ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

10.5.4 gives white menu's again (with HD 3850), installing white menu fix = blue screen at end of boot...

I am having the same problem. Upgraded from iatkos 10.5.2 and upgraded to Apple's 10.5.4 via package installer.

As Jimmeh above, was getting the white menu problem, and aplied the patch (from one of the stickies on this forum). And now I only get a blue screen. works okay with -x boot option, so the problem is with OpenGL/Quartz Extreme.

Isn't there a Radeon HD package for 10.5.4 like there is one for upgrading from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 on netkas' site?

@firefox

-x boots because it's Safe Mode and doesn't load the video drivers. Re: the blue screen - read the earlier posts. Several of us have experienced this. slacker22 noticed that the blue screen goes away when the display goes to sleep.

Workaround Solution: Set your display sleep to 1 minute - and leave the mouse alone for a minute once it hits that blue screen so it will go to sleep. Boot will then complete. Once you're booted your video should be perfect with QI/CE, and decent xbench scores.

It's not perfect but it works - at least for some of us.

coreyinoz

Workaround Solution: Set your display sleep to 1 minute - and leave the mouse alone for a minute once it hits that blue screen so it will go to sleep. Boot will then complete. Once you're booted your video should be perfect with QI/CE, and decent xbench scores.

I wonder if this might be because OSX on boot believes you have two monitors and set's the imaginary monitor to the main monitor. When it wakes from sleep, it realizes there's only one monitor and adjusts accordingly.

You could test this by checking if the pointer disappears off either side of the screen completely - i.e. OSX thinks it's on the twilight zone screen. If you can see any of the pointer (top bottom left right - who knows where the imaginary monitor is being placed), this is not the case, however if in any direction, the pointer disappears completely, there's an imaginary monitor there...

Patrick

@bibendum

Interesting theory, but it doesn't look like it. I can see the edge of the mouse pointer on all four boundaries of the screen. I've tried both DVI ports, but I haven't tried both at the same time - I don't have 2 monitors at home.

Either way, I'm just happy that my boot time is down from 15 minutes (or worse if I moved the mouse) to 1 minute and change.

I can live with that until some dedicated genius fixes the driver.

coreyinoz

I am having the same problem. Upgraded from iatkos 10.5.2 and upgraded to Apple's 10.5.4 via package installer.

As Jimmeh above, was getting the white menu problem, and aplied the patch (from one of the stickies on this forum). And now I only get a blue screen. works okay with -x boot option, so the problem is with OpenGL/Quartz Extreme.

Isn't there a Radeon HD package for 10.5.4 like there is one for upgrading from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 on netkas' site?

same problem here

I wonder if this might be because OSX on boot believes you have two monitors and set's the imaginary monitor to the main monitor. When it wakes from sleep, it realizes there's only one monitor and adjusts accordingly.

You could test this by checking if the pointer disappears off either side of the screen completely - i.e. OSX thinks it's on the twilight zone screen. If you can see any of the pointer (top bottom left right - who knows where the imaginary monitor is being placed), this is not the case, however if in any direction, the pointer disappears completely, there's an imaginary monitor there...

Patrick

well, I actually have two monitors, so the logic above is ruled out. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot though. I'll try the sleep trick and see what happens. I hate such hacks, but then what else can one expect on, well, a hackintosh ! :)

@firefox

-x boots because it's Safe Mode and doesn't load the video drivers. Re: the blue screen - read the earlier posts. Several of us have experienced this. slacker22 noticed that the blue screen goes away when the display goes to sleep.

coreyinoz

The sleep trick doesn't work for me :) but that is very likely because I messed with the kexts a lot after the post-10.5.4-upgrade trouble started. Is it that Safe Boot also disables AppleHDA (sound system, that is)? The sound used to work well in 10.5.2 and now that's gone too. Oh! why did I give in to the morbid desire to upgrade ??

And while I am at it, does anyone know how to get a CVS pserver working. Perhaps one can do that with Fink and have a Linux-like environment with all the /etc/xinet.d config files and the rest. I am wondering about the daemons though... But I dislike such emulation setups. After all Mac OS X is such a sturdy and beautiful system, and my motto is to always have things run natively even if that means a little bit of man page reading.

I know that Mac OS Server has all the server stuff, Apache and the likes. But then I don't see the server getting, well, hacked to run on our dear intel machines.

Comments truly appreciated.

firefox-bin

same problem here

White Menü Problem but running QE/CI or Blue Screen (looks like as 2. Monitor , but it isnt)

I think that thats a problem with the injecteions of natif for the 3850.

It is impossible (until know) to use the lastest ATIRadeonX2000.kext and X2000GlDriver (V 1.5.28) updated with 10.5.3 (10.5.4 no OpenGL updates!).

So i get the QE/CI at 3850 fixed :

- using from ATIRadeon HD only the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and X2000GlDriver (V 1.5.24) BOTH!!! some packages here are only packed with one of them > problem

- using OpenGL Framework (13.03) of ATIRadeon HD top be sure you have the lastest one (10.5.3)

- using Triakis , natit and ATIDRV.KEXT (all of that packeage)

Bild_18.jpg

White Menü Problem but running QE/CI or Blue Screen (looks like as 2. Monitor , but it isnt)

I think that thats a problem with the injecteions of natif for the 3850.

It is impossible (until know) to use the lastest ATIRadeonX2000.kext and X2000GlDriver (V 1.5.28) updated with 10.5.3 (10.5.4 no OpenGL updates!).

So i get the QE/CI at 3850 fixed :

- using from ATIRadeon HD only the ATIRadeonX2000.kext and X2000GlDriver (V 1.5.24) BOTH!!! some packages here are only packed with one of them > problem

- using OpenGL Framework (13.03) of ATIRadeon HD top be sure you have the lastest one (10.5.3)

- using Triakis , natit and ATIDRV.KEXT (all of that packeage)

will that fix the white menu problem(thats the only problem that I have)

will that fix the white menu problem(thats the only problem that I have)

Yes, white menü fix and QE/CI Fix that, using the older ATI2000GL + ATI2000 .kexts with natit+ATRDRV from triakis.

I will also try to reflash rom bios with 3870 dev id (RBE can do edit that easy, but you must have win native).

Does anyone know how to get Dual monitors to work on an HD 3650... Detect Displays button does not work.... i hooked up one HDMI to DVI Screen and One DVI monitor and Both screen show the Apple Boot Screen, but when the login Screen hits, the DVI monitor turns off and the Detect Displays button does nothing... is there something i have to edit, or does anyone know what to install to get this thing running Dual Displays? Any help would be appreciated... i have tried several things... i tried Natit drivers... BAD idea... got the crazy hidden picture screen.... had to boot in -s and delete all the drivers then reinstall... then tried the new netkas drivers... and no affect... still the same boot screen on both... logon screen one goes off.. tried DVI and VGA combo, Tried VGA and HDMI combo, tried HDMI and DVI combo... and still no luck...

Yes, white menü fix and QE/CI Fix that, using the older ATI2000GL + ATI2000 .kexts with natit+ATRDRV from triakis.

I will also try to reflash rom bios with 3870 dev id (RBE can do edit that easy, but you must have win native).

thank you, ill try it later

hello there

it seems we have identical gfx cards.

newer radeon packages based on lamna driver just wouldn't work for me either.

triakis driver however works perfectly - no fan noise or overheating.

check the link in my sig for the download.

if you're getting a "disco" screen, just boot with -x and install this driver.

:D

Thanx a lot, it worked for me 100%, with my Sapphire Radeon 3870 Gddr3 . 

Youre my Hero

Lokke

Where do i get the triakis package ,natit and ATIDRV.KEXT? I have an 3650 & the white menu problem.

I have an 3650,too.

If you have white menus problem,it means that you have triakis and natit with newest drivers from Leopard and QE CI activated.

White menus problem looks like something wrong with ATIRADEONX2000GLDRIVER.bundle.

At last,I don't know how to solve this problem.

Hi All,

I am having HEAPS of problems getting my Sapphire 3870X2 to work with QE/CI. I have tried Triakis, Natit, boot.plist edits, the works... I always end up with a problem. I have had gray screen, mac boot error screen, blue screen, "disco" screen. None of the solutions I have seen posted seem to be working for me.

I have left it at the moment with Full Res but no QE/CI.

If anyone has successfully got a Sapphire 3870X2 working then please let me know. I have a Asus P5Q Deluxe running Kalyway 10.5.4. I have tried different kernels as well.