• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Gabotron

Gabotron

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Theres a reason why you "dont have free speech here". Quit posting obnoxious {censored} and get your feet back on earth.

Forceman

Forceman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Then you're not very good at reading. And the current 'cool thing' to do is praise Apple and buy Macs and iPhones (which both happen to be great, but flawed in terms of features to price).

If cool gets you money then why not, it's not just Apple users that think this, any person that may think Apple productions are cool will.

I wish people would just get over the price thing, you should know buy now how Apple work, you know it's not going to be cheap with Apple, but like other manufactures you know they are not as well just like Nike and all the other brands that charge more. If you want a Apple product you pay for it all right so just live with that fact or dont bother at all.

Paranoid Marvin

Paranoid Marvin

Insanely Around Sometimes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Two words: Nintendo Wii.

End Of Discussion.

I'll drink to that!

dark4181

dark4181

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Interests:cars and computers
+1 for teh Wii

Super Mario Galaxy > all (released games)

Numberzz

Numberzz

Resident iPhone Expert

• Retired
  • 3,452 posts

Then you're not very good at reading. And the current 'cool thing' to do is praise Apple and buy Macs and iPhones (which both happen to be great, but flawed in terms of features to price).

Do you think that the TV take 2 is overpriced(the hardware)?

ZdProjects

ZdProjects

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Rather than respond to everyone who thinks xbox360 is a good piece of engineering, it has a 19% failure rate which is very poor indeed.

First of all, I'm not a Apple Cultist. The 360 is a badly engineered console though. My cousins burnt out and I've been fixing it. When you take it apart, you (or at least me) can tell that is was quickly and badly designed. I've known so many people who have had problems with their 360s. Another thing is, when i took the heatsink off of the 360; the TIM seemed was like dried gum. That shouldn't be like that just for new system builders.

Thao

Thao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

All I read was:

Blah Blah Blah I wanna cry about Apple because it's the cool thing to do.

Now to be honest, Microsoft crying is in too.

The funny thing is, this clip of the article directly applies to you, my friend.

I could go on, but you get the point. Hell, I lost most of the real Mac cultists on the first page. They've already snorted at my experiences with, well, them and have fired off an angry "you're a biased shill that obviously doesn't get it" email to me. Ironically, this only proved my point.

Welshkiwi

Welshkiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Do you actually own an XBox 360? If so, what games have you played? The XBox 360 controller is among the most comfortable I've ever used. Xbox 360 specs are certainly not poor either so what exactly makes it a "{censored} piece of engineering"?.

This isn't about Microsoft, it's about the irrational behaviour and ignorance of a very prevalent population of Apple consumers, A.K.A. fanboys. Microsoft is bashed enough as it is. This is about Apple's shortcomings, which brings to light that it is not the near impeccable company the fanboys make it out to be.

This is a closed and pessimistic view of the world, and really only reflects the nature of the person upholding this view.

I own an Xbox 360 (don`t own a Mac --- yet) but yes, it is a {censored} piece of engineering. Within 8 months it crpaped out on me. The hallowed RROD struck me. MS relaly don;t know whow to create hardware.

However, the 360 controller. Yes, this IS a piece of beauty. Its comfortable in your hands and just feels right. Having the left joystick staggered is so much more comfortable than the crappy PS3 controller (or PSX, PS2). But, I am very happy with my 360. Lots of great games to play. And when i get my Macbook Pro..i`ll be one happy(er) chappie :)

apowerr

apowerr

InsanelyMac Deity

• Retired
  • 1,875 posts

I wish people would just get over the price thing, you should know buy now how Apple work, you know it's not going to be cheap with Apple, but like other manufactures you know they are not as well just like Nike and all the other brands that charge more. If you want a Apple product you pay for it all right so just live with that fact or dont bother at all.

If you knew how Apple worked, you'd realize you couldn't compare them to Nike. If you compare Nikes to Pumas or another breaker, the shoes are different, and share no similiar parts (maybe materials from the same factories). Compare a Mac to a PC, however, and you'll see that the Mac has much of the same hardware, yet costs more. You can't argue that, it's fact and I can link you to several threads on Insanely about it.

Do you think that the Apple TV take 2 is overpriced(the hardware)?

No, and theres nothing to directly compare it to except for media center extenders. The Apple TV competes well with other extenders, especially now that you can use iTunes from it.

HacOSXuser

HacOSXuser

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
i think the apple tv is a great, and revolutionary thing. I think the iPhone is a great, revolutionary device. and im in love with every apple computer. BUT. I own an xbox 360, oh yeah and a little windows pc i have sitting in the corner over there.
The Point is. I think apple makes great products. do they over price them? not really. look at an iMac. and look at any Dell XPS desktop you want to. Which one looks cooler sitting on your desk? Exactly.
but, im not anti-Microsoft. i think its all about preferences. i prefer a mac over a pc. i just like the simplicity, and easy applications. but people like windows, for the vast variety of programs.
So, stop arguing over which one is better, and realize everyone likes their own things.
for example. I PREFER the Lancer Evolution IX over a BMW 335Xi, but that doesn't mean everyone does.

bestestever

bestestever

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Computers!
eh.. ok?

