ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

Hello.

I installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 and later updated to 10.5.3 and then I downloaded the File to be able to run my HD2600 graphics pro 256 MB. It works perfectly already been as easy as a click of a mouse.

Now I would like to update the Mac OS xa 10,5,4 but I wonder if it continued to function well for the HD2600?

Sorry for my English and thanks

Greetings

This is the exact same problem as I experience with my "Sapphire Radeon HD2400Pro". I had to remove the DVI to VGA adapter and connect my monitor direct to the VGA port on my HD2400Pro. It seems that the DVI output is totally useless with my card and this driver. After connicting my monitor to the VGA I still got a problem... my dectop bacground image showed up... but there was only this background image... no menus and not even a mouse pointer... and there was lots of HDD activity during and even after boot. First after changing graphic mode at Darwin Boot (entered: "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32") I was able to boot up normally. Then I could enter system preferences and change my display mode to 1280x1024.

Now it seems to work ok... but I really miss the DVI connector tough. And... I've discovered a problem when my monitor wakes up after display sleep mode. My monitor simply won't wake up after it sleeps. I have to unplug the powercord on my monitor and wait a few seconds before plugging it back in to wake up my monitor. This happens every time. I haven't experienced any other problems yet... but haven't testet it that much either... so I may come back with some other problems later on :lol:

Sorry for bad english and expressions... English is not my main language and I'm a totally newbee to OSx so bare with me :hysterical:

Thanks for the great work everyone :)

Keep up the good work... :)

Best regards :)

Sapphire Radeon HD2400Pro PciE

Dell 1800FP Monitor

ABIT IP35 Pro Mobo

E6400 Core2Duo

QE - Supported

For Reference

Same experience as hysteriah. Straight video card VGA output to monitor VGA intput works. No working DVI. Did not have a DVI to VGA adapter to try.

Two issues to note. Just having a DVI cable plugged into the card while in VGA mode, will cause VGA mode to corrupt until its removed. There also seems to be an issue with the monitor going to sleep and not waking after a reboot. I have to power on the monitor during the BIOS POST screen or it will not wake up even after the OS has loaded

Thanks for the files! Keep up the good work.

Hi LastExile, I saw that the driver for the HD3470 is in testing phase. I have a Vaio VGN-FW11E with this GPU, I would be very grateful to the test driver for her.

If is possible you can contact via private message ...

Thank you, carefully MacOff

For anyone who has problems shutting down with the 2600XT, use the modbin 9.4 kernel to get shutdown working normally.

modbin 9.4 cant do 64 Bit (you see it if you want to start 64 Bit geekbench) but better than shutwownproblem

Hi LastExile, I saw that the driver for the HD3470 is in testing phase. I have a Vaio VGN-FW11E with this GPU, I would be very grateful to the test driver for her.

If is possible you can contact via private message ...

Thank you, carefully MacOff

I've also got the Vaio FW and I'd like to see 3470 drivers if possible.

I, too, have an FW with the HD3470 and am dying to test the drivers.

I have 10 days to decide whether or not to keep the laptop or to return it.

Please hook me up and give me some hope that the 3470 will one day (even if it's a long ways off) be OS X compliant! :(

I too have a Vaio FW with the Radeon Mobility 3470. Here's the info I was able to pull using RivaTuner (sorry, forgot to pull it before putting Vista back on):

$ffffffffff ----------------------------------------------------------------

$ffffffffff Display adapter information

$ffffffffff ----------------------------------------------------------------

$0000000000 Description : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 Series

$0000000001 Vendor ID : 1002 (ATI)

$0000000002 Device ID : 95c4

$0000000003 Location : bus 1, device 0, function 0

$0000000004 Bus type : PCIE

$000000000f PCIE link width : 16x supported, 16x selected

$0000000009 Base address 0 : c0000000 (memory range)

$000000000a Base address 1 : 00006000 (I/O range)

$000000000b Base address 2 : d0020000 (memory range)

$000000000c Base address 3 : none

$000000000d Base address 4 : none

$000000000e Base address 5 : none

...using the existing drivers on the Kalyway 10.5.2, I get 1024x768, with no options to change resolution.

LastExile, if you need any further details or dumps, pop me a PM. I think there are a lot of us now with this particular chip - the Sony FW series is pretty popular right now due to it's price point. So whatever I can do to help, I'm here for you buddy!!!

I DESPERATELY want to keep the FW140D that I have. There is no other sub-$1000 laptop out there with a completely metal enclosure and a dedicated graphics chip like this. Plus, I really like the design. However, if OS X cannot work on it, then I will keep my MacBook.

I've got a Sapphire HD2900 PRO 512mb and iATKOS 10.5.4

With or without installer the problem stays the same. After the gray apple logo the image goes completely distorted. It looks like hundreds of little displays are distorted and collected in one. When I move my mouse I can see something moving in all parts of my display and when I hold up the power button for a few just before power off I am able to see better picture for a moment. My card has no VGA, only 2 DVI, but it doesn't matter. Even after installing hte drivers it doesn' work. How can I solve this problem?