iATKOS v2.0i released!

150 posts in this topic

Try it, only way you will find out. Definately not stock kernel though. I will keep this uploading through the night at 300 k/s but tomorrow morning I am cutting it off. I have uploaded more than 10gb of this today so that should be more than enough for it to get going.

If you didn't notice there is a reason why people say "Little Green Fellow with Big White Teeths", or on "Jack Sparrow's favorite one".. Don't post direct links unless you want to see this site get taken down.

If you didn't notice there is a reason why people say "Little Green Fellow with Big White Teeths", or on "Jack Sparrow's favorite one".. Don't post direct links unless you want to see this site get taken down.

Thanks, I got it.

Hi, now i just download correct iso iAtkos v2.0i from demonoid and it is booting very well without problems, but my question is:

I don't know, which patches or choices I must selsct to properly install iatkos v2.0i. i am still trying different choices, but, when i installed and after restart, system does not go.

My desktop PC hardware is:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6400

MB: ASUS P5B, chipset Intel P965 + ICH8

VGA: Geforce 7600GT 256MB PCI-E x16

RAM: 2x1GB A-DATA Extreme 800+ DDR2 PC 6400

HDD: WD 160GB SATA-II.

y97kyy0c9sagwtggt5ab.jpg

:D yep. done and seeding from the demon. thanks to eskurza and team for the great stuff. thanks to iSkylla for the upload to demon -- honestly a better forum for wide distribution anyway.

:D yep. done and seeding from the demon. thanks to eskurza and team for the great stuff. thanks to iSkylla for the upload to demon -- honestly a better forum for wide distribution anyway.

wat settings did u apply?

i guess it won`t be on demon... too many 'genius' with corrupt ISOs...

damn..

Right ... who are you,and what have you ever done for OsX86 that you think your in a position to criticize me. It is a known fact that what I did, did not corrupt the iso. Try and make me a scape goat if you want but the up-loader of the two original broken isos knows the truth.

JaS

I had to install using cpus=1 and even then I had to retry several times in order for the keyboard to be seen so I could get past the registration process. Otherwise, after lots of hard restarts, install was fine!

Boot up freezes, though at

'extension com.apple.drive.appleACPIPlatform' has immediate dependences on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi compnents; use only one style

Anyone know a workaround? Generally it takes four or five attempts to get a full boot up to desktop.

is this iatkos v2 gonna fix issue on 950 gma?

I had to install using cpus=1 and even then I had to retry several times in order for the keyboard to be seen so I could get past the registration process. Otherwise, after lots of hard restarts, install was fine!

Boot up freezes, though at

'extension com.apple.drive.appleACPIPlatform' has immediate dependences on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi compnents; use only one style

Anyone know a workaround? Generally it takes four or five attempts to get a full boot up to desktop.

whats your pc specs? try idlehalt=0 ...maybe include it in boot plist

is this iatkos v2 gonna fix issue on 950 gma?

whats your pc specs? try idlehalt=0 ...maybe include it in boot plist

Laptop, Acer 4720z, intel dual core, santa rosa, gma x3100. How do I add that command? I just tried it at single user promt but the same problem persists. It has been suggested that my hardware isn't compatible but why then would it work every fourth boot or so. I know a few other people who are having the same problem but have yet to find a solution.

Laptop, Acer 4720z, intel dual core, santa rosa, gma x3100. How do I add that command? I just tried it at single user promt but the same problem persists. It has been suggested that my hardware isn't compatible but why then would it work every fourth boot or so. I know a few other people who are having the same problem but have yet to find a solution.

at boot try -v -f idlehalt=0

It didn't work, or maybe it did. At first there was no change. The second time it booted to the desktop. The third time I did it without those commands and it booted to the desktop. I am now on the fifth untouched bootup. Usually it goes back to flaking out on me and sometimes the keyboard isn't recognized. Like right now. Arrrrgh. Damn, third successive bootup the keyboard hasn't been seen. Now it's working again! It's like a very strange masochistic form of meditation. I just want it to work!

It didn't work, or maybe it did. At first there was no change. The second time it booted to the desktop. The third time I did it without those commands and it booted to the desktop. I am now on the fifth untouched bootup. Usually it goes back to flaking out on me and sometimes the keyboard isn't recognized. Like right now. Arrrrgh. Damn, third successive bootup the keyboard hasn't been seen. Now it's working again! It's like a very strange masochistic form of meditation. I just want it to work!

try both idlehalt=0 cpus=1

some acer laptops had some problem with cpu cores. i have aspire 5580, i gave up...almost same problem as you...but using that command at least it bootup but sometimes i got kernel panic..

try both idlehalt=0 cpus=1

some acer laptops had some problem with cpu cores. i have aspire 5580, i gave up...almost same problem as you...but using that command at least it bootup but sometimes i got kernel panic..

The randomness makes me think it can't be hardware or it would be consistent. On my other Acer I am using GUID, EFI, vanialla kernel, Taruga/AppleHDA and no problems at all, not even incomplete shutdown (Kalyway 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2 vanilla using Apple's update dmg and terminal, 9.2.0 kernel) I am wondering if GUID and/or Vanilla could be anything to do with it. At the weekend I will try the same setup on my 4720z, though I will need to image the hard drive first, oh joy! Any good freebies out there for doing that, ones that are 100% reliable with hfs+?

But damn it, it's a laptop, I need Speedstep or it's a pointless venture.

Just tried changing the appleACPIPlatform from someone who has an Acer 5220. No joy, though.