• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

exman

exman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
search for it on a torrent website ending with "bay".

bgrau

bgrau

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Well am pleased to say that I could install all updates including the TM/Airport one with this patched kernel.
Well done, respect and thanks to whoever did it,
it works like a charm on my P4 SSE3 HTT hpet w/ ATI x1600 AGP pro 512 MB radeon :)
in fact system is faster than ever, but i didnt test TM as I do not use it...
and i have no idea how it improved airport, airport worked fine before, and still works fine after (i have a wifi broadcom 4320 which is recognised as Airport)

long time I didn't post in here ;)

agfrg

agfrg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I installed this kernel but now I have problems shuting down my computer. Did this happened to anyone?

And my iPod refuses to connect correctly to iTunes. Going back to old 9.2.0 kernel.

patrykens

patrykens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
do I have to repair permissions before reboot ?

IDK what to do ... This kernel from "bay" doesn't work for me ... (see my specs) I've tried "terminal method" and PCWIZ kernel installer, and neither of them worked ...

What I get is constant reboot (even grey apple doesn't appear on screen) ...

exman

exman

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I am using the Kalyway ISO. I didn't have to repair permissions, but it doesn't hurt to do so.

This update fixed shutdown and USB Drive auto-mount and unmount for me. The only problem now is getting sleep to work.

TotoyMola

TotoyMola

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My digital camera wasn't detected using this kernel. i went back to 9.2.0

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts

do I have to repair permissions before reboot ?

IDK what to do ... This kernel from "bay" doesn't work for me ... (see my specs) I've tried "terminal method" and PCWIZ kernel installer, and neither of them worked ...

What I get is constant reboot (even grey apple doesn't appear on screen) ...

Yeah this is not caused by the kernel installation process itself, but its because the kernel is incompatible with your system. Just thought I'd clarify that :P

TotoyMola

TotoyMola

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It seems this kernel has usb storage problems on some systems because when i set the usb mode setting of my camera to PTP mode instead of Mass storage mode, I am able to copy the photos off my camera.

fredouille

fredouille

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

yes

thank you very much ;)

patrykens

patrykens

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Well ... I've seen somebody with iAtkos who said this kernel worked for him ... why not for me ;) ?

skierguy

skierguy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
My Ipod does not connect to Itunes with this kernel..

Serphi

Serphi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I've got some USB issues as well, my wireless mouse first stopped working but does work now when I try other ports on my laptop. My digital camera doesn't seem to show up and the same goes for my external HD.

I need to do some more extensive testing, but USB is just acting a bit weird so far lol.

rtomek

rtomek

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
my ASRock system just goes through an endless reboot. I'm back to 9.2.0 now

freejobs

freejobs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have the same issues with USB, it only works when the devices are connected before boot.
If the devices are connected later, i could initialize them by un-/loading the AppleUSBOHCI driver.

But the biggest problem with the new kernel was, that every 60 minutes the system do an hard reset.
So now I went back to the old but stable kernel.

bgrau

bgrau

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
All these problems you are quoting might be solved by installing the Time Machine update (which has a few system files related to storage and backup issues), and then replacing the kernel before rebooting by the 9.2.2 patched one.
It seems the new 9.2.2 kernel works better with the new system files that it came with in the update...
Simply putting in the kernel seems to cause some problems, but I have not tested the kernel on its own.
I installed the TM update, then copied the patched kernel before reboot, repaired permissions etc...
So far for me it works this way.
My only little moan is that it breaks the VMWare native boot from XP, but then you cant always have it all...

BiliBug

BiliBug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

My Ipod does not connect to Itunes with this kernel..

Try reinstalling ITunes. It fixed it for me.

-B

SticMAC™

SticMAC™

"Nobody likes a SmartASS"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
Ditto!!!

I also installed this it NO shuting down my computer. And No iPod connect to iTunes. Also going back to old 9.2.0 kernel

I installed this kernel but now I have problems shuting down my computer. Did this happened to anyone?

And my iPod refuses to connect correctly to iTunes. Going back to old 9.2.0 kernel.

Serphi

Serphi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

All these problems you are quoting might be solved by installing the Time Machine update (which has a few system files related to storage and backup issues), and then replacing the kernel before rebooting by the 9.2.2 patched one.

This worked, thanks! =D

SuperNet33

SuperNet33

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Were can I get the Time Machine update????

SquidCombo

SquidCombo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Is there 9.2.2 without EFI kernel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy