Eddie11c's Leo4Allv2: PPF 2 Discussion Thread (Latest release) / 10.5.2

WinLinMac01

223 posts in this topic

SiS Device ID's are hard coded inside their kext. I don't know if yours is compatible or not, but if it is I have fixed an issue with it in the upcoming release. If you can wait I will contact you later in the week for a direct download/test of it.

Any news on this one eddie?

Installed Leo4All 10.5.2 v2 on my hack. Installation process works fine. Got Audio and video directly. Did some modification in IONetworkingfamily.kext and got network too. All work almost flawlessly, but one (small, I hope) problem:

Tons of warning SUID's and ACL's in permission repairs. More then in Kalyway 10.5.1 and much much more then in ToH, upgraded to 10.5.2.

I am a little worried about the problems are localised in the frameworks and CoreServices folders. Initially that is not a big deal, but after 1-2 months the problems appears: applications crashes, finder freezes etc.

Exist a way to apply chown and chmod in this? What are the parameters?

In conclusion, I want to mention this is the fastest and almost complete LeopardX86 installation I used ever. Keep it up!

These issues have been fixed, I rebuilt all files from scratch so no more SUID errors(well sometimes 1 on AMD's), although they are nothing to worry about. This issue comes from the upgrade process and is quite common when the base filesystem is not 10.5.2. This was my main reason to rebuild it all from scratch.

Installed this over the weekend, installs ok, most hardware works after getting proper kexts, but boot time is between 7 & 8 minutes.

Hardware: Asus Z71V laptop, Intel 915 chipset/Intel Pentium M CPU, 2 Gig RAM, Nvidia 6600 GO graphics, Realtek 880C sound.

Any ideas?

This is replacing Kalyway 10.5.1, (clean install) as the Kaly 10.5.2 installer won't boot.

Kaly 10.5.1 booted up in about a minute.

I did not specify any chipset. The machine is using Intel 915, and I didn't see that listed among the install choices, so I did not select any.

Is there one I should have used? And if so, how do I or can I change it at this point?

Thanks!

[edit] Additional info from the system logger: Note the 4+ min. gap at 22:16:38

After this section, seems to boot normally.

Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce
Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer: Busy services :
Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer:   M7V		[1]
Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer:   M7V	   /AppleACPIPlatformExpert [1]
Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer:   M7V	   /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0 [1]
Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer:   M7V	   /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI [1]
Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer:   M7V	   /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P1@1E [1]
Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer:   M7V	   /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P1@1E/IOPCI2PCIBridge [2]
Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer:   M7V	   /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P1@1E/IOPCI2PCIBridge/CBS0@1 [1]
Apr 15 22:16:38 jeanette configd[32]: InterfaceNamer:   M7V	   /AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/P0P1@1E/IOPCI2PCIBridge/CBS1@1,1 [1]
Apr 15 22:20:52 jeanette /usr/libexec/hidd[52]: Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet 
Apr 15 22:20:52 jeanette /usr/libexec/hidd[52]: IOHIDEventQueueCreate: Unable to allocate queue memory from IOHIDSystem. (0x10000003) 
Apr 15 22:20:52 jeanette WindowServer[70]: Unable to create event queue via hidd: (0xe00002bd)

Edited by Annoid

I will download later tonight.

Did you fix the issue with the nForce560 / mpc67 chipsets not letting the Disk Utility see the Sata/Ide disks? This an issue I'm suffereing from. I forgot to add that your last release was fantastic (:

Sorry your topic got so large it was hard to follow (:

0x055010de & 0x056010de for me (:

Well 0x005610de was not originally in the AppleNforce. I have since added it, so hopefully that fixes it for you. But there are other issues related to kernel panics some people get with AppleNforce even though they are using an Nforce board. This is where I am trying to figure out a way around it.

hi when installing leo4all 10.5.2 i get the following message

Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_Platform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only on style

specs:

dell latitude d530

c2d 2Ghz

1.5 Gb ram

intel GM956 onboard graphics

WM3945ABG wireless

Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit ethernet controller

Hi there, I have been noticing that that if I have Leopard on two partitions, sometimes it takes two or or more attempts to boot into either. I thought it was some quirk to do with Kalway but I have been finding it with leo4all, also, or at least one of the partitions is Kaly and the other Leo but still the same problem at bootup. Is anyone else having this problem? I need to study the messages in verbose mode but I noticed today that ACPIPS2Nub features,

Eddie, could I use Pacifist in a vmware install of tiger to install Leo4All to a physical drive? I still can't get it to get past the blue screen so I was going to try other methods. You have come the closest with your release so I trust you are the best person to ask about my computer.

Thanks a million

hey guys where can i get Eddie11c's leo4allv2 from?

any link where i can get it?

i tried to go to the b ay but the link is down, it says a 503 error, pls can some1 give me another site or something i really want to try this version!!!!

In theory it should work, I have not tested that method.

I tried it and everything went ok but when I try to boot from the harddrive it continually reboots itself after loading all of the kexts. I had to install the packages individually because if I tried to do them all at once, the vm would lock up so I don't know if that would mess anything up.

So you can't install via OSInstall.mpkg in VMWare? The packages are not meant to be run without the installer. Alot of them rely on "$3" for install location, but won't get that variable when run seperately. Alot of the packages were built with Iceberg, which does not use this method.

Well when I tried it with xp x86 it locked up and used like all of the memory, but then I tired it in x64 and it was a whole lot faster. I haven't tired installing the OSinstall.mpkg under x64.

Quick question, which OSintall.mpkg do you mean? Because I think there is the one large package that has all the other packages in it and then there is another one inside of OSinstall.mpkg that is also labeled OSinstall.mpkg if I am not mistaken but it is like 0kb.

Check this out. Please report back if it works, was a problem with a file in the time machine update I think causing the problem.

Hi Eddie,

I think you are talking about some bug in time machine fix here, Can you please explain as i am asking you this question in your other post, My time machine worked with Leo4allv1 but now with V2 its not working