Testers needed for a new JaS OsX86 10.5.2 Intel SSE2 SSE3 release !

JaS

322 posts in this topic

Okay guy I just got in and am checking my pms now. I will send a response to everyone that sent me a pm and let them know if I can use them as a tester or not.

What about AMD support..Is it possible to add AMD support from Zephyroths into your release?
Well I wont be adding in anyones update pkg, tho I will make an amd install for 10.5.2 and add it into the current iso once I have the Intel side working proper. I want to be able to focus on one then the other.JaSP.S I have 20+ pms to go through so it may take me a while to send potential testers a response. If you pm'ed me I will get to you tonight just hang in there :blink:

JaS,

when you are ready to do testing on AMD systems please let me know, I would love to test it as i haven't had any success with 10.5.2 on my AMD rig but I do have 10.5.1 running well

AMD system:

Asus a8n-sli se - nForce 4 Chipset

AMD Athlon64 3800+ sse3

Nvidia gForce 6600GT 128Mb

Welcome back JaS. :)

i pm u yesterday ...but no response...well, i see u tonight in irc, ok? i have some ideas too, finally i think we can work together . ( osxserver addicted :) )

Greetzz from Brazil my brow.

Hi JAS,

first of all thank you very much for the fun and sun you bring with your work. :) We should have more people from your kind.

I would like to be a tester for your project also. I was already using 10.4.10 on my Laptop Asus A6Jc and it worked perfectly.

Now I have an Asus X52SA-AS116C with Core 2 Duo T9300 Penryn Processor and its not possible to install one version of a Leopard x86.

Its hanging always when the "MAC Framework installed successfully message" is coming.

I would like to help as a tester to find a solution for this problem, that you can maybe help me and all the other people who have the same problem.

Thank you very much :) with sending you a lot of power for your work from Germany

Datasheet:

Asus X52SA-AS116C

Motherboard: F3SA

MB Chipset:Intel GM965 Express

FSB: 800

Ram: 3072

Sound: Onboard Realtek High Dedfinition Audio

Graphics: ATI Mobolity Radeon HD 2600 with 512 MB

Harddisc: Seagate ST9250827AS 5400 RPM 250 GB SATA

HD / DVD Drive: Toshiba TS-L802A

Wireless Module: Intel 4965AGN

Bluetooth Module: Asus BT-183

Network Adapter: Atansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T Controller

JaS, i am a big fan. i would like to test this on an advent 7087 laptop, through VMWare to native, and a regular native install.

Your AMD/Intel 10.4.8 is the most reliable DVD that works for me, and i get it to install, fully in about 20 minutes :D

I would love to test this for you.

I f you need a place to host this on, i can dump it on a server i have access to.

PM, me, i always go by Think Mark now ;)

Think Mark

EDIT: Also, when you ready i can test an AMD version on my rig too :D

i do one day plan to put my specs in my sig :P

hey when are you Slated for AMD? lol. thanx =)

I installed your new Leo DVD today with EFI and 2 partitions GUID. The second is for your iso for quick install and updates Install went ok- but I had no network and gforce. I think it would be easier to install with a better preview for the drivers and patches e.g. EFI, Vanilla in one package.-but mainpoint is: quick install of 10.5.2 in less than 20 minutes. Congratulation!! Well done. The rest will come with ppf.

Wellcome back, JaS!

We've miss you, and realy need your new release!

This would be greate to be the tester of your new project!

I have Acer Travel Mate 2410:

CPU Type - Mobile Intel Celeron M 370, 1500 MHz (15 x 100) SSE2 only

Motherboard Chipset Mobile Intel Alviso-G i910GML

System Memory 1014 MB (DDR2 SDRAM)

BIOS Type Phoenix (09/26/05)

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family (224 MB)

3D Accelerator Intel GMA 900

Audio Adapter Realtek ALC655 @ Intel 82801FBM ICH6-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [b-1]

IDE Controller Intel® 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Disk Drive ST9120822A (120 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)

Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD-7543A

Work fine iAtkos R2, Kalyway 10.5.1, Update 10.5.2 from Kalyway without QE/CI for GMA900

I would be glad to test your new release!

I installed your new Leo DVD today with EFI and 2 partitions GUID. The second is for your iso for quick install and updates Install went ok- but I had no network and gforce. I think it would be easier to install with a better preview for the drivers and patches e.g. EFI, Vanilla in one package.-but mainpoint is: quick install of 10.5.2 in less than 20 minutes. Congratulation!! Well done. The rest will come with ppf.

This was a first release to get the dvd installing and making the hdd bootable + get the user to the desktop. So it seems I covered all those points. I will be adding in more hardware support once I have the a installed / was bootable to the desktop post install for all partition types. I thought you knew this tho as you are already a tester lol. Thanks for the report but all beta reports are to be sent to my in pm here on the forum or on irc. please to not post any issues / info about the state of the beta. Let me handle that :)

Also I have been sick today so I am a bit slack on getting to the people that pm'ed me about testing today, sorry about that. I will get to you guys tonight. Also I have had other success stories for efi and guid mbr. Depending on how the rest of the reports go I might be moving on to adding in support packages for a wide range of hardware sometime tonight.

Well right now I am having a problem with the testers, So I am not sure I will continue with the testing program. So far every tester that has downloaded the test install has hit and run on the torrent and also the testers are not posting back info about the install, just saying it worked and then they are gone.

So I will need to decide what I am going to do. tho I can not test under these conditions.

BETA TESTING IS NOT A CHANCE TO GET A WORKNG INSTALLATION OF 10.5.2 FOR YOURSELF.IT IS TO HELP GET A WORKING INSTALLATION READY FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC!

So until I have some reports from the testers I already set up with the install dvd, I will not be taking any more request to join the group.

Well right now I am having a problem with the testers, So I am not sure I will continue with the testing program. So far every tester that has downloaded the test install has hit and run on the torrent and also the testers are not posting back info about the install, just saying it worked and then they are gone.

So I will need to decide what I am going to do. tho I can not test under these conditions.

BETA TESTING IS NOT A CHANCE TO GET A WORKNG INSTALLATION OF 10.5.2 FOR YOURSELF.IT IS TO HELP GET A WORKING INSTALLATION READY FOR THE GENERAL PUBLIC!

So until I have some reports from the testers I already set up with the install dvd, I will not be taking any more request to join the group.

Shame on THEM!!!

I agree with you JaS, the agreement was to help by seeding the torrent as well, I am still 2 days until complete download so I wont have any data for you until dl'd.. only one seeder...