10.5.3 Available as an update!

176 posts in this topic

Updated my Thinkpad T42 using Kalyway's package but left the old kernel as it's SSE2. No issues other than had to replace PowerManagement Bundle for battery indicator. Hoped it might cure 5min boot time but no luck there. Think that's because I still don't have working PCMCIA.

Hope this is of some use to those using these old chuggers as so far it seems to be just SSE3.

I'm having a strange problem with this new update. Even overnight my hackintosh time is around 40 minutes slow - I have to every few hours to adjust the time and it starts falling behind very quickly!

Any solution?

Update busted my install so I said screw it. blew it away and installed 10.5.2. Shutdown and reboot doesn't work nor does sound. I applied Kalyways update without a glitch but sound/reboot/shutdown still doesn't work. Tried to apply the kext for the sound from 10.5.1 install but nothing.

My hardware specs are in my sig. Anyone have any ideas? I totally forgot how I got shutdown/reboot working before but if I can't figure it out I might just install 10.5.1 and then go to 10.5.3

Help! Premature Installation!

I'll skip the details of how, but after downloading the 10.5.3 update, it got installed on the computer without backing up anything. Now I just get the "you must restart your computer" grey screen.

Any help from this point would be appreciated! I'm running (or was) kalyway 10.5.2 on a Q6600 with the gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P mobo.

Thanks!

Those early adopters of Apple's latest major patch for Mac OS X Leopard are finding bugs with Adobe's Creative Suite 3, as well as persisting graphics glitches for MacBook portables.

source:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/05...3_graphics.html

That so called glitch caused by 10.5.3 has been around since 10.5.0 and if that is the first time they've noticed then that just goes to show you how bright some mac users are.... but I suppose if that makes Apple take a look at it quicker then great, but sadly Apple will not find that any changes they made is causing the issue... unless now it just always does that 100% of the time... before it was like 1 out 50 saves you'd get an error. Who knows how many EXTRA files we have on our file server because if this freaking error and these files are large!

Hey guys, can anyone shed some light on why my CPU is running at nearly 70 degrees? I killed the ACPIThermal.kext and of course the Kalyway installation has no CPUPowerManagement.kext. It's reall quite annoying, my fan is running at 100% on my laptop trying to keep the bugger cool!

Recently I was happily using the Kalyway Leopard 10.5.2.

After downloaded & installed the apple update "Leopard 10.5.3".

The Message " Please hold down the power button for few seconds or push the reset button to restart.

After I restart the same Message came out.

I've checked the error while booting -v command startup

something like this "no hpets available" kernel panic ...

For those who wanted to do a software update to 10.5.3,

my advice is really back it up first!!!

Terrible Nightmare!!!!!

Thank You so much for this. NVkush method now displays Chipset Model as 8800 GT in System Profiler however I have still "only" 256MB of VRAM. I tried with 512MB Info.plist but NVkush does not get loaded at startup and boot fails or sometimes loads but with basic graphics and no QE/CI Acceleration.

You might also have to make a Geforce.kext 512MB plist and also one for NVDANV50Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext. Can someone confirm this though? You may only need one in NVkush. I have no idea. If that doesn't work then you may want to give those other two methods a try. Those should help you out.

I tried Once But unsuscessfully my system froze at 20% :( ,,, Had to reinstall from TM (luckily I made a backup Before trying this) now i would like to try again but have a question in the ''devin'' tutorial when asking for password if i dont have one should i just click next and continue with the update ???

It will be nice a tutorial with some steps screenshots (just for noobs like me)

================================================================================

==============================

For Core2Duo users:

0. Always backup your /System/Library/Extensions folder first.

1. Download the 10.5.3 Combo Update from the Apple website

2. run Terminal and type:

CODE

sudo su

then type your password

then paste

CODE

while sleep 1; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext; done

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=91755....this one? itry this, but in this step i have an error: invalid property list xml inputfile './in.plist'!

Last login: Sat May 31 23:03:09 on console

rino-ms-mac-pro:~ rino11$ sudo -s

Password:

bash-3.2# cd ~/Desktop/8800GT-EFI/gfxutil/

bash-3.2# ./gfxutil -f display

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

bash-3.2# ./gfxutil -i xml -o hex ./in.plist ./out.hex

./gfxutil: invalid property list xml inputfile './in.plist'!

why this?this is my in.plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>PASTE DEVICE PATH HERE</key>

<dict>

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>

<key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@0,NVMT</key>

<data>

CwN/ICLwzyaAB7AEIAiwB9AHAADTBLMEuQQAAIDaLQkAAAABAAAAAQAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD//wAAAAAAAECz1QkBAAAAAAAAAAAI

AAAAAAAA

</data>

<key>@0,can-hot-plug</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@0,compatible</key>

<data>

TlZEQSxOVk1hYw==

</data>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<data>

ZGlzcGxheQ==

</data>

<key>@0,display-cfg</key>

<data>

AwEAAA==

</data>

<key>@0,fboffset</key>

<data>

AAAGAA==

</data>

<key>@0,name</key>

<data>

TlZEQSxEaXNwbGF5LUE=

</data>

<key>@1,can-hot-plug</key>

<data>

</data>

<key>@1,compatible</key>

<data>

TlZEQSxOVk1hYw==

</data>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<data>

ZGlzcGxheQ==

</data>

<key>@1,display-cfg</key>

<data>

//8AAQ==

</data>

<key>@1,name</key>

<data>

TlZEQSxEaXNwbGF5LUI=

</data>

<key>AAPL,EMC-Display-List</key>

<data>

AwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYQAAAbkgAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEAAAHJIAAAAAAAAA

AAAABhAAACGSAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

</data>

<key>AAPL,aux-power-connected</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>AAPL,backlight-control</key>

<data>

AAAAAA==

</data>

<key>AAPL00,Coherency</key>

<data>

AgAAAA==

</data>

<key>AAPL00,blackscreen-preferences</key>

<data>

AAAACA==

</data>

<key>AAPL01,blackscreen-preferences</key>

<data>

AAAACA==

</data>

<key>NVCAP</key>

<data>

BQAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAACwAAAAA=

</data>

<key>NVDA,Features</key>

<data>

/wJPBQ==

</data>

<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>

<data>

AAAAIA==

</data>

<key>device_type</key>

<data>

TlZEQSxQYXJlbnQ=

</data>

<key>model</key>

<data>

TlZJRElBIEdlRm9yY2UgODgwMCBHVA==

</data>

<key>rom-revision</key>

<data>

MzIzMw==

</data>

<key>subsystem-id</key>

<data>

TwUAAA==

</data>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Hi all

Managed to update my system to 10.5.3 (from a fresh install!)

Apple's graphics update no longer seemed to work so I used "agrafuese" method to the 880GT-EFI (see

[HOW to] GFX-EFI Tutorial for NVIDIA geforce 8800GT 512MB(g92)

Basically I got to the point of install apples update but instead use Pacifist to install in default location

Do a disk repair than reboot.

This worked for me!

Success updating to 10.5.3 on my GA-P35-DSR motherboard!

One GREAT thing I've got with this update is that my Bonjour started working after this update and I'm very happy! with 10.5.2 my Bonjour had the typical problem with network having TCP/IP working, but without Bonjour! I've used both on-board network card, as well as PCI GA311. With this update to 10.5.3 Bonjour finally runs and it runs great!!! :)

ok so here i'm back again with successful installation of 10.5.3 combo update.

there was a small glitch with reboot(i stuck on bsd root: )so i had to do a hard restart, then at darwin prompt hit

update -v

then after a while it rebooted itself and started normally BUT

as it states in the name of the update it's COMBO so dont expect that ur graphics or some other custom made driver hardware will work so backup the whole extensions folder just to be sure.

in my case i have to revert to my old gma950 kexts cos with the newest ones i'm stuck with 1024 and since i have a widescreen its no good:)

EDIT:

ok, after reverting to old kexts for gma950 everything is working alright.

thanks to the all people who helped to get this working:)

post-65127-1212282827_thumb.png

yeah neilist. its fishy that i went so smooth:P

anyway, i noticed (after doing all the clean up and conservation tasks in onyx- allways after major updates) after few restarts that my hackintosh is a bit faster overall. the boot time decresed by about 10secs. shutdown is almost immadiate and in my opinion the whole OS works a bit smoother. maybe JaS's installation is doing the backup and restore for you. if so, its good idea to include all the steps of the installation in one setup program:)

My upgrade also went very smooth ... but now I am noticing, that my Toast Titanium installation is broken.. when I run TT 9, the app starts in the dock, and then closes immediately after, dont get to se the app window at all.

Is there a way to se what is happening?

There are also some weird things happening with iWork.. but everything else seems to work just fine.

toast on my hack is working without any problems. you may want to check the system/application logs in console(just type console in spotlight). or maybe try downloading the newest version of toast from TPB(it may help) and reinstall. you may also try deleting the preferencies files.they are located in /users/your_login/library/preferencies/ and delete anything with roxio or toast in the file name (com.roxio.toast.plist for example).

i cannot say anything about iwork since i dont have it but you can try deleting the preferencies.

My upgrade also went very smooth ... but now I am noticing, that my Toast Titanium installation is broken.. when I run TT 9, the app starts in the dock, and then closes immediately after, dont get to se the app window at all.

This would happen in TT8 with certain DivX QT components.  Not sure if the problem remains with TT9, but it might be worth looking into.

I have TT9 on 10.5.3 without issue.

Like braveskunk said, check in Console for specific errors.

I did the update today, everything worked well, you just have to restore the custom kext you installed on your Mac. I restored my QE/CI using this method, but don't forget to restore proper permission after (sudo chmod -R 255 & sudo chown -R root:wheel,...):

For people with QE/CI problem and giving a futile retry with NVInstaller.41:

You have to use Pacifist to force replace those kexts and framework. Apparently, NVinstaller does not force delete the newest versions of kexts and framework and replace them with old ones. In pacifist, authorize yourself, then when asked, apply replace to all (choose the dont ask ask again for this installation option from the pop up window). Everything will work fine and dandy now.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=761801

I'm on an Asus P5L-VM with a GeForce 8600GT.

so if you have alot of things patched and workarounds and such. This will set everything to default? Which would be a big headache for me... im gonna have to pass on this update. It took alot of work getting wifi to work, and usb and wired network...