ATI Radeon HD pkg installers 10.5.x & 10.6

lastExile

2,380 posts in this topic

any good news for hd2400xt dev id 0x94c1 ???

tested op`s driver for this one on kaly 10.5.2 and no good - had a screen full of dots on startup.

i`ve seen someone talking about flashing this card bios` - how is that?

can someone explain?

No luck with my Sapphire HD 3650 :( it bought it 3 days ago and it just arrived i have the id - 9598 card i installed the ATI Radeon HD 3650.pkg and i get the this screen http://s8.directupload.net/file/d/1468/sw33x8z7_jpg.htm <<--- not my screen/picture but once i delete the kexts file that were provided by the installer i can get back to my desktop but just dont have the res i want... (1024x768 is what its running at) does anyone know how to correct this or know the correct way to install the drivers?

Hey thesr5,

See below, one of my posts in this thread, page 8 I believe:

I just bought a Visiontek Radeon HD3650 512MB DDR2 PCIE 2.0 video card from Best Buy on sale for about $97 (normally $129) and it works very well with the installer. The only problem at first was the "white menus" issue after using installer, I solved the problem by using the software "Pacifist" to extract the files from the installer. That worked like a charm - NO MORE WHITE MENUS!

My install is Kalyway 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3 with the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update with Kalyway kernels pkg.

CI & QE working excellently with all resolutions.

In reference to my previous post above, when I first tried the driver pkg I got the same garbled screen as you did. So what I did was I shut down my system and took out the HD3650 video card and connected my monitor back to my integrated Intel GMA950 and restarted back into Leopard. Then when in Leopard I installed the ATI Radeon HD 3650.pkg

using the installer but I went a step further and used the application "Pacifist" and extracted the contents of the ATI Radeon HD 3650.pkg which defaults to the extensions folder on your system <--- this last procedure with "Pacifist" corrects the problem where you would get "white menus". I recommend also to "repair disk permissions" when finished. Then just shut down your system and reinstall your HD3650 video card, connect your monitor cable (I use vga - not sure about dvi, if works) to it and restart and you should be good to go, good luck - that's what I did :):):)

Later,

SojasMAC :D

is there any way to get an integrated HD3200 working with these drivers, or is there a driver that can make it work?

Is it an integrated "Mobility" card? If so, it seems like support for all Mobility HD cards are still a ways away.

Is it an integrated "Mobility" card? If so, it seems like support for all Mobility HD cards are still a ways away.

no it's not a mobility radeon.

its an integrated one on my gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h motherboard.

well, i finally got the graphics mode argument working at 1400x1050 with my 4850...i guess i'll just have to wait for drivers to come out for it.

any good news for hd2400xt dev id 0x94c1 ???

tested op`s driver for this one on kaly 10.5.2 and no good - had a screen full of dots on startup.

i`ve seen someone talking about flashing this card bios` - how is that?

can someone explain?

I have the HD 2400xt card, and I flashed the bios so now it thinks it's a 2400 Pro with device ID 0x94c3. The guide I followed is here: http://dalts.com/node/113 . Basically you have to boot into DOS and run the atiflash program with the bios of the 2400 Pro.

Unfortunately, even after doing this, I can't get things to work. After installing the 2400 Pro driver from this thread, my monitor just goes into standby when the driver is loaded. I've connected the monitor using the DVI-to-VGA adapter but the same thing happens. Could this be because my card has no VGA port at all, unlike the 2400 Pro?

i installed jas 10.5.2, updated to 10.5.3, booted and worked fine, installed hd3650 installer and i get a garbled screen with black and white squares (after apple logo) and various other colored dots across the screen. I can kind of see the mouse respond as more garbled up squares.

No luck with my Sapphire HD 3650 :( it bought it 3 days ago and it just arrived i have the id - 9598 card i installed the ATI Radeon HD 3650.pkg and i get the this screen http://s8.directupload.net/file/d/1468/sw33x8z7_jpg.htm <<--- not my screen/picture but once i delete the kexts file that were provided by the installer i can get back to my desktop but just dont have the res i want... (1024x768 is what its running at) does anyone know how to correct this or know the correct way to install the drivers?

my post was basically a repeat of this - i have the same problem :/

After trying SO many different OS X install dvd's I finally found a solution for my ATI Radeon 2400 HD Pro.

1. Installed kalyway 10.5.2 Leopard, completely clean i.e not adding any graphics support

2. Booted and ran 2400 Package found on this thread (using http://tinyurl.com/4prgm6 )

3. Voila, my 22" screen is running perfectly at 1680x1050x32

:)

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Hi There, I'd like to know if you connected direct from DVI or DVI->VGA convertor or direct from VGA?

Ta.

I've got a 20" as well.

---------------------------------------------

CPU: AMD socket 939 3000+

Motherboard: GA K8NF 9

LAN: Generic 10/100

WLAN: Netgear WG111v3

RAM: Generic 2 x 512MB

Harddrive: 45Gb Wester Digital

DVD-Drive: Poineer

Graphics: Gigabyte HD 2400 Pro - 256 MB (PCIe/94c3)

Monitor: 1x DELL 2007WFP 20"

Sound: On board 6 channel AC97.

i have a 2600xt and the drivers off of 10.5.3 are no problem (no need for white menu fix etc). one question, what happens if i use these drivers ? (and is there a way to roll back to the drivers off of 10.5.3 ?)

thanks !

Hi. Just wanted to share my experience with installing these drivers on leo4all v3.

I have a pci-e 2600 XT with dual dvi. Im using a dvi-vga converted for my lcd monitor. The issue I appear to have, similar to many others is a blank "blue screen" with only a mouse cursor. Ive searched the web and have found many users having a similar experience but no solution. I couldnt fix the issue but I found that if the display goes to sleep it will show my desktop. What i have done and im perfectly happy with this, i used my onboard video to get into osx and go into the energy saving menu in system properties. I then set put display to sleep after 1 minute. This way when i boot the os i only have to wait 1 minute to get my desktop.

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 512MB (95c9) and would like to join in testing.

-MacFoern

My Hackbook Pro:Samsung R60Plus (R60FS04)

CPU:Intel Core2Duo 1,8Ghz

CHIPSET:ATI RS600/SB600 Chipset

AUDIO:Realtek ALC262 Audio

RAM:4GB RAM

G/C:ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 (M72/0x94c91002) 512MB DDR3

ETHERNET:MarvelYukon 88E8039

WLAN:Atheros AR5007EG

WEBCAM:Vega 2.0 USB

HDD0:Samsung SATA 320GB (WinVista+WinDATA)

HDD1:Western Digital SATA USB2.0 500GB (OSx86+OSX86 Backup+OSx86DATA)

OSX86-DISTRO:iATKOS v4.0 (10.5.4)

SATA-Controller needs DeviceID; AUDIO working with AppleHDA-Patcher (In+Out); WLAN+LAN needs DeviceID;

PATA+WEBCAM ootb

The issue I appear to have, similar to many others is a blank "blue screen" with only a mouse cursor. Ive searched the web and have found many users having a similar experience but no solution. I couldnt fix the issue but I found that if the display goes to sleep it will show my desktop. I then set put display to sleep after 1 minute. This way when i boot the os i only have to wait 1 minute to get my desktop.

Dude - if that works, you are my hero. It makes sense, I just never thought of it. I can't wait to get home from work to try it!

Will report back if it works for HD3650 DDR2 512MB...

coreyinoz

any news on the ati mobility ?

lots of new laptops with 3450 , 3470, 3650, 3670

can people list the amount of memory, device id, chipset RV620 etc,

anybody knows the files needed to make the graphics work ?

aka, kext, smbios, opengl,..

and post what's working,... aka, external only,...what's not white menus,...

any word from netkas ?

@slacker22

It works! I've been bashing my head against the wall for weeks trying to get the blue screen to disappear quicker. What made it worse is that I'd periodically move the mouse to check if it had frozen or not - which of course made the sleep arrive all the later. Infuriating! Now that I can boot in 60 seconds, I can live with it.

Somebody buy this man a beer!

coreyinoz

@coreyinoz

Ill take a valium after dealing with this blue screen all week. The answer is simple, but hard to see when it takes so long for the computer to come up. Frustration blinds our judgement. The idea came to me after hearing so many say "after 15 minutes or so the system would come up". The thing was... mine didnt after 15 minutes. But as a strange coincidence... the wake up on my system is broken. so, shortly after the default 15 minute video sleep the system suspend would go on and when i tried to move the mouse the system wouldnt come back on. So this one time while on blue screen i witness'd my system go into video sleep and then i screamed "Damnit ###$# ##$## computer!" and banged the keyboard and sure enough video came on and i saw the os and then was like... YES!. After that I saw the settings in system preferences and put two and two together.