SDRacer48

SDRacer48

Air Cody...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Duh! Computers. And my wonderful wife.
love my pc

love the macs I have had

love my xbox 360

love my wii

and of course...

really love my wife

:) let's be friends

Forceman

Forceman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

If you knew how Apple worked, you'd realize you couldn't compare them to Nike. If you compare Nikes to Pumas or another breaker, the shoes are different, and share no similiar parts (maybe materials from the same factories). Compare a Mac to a PC, however, and you'll see that the Mac has much of the same hardware, yet costs more. You can't argue that, it's fact and I can link you to several threads on Insanely about it.

No, and theres nothing to directly compare it to except for media center extenders. The Apple TV competes well with other extenders, especially now that you can use iTunes from it.

Nike was just a example, it's not comparing Apple with them, Apple charge for their design, design cost more rather than a PC which barely has any good design at all. Apple components are the same just like others who charge more in the same situation, how would you know about Apples costs production methods and design and since when did a PC fit into a screen like a iMac and get it for half the price?

borisbadenov

borisbadenov

InsanelyMac Sage

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
I, too, grew up using the early Apples. I am no nOOb when it comes to them. And of this article, I think it is spot on. Good work.

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Your moma.
EDIT: i removed my reply because it was very inappropriate. sorry.

Think Mark

Dainix

Dainix

Level 12 Warmage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:15% APR for three years. After that, it's 20%.
The article is definitely accurate, but it doesn't apply only to Apple users. Microsoft, Linux, Nintendo, Sony, Toshiba, Samsung, etc. It doesn't matter what company it is. It'll always have a group of followers that try to skew everyone's mindset with their bias opinions.

Wow, that sounds a lot like religion...

As for the consoles. For online gaming, the 360 is perfect. For pretty games, use the PS3 (God of War III will be excellent on that console). For party games, the Wii is works wonders, though if they want to compete with newer consoles, Nintendo has to up the ante on graphics and performance in their next console.

HeyItsBattleKid

HeyItsBattleKid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
The xbox 360 doesn't suck, there are parts of it that do suck. Microsoft doesn't suck, but there are parts of it that do suck. If something was absolutely sucky, I don't think we would have any fans of the entity. The first 360 dvd drive, just as it was for the original xbox, is a {censored} component. The 360s heat problem was a big problem, seeing as it unsoldered many of the connections around the GPU. I just am disappointed in how Microsoft handled the problem originally, which they have now fixed and done well (unfortunately for me, they did it at a bad time).

As for Macs I'm planning on getting a Hackintosh so I don't really have Macphobia. I just hope Apple becomes a more competitive company against Microsoft in the coming years.

Apple charge for their design, design cost more rather than a PC which barely has any good design at all.

Forceman, which PC design are you referring too? I'll most likely agree but I'm just curious, did you have a pic or something?

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Your moma.
;) :offtopic: :offtopic:

Think Mark

Forceman

Forceman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

The xbox 360 doesn't suck, there are parts of it that do suck. Microsoft doesn't suck, but there are parts of it that do suck. If something was absolutely sucky, I don't think we would have any fans of the entity. The first 360 dvd drive, just as it was for the original xbox, is a {censored} component. The 360s heat problem was a big problem, seeing as it unsoldered many of the connections around the GPU. I just am disappointed in how Microsoft handled the problem originally, which they have now fixed and done well (unfortunately for me, they did it at a bad time).

As for Macs I'm planning on getting a Hackintosh so I don't really have Macphobia. I just hope Apple becomes a more competitive company against Microsoft in the coming years.
Forceman, which PC design are you referring too? I'll most likely agree but I'm just curious, did you have a pic or something?

Well, the OEM PC's come in cheap boxes, yes you can get nice PC cases but they cost you just like Mac's do and I don't see any PC designed so nicely in the back of a screen like iMac's.

So for slightly more than half price of a iMac you get this {censored} http://www.packardbe...116001-802.html

Posted Image

You can tell it's junk, even the picture looks like it's thrown together.

HeyItsBattleKid

HeyItsBattleKid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Agreeable, Alienware (if you like their cases), Velocity, Falcon, etc. will put you back as much as a mac would and the designs are questionable. The only reason I've stuck strictly to PC is because I've been building my own PCs since I've learned the difference between RAM space and Hard Drive space (you don't want to know the story cause I used to be an absolute tard when it came to computers). Now that I've found this Hackintosh realm, I can finally become more familiar with Macs (specifically Final Cut).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy