The 99% sure way to fix SoundMax Sound (ATTENTION UPDATED AS OF 11/24/07)

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

Ashgotti

Ashgotti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
I've tried almost all the soundmax fixes with no avail, i've replace my appleac97audio.kext with all the diff versions and nothing. gonna retry this one, in the meantime any tips?

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

Super l33t T3H HaX0r ARE YOU? WELL..I can..umm..HaX your Tires?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

I've tried almost all the soundmax fixes with no avail, i've replace my appleac97audio.kext with all the diff versions and nothing. gonna retry this one, in the meantime any tips?

sadly other than waht is in my tutorial i cant think of much else unless your getting a error message.

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
as i do have the driver loaded and dont have sound, and cant choose 6 speakers i guess im dead :sorcerer: too bad
i may have a workaround if u find which file is linked to 3 and 6 into configuration then we use ur file :D

Ashgotti

Ashgotti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

sadly other than waht is in my tutorial i cant think of much else unless your getting a error message.

this is awesome! i booted into osx to play around with fixing it a bit more and I noticed i had a volume icon in the tray and then i got the slider and sound!

i was playing around with the voice recognition, thing is amazing!

thanks guys. i just got an atheros card off ebay so when i get that i'll have wifi!

last thing is my vid, i have opengl fixed and movie playback with vlc is fine but if i make it fullscreen, it lags.

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

this is awesome! i booted into osx to play around with fixing it a bit more and I noticed i had a volume icon in the tray and then i got the slider and sound!

i was playing around with the voice recognition, thing is amazing!

thanks guys. i just got an atheros card off ebay so when i get that i'll have wifi!

last thing is my vid, i have opengl fixed and movie playback with vlc is fine but if i make it fullscreen, it lags.

so my Tut. helped?

arieltools

arieltools

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having exactly the same problem.

SigmaTel HDA
Vendor: 8384
Device: 7690

PC: Acer Travelmate 3000

Some helps??

PS: It would be interesting to update the wiki also with al this findings, huh? :(

as i do have the driver loaded and dont have sound, and cant choose 6 speakers i guess im dead :( too bad
i may have a workaround if u find which file is linked to 3 and 6 into configuration then we use ur file :)

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

I'm having exactly the same problem.

SigmaTel HDA
Vendor: 8384
Device: 7690

PC: Acer Travelmate 3000

Some helps??
PS: It would be interesting to update the wiki also with al this findings, huh? :(

well give me a little more time folks, im trying to figure out how to solve this problem seeing as how not even replacing the kext is helping you. just know that im not ignoring you all. im also having alittle problem with my version of osx86. its not loading properly so i cant acess at the moment. sorry guys! Im workin on it! (ive also written a few people that have much more knowledge than I, to see if they could lend a hand)

Update:bad IDE cable so i dont have the option of booting to the osx drive at the moment. gotta go get a new one so ittll be close to a week.....@_@ GAH! sorry guys
***Update on the update***: I ordered the ribbon cabel...dhl says it should be here in 3 days...well see @_@.

miejas

miejas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Installed "your" kext, loaded perfectly (no errors), reboot, kext is not loaded and (quite obviously) sound is not working. :thumbsdown_anim:
I've tried a lot of modified kexts now, but still with no result. Any idea?

btw: it's an AD1986A; running 10.4.5

edit: nevermind, what pci soundcard DOES work? (6 channels is possible)

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Installed "your" kext, loaded perfectly (no errors), reboot, kext is not loaded and (quite obviously) sound is not working. :D
I've tried a lot of modified kexts now, but still with no result. Any idea?

btw: it's an AD1986A; running 10.4.5

edit: nevermind, what pci soundcard DOES work? (6 channels is possible)

any soundmax card will work. and btw my instuctions were only tested on 10.4.3 not.5 so im not sure itll work but in theory it should. you may need a special kext

cysmac

cysmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
dear all,

i get this message, somebody help:

kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext: no such bundle file exists
can't add kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

miejas

miejas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

...(file access/permissions)...

Can't we make a sticky out of this?

open terminal
sudo -s
enter password if asked
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/<drivername>.kext
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensios/<drivername>.kext

kextload it agian, should work.

cysmac

cysmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi..

thanks for your help, it really work, now i restart my system and go to midi setup,
from the drop down i could only choose 2ch-16bit,2ch-20bit,2ch-24bit, there don't have6ch-16bit..so how is the next step, need help, pls..

miejas

miejas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

so how is the next step, need help, pls..

The answer to your question lies beneath the words in this very thread...
I suggest you read it!

cysmac

cysmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi..i am here again, i can hear sounds now, thanks alot to all of you,...
but the problem is i can use it for a whole day with sound,listen music,watching movie...but just after a reboot...the sound not work again...there don't have any device inside sysem preferences/sound/output/?

somebody has the same problem?

Ashgotti

Ashgotti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
i upgraded to 10.4.6 and of course it broke my sound, once again the step by step fixed my sound. excellent guide. much much appriciated.

btw, for the kext just google "appleac97audio.kext macgirl" :)

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

i upgraded to 10.4.6 and of course it broke my sound, once again the step by step fixed my sound. excellent guide. much much appriciated.

btw, for the kext just google "appleac97audio.kext macgirl" :censored2:

ORRR u could just use the link that i gave IN MY POST linking to the thread with the kext in it ^_-. its like the 5th post down. @_@ lol

Ashgotti

Ashgotti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
oh didnt see it hah. anyways thanks again :censored2:

Grav3Mind

Grav3Mind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

oh didnt see it hah. anyways thanks again ;)

lol its all good ^_-. just makin sure people knew :censored2:

nitephyre

nitephyre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

nitephyre:~ root# kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext
kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext appears to be valid
8IOUSBNub is not compatible with its superclass, 9IOService superclass changed?
kextload: a link/load error occured for kernel extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext
load failed for extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAC97Audio.kext
(run kextload with -t for diagnostic output)

Followed instructions, and this is what i'm getting..
Any Ideas?

Cheers :whistle:

**EDIT**

nevermind, it works now WOO HOO..

now to just get my zBoard & MX1000 working and i'll be happy as a pig in poop :)

Ashgotti

Ashgotti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
i used this method on the ps2controller.kext and now i have keyboard, trackpad, and sound thanks to this thread :D can anyone say full working system?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy