OS X (Intel Build) 10.4.4 Dvd Patcher

Storm2001XP

259 posts in this topic

I posted it over at the forum of our chinese friends. Just open your eyes and you will find it.

This forum is also a place where u can post links without having to fear the DMCA.

Have fun with it ;)

Edit: youll have to find your own way to the osx86 china site, sorry

This release has problems with "Your hardware configuration is not supported by Darwin/x86". Just a warning to those who're trying it. I know, cause I tried and received this error upon booting the dvd.

Same here but this error is due to the lack of SSE3 support I guess, and this hack doesn't patch the SSE3 check while booting...

This release has problems with "Your hardware configuration is not supported by Darwin/x86". Just a warning to those who're trying it. I know, cause I tried and received this error upon booting the dvd.

I have the script, but have not run it yet. So, this is pure conjecture, but I'd suspect that you could place an appropriately patched kernel into the "files" directory and it would get picked up. The one burnt to the dvd is most likely the standard one that comes with the restore dvd to begin with. I'll be testing this out within the next hours and report back...

@weeguy

did you apply the other 10.4.4 patches? i dont think it ever said it had those... it just said it made this one bootable.

Edit: wow people beat me again in posting something... I really am failing at posting today.

I posted it over at the forum of our chinese friends. Just open your eyes and you will find it.

This forum is also a place where u can post links without having to fear the DMCA.

Have fun with it ;)

Edit: youll have to find your own way to the osx86 china site, sorry

Hm so your new policy seems to be very! strict.

Ok, then use Google. It shouldn't be to complicated to find a OSX86 site in CHINA.

Hope this is allowed

This might be a stupid question but do we know if this patch even has the modded kernel or sse3 emulator in it? If not how would we add it in?

I just ran a checksum on the included mach_kernel. It is mach_kernel.all. This means it does have SSE3 emulation, but no AMD support.

So if I wanted to install this on an AMD CPU it would be in my best interest to replace the DVD's mach_kernel with a maxxuss hacked one…

I would assume that the other patches (decrypted files) are in the patch… or would this be a stupid assumption?

EDIT: the amd.zip and intel.zip ... You would think that i would have noticed that...

I forgot I had another laptop laying around with 10.4.3 on it...I'm building the image now (how long did it take others btw?)

One thing I did was to replace all the files in the i386 folder that came with the autopatch with HWNCBS' patched boot files, we'll see if that helps resolve the ss3 check on the dvd boot.

Just finished building the disk. Took around 15 minutes. Now to burn.

I'm going to be testing on two different partitions. First one will be a clean install. Then I'm going to try and see if I can upgrade 10.4.3 to 10.4.4 without reinstalling.

Thanks cavemonkey50! I'm sure many are interested in your results, including myself.