AHCI Fix After 10.5.3 update

jivhg

80 posts in this topic

I have a retail Leopard installation using modified Brazilmac scripts with a vanilla kernel & efi strings for audio & video. I upgraded from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 using the combo updater from Apple, and I had to use the AHCISATAFix.zip kexts found in this thread to get my system to boot. These kexts still work for 10.5.4.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I've followed the instructions of the first post, and when I reboot it just hangs on the Apple Grey Loading Screen.

Does anyone know how to get past this?

I've tried using -x -f -v, still nothing.

RUnning kalyway 10.5.2 with 10.5.3 Kalyway update

Intel P4HT//Intel 925X

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone, I have this working. It requires more than AHCI so I made a zip archive of the fix.

Just put these in the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder and execute these commands in terminal/single user mode

sudo -s

chown root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /System/Library/Extensions/iTunesPhoneDriver.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext /System/Library/Extensions/iTunesPhoneDriver.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext

Also, you will need to boot with -f

Kexts made my osX86 Turk team with IOKItPersonalities mods on AppleAHCIPort.kext by me.

Hi Jiv! I'm running a pretty stable 10.5.2 Kalyway with sleep kernel on Dell XPS 420 which I'm successfully triple booting on two Harddisks: First Vista, second XP Pro and Loopard 10.5.2. My numerous atempts to update to 10.5.3 were unsuccessful with "Still Waiting For Root device". I understand it's because of AHCI SATA driver change in 10.5.3 and beyond. Will Your AHCISataFix compilation fix my problem and enable successful updates? Note in BIOS I have two options "Raid Autodetect-IDE" and "Sata Raid". My setting is on SATA Raid and if I change it to "Raid Autodetect-IDE", I can no longer boot to Vista and XP. Please shed some light on this for me, and explain how to install Your Fix- before I update to 10.5.3 or perhaps right after and before I restart I apply Your Fix? Any Help will be gratly appreciated!!! :) Thanks. Rob.