 is 2923, for ich9r is 2924 ( i might be wrong about this one) - just use DCPI Manager

picture1wu4.th.png

get BBEdit

goto /system/library/extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext right click - show package contents. Go to contents. Open info.plist with bbedit.

Use the above dcpi manager find the intel ahci controller, mine shows as 8086:2923 4 port sata ahci controller: 8086 means intel, 2923 is the device id, so in the plist put XXXX8086 where XXXX is your device id.

save, repair permissions, reboot with -f, done.

get BBEdit

goto /system/library/extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext right click - show package contents. Go to contents. Open info.plist with bbedit.

Use the above dcpi manager find the intel ahci controller, mine shows as 8086:2923 4 port sata ahci controller: 8086 means intel, 2923 is the device id, so in the plist put XXXX8086 where XXXX is your device id.

save, repair permissions, reboot with -f, done.

I've just tried that with the proper pci id for ich9r....no luck at all, same message error. Definetively it seems as if some file were missing. Again, ang again keeps saying missing dependencies...

I can only say thanks. These four .kexts have helped me. I can successfully boot with AHCI mode enabled in bios.

But I also hoped this fix would help my system profiler - after I upgraded to 10.5.3 it started to crash. What could be the problem?

I can only say thanks. These four .kexts have helped me. I can successfully boot with AHCI mode enabled in bios.

But I also hoped this fix would help my system profiler - after I upgraded to 10.5.3 it started to crash. What could be the problem?

Only two of those kexts are really neccesary, and they are from 10.5.2 version...so is not a good solution.

if this does not work, you can always try cyclonefr kexts modified with ich9 r.Sorry, can't post kexts as this is not legal. Know-how, however, is. :D

.... system profiler - after I upgraded to 10.5.3 it started to crash.
try reinstalling macnub's applesmbios.kext / change kernel

if this does not work, you can always try cyclonefr kexts modified with ich9 r.

Sorry, can't post kexts as this is not legal. Know-how, however, is. :D

That's a link for IGO GPS software. Where are the ones you talk about? Are from 10.5.3 version?

my bad, paste problem there, sorry link fixed, cyclonefr says they don't work on first post of the thread

sorry

PLEASE EDIT your post so as to remove links to the green demon (not legal)

PS: Check your messages

Ok, lets sum up

Only proper AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext are needed to get AHCI working back.

sama7896's AppleAHCIPort.kext is exactly the stock 10.5.3 one (but pci id edited).

Now the weird part (for me at least)

sama7896's IOAHCIFamily.kext is completly different from the stock 10.5.3, or at least different to the kext included in 10.5.3 combo update. For some reason the kext included in 10.5.3 combo update didn't included lots of COMPLETLY neccesary files. The only one included is IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext plugin which is the same as in sama7896 (except for sama's one has the info.plist fix for external drive icon).

The versions of the extra files non present in 10.5.3 combo update (but they should) are newer than the latest 10.5.2, so WHERE ARE THEY FROM????

I don't have a single clue about where these files came from, they are not in 10.5.3 combo update (but they should be) so, any answer? Why has Apple done this? Is a failure in their deployment?

did it work ?

Yep, I just had to modify the pci id in AppleAHCIPort.kext. But I'd really like to know where those files in IOAHCIFamily.kext came from and why they are not included in MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.3.dmg. (They were included in all previous versions, so why they are not now?)

Regards.

..But I'd really like to know where those files in IOAHCIFamily.kext came from and why they are not included in MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.3.dmg. (They were included in all previous versions, so why they are not now?)

dunno

Thank you! Jiver.

It worked wonderfully. My system boot again

Asus P5B Deluxe

Evga 7900 GT 256 MB

Leopard BrazilMac install, 10.5.3 update, Kernel 9.3.0

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !! :thumbsup_anim:

hi, I've tried modding the ioahcifamily and appleahciport to add my PCI dev Id (ich9r) on a p5k-e with absolutely no luck.get the 'still waiting for root device' the only difference after I'd done the mods was that it now tries to load ahci class twice. Don't know if that's a clue.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

matt

Yea why? It use to say it just fine in 10.5.2

this whole unknown ahci thread/fix is for ICH only ! You could modify that plist all you want it will still say unknown

Sorry

Edit : post a screenshot of dcpi manager