kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate on "The Bay"

theotheo

326 posts in this topic

Kalyway 10.5.2 Update + Kernel + Graphics Update

Very positive results to report after the Kalyway updates. I started with Kalyway 10.5.1 and upgraded to 10.5.2 using the Kalyway TPB package. Only problem was having the black screen for a few minutes. Next I installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 Kernel pack (using the modified kernel) AND the Graphics Update Package. Rebooted and everything is working great (except sleep and that never has for me, way too many USB devices). Even better the minutes long black screen wait is now gone.

This is all using the desktop specs in my sig. Laptop will be tomorrow's project.

Foodie: Have you noticed any performance differences, good or bad? What are your XBench scores before and after?

And, is your system profiler reading your system accurately? (Some people in other threads have mentioned an issue with system profiler reading CPU speed and other things wrong after they used other methods--not Kaly--to update.)

Foodie: Have you noticed any performance differences, good or bad? What are your XBench scores before and after?

And, is your system profiler reading your system accurately? (Some people in other threads have mentioned an issue with system profiler reading CPU speed and other things wrong after they used other methods--not Kaly--to update.)

Well, it's hard to measure performance because everything was running great to begin with, but I've noticed that the Stacks now seem "snappier" than before, but overall the performance seems to be about the same. I haven't ran XBench before OR after the install, so I can't answer to that one.

About my System Profiler, everything is detected perfectly. 2.2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM, etc etc. It was basically a smooth and perfectly uneventful transition from 10.5.1 to 10.5.2. Mind you, I have not installed the Graphics Update yet, because I'm not sure if my ASUS 7300GS 256Mb will still work after it or not. Until I get some sort of confirmation, I probably won't install it either. (Or at least an easy and fast way to rollback to BEFORE installing the Graphics Update).

EDIT: I ran Xbench on my system, and the Result is 133.93. Hope that helps

Everything works here :

Installed kalyway_hack_10.5.2ComboUpdate + kalyway_10.5.2_kernels.mpkg (vanilla kernal) + Apple Graphics Update

thanks kaly for the latest update !!

here are my system configuration:

Abit IP35-E (Bios CPU Feature Setting : all disable except execute disable bit)

Intel DC 2140 @ 3.2GHz (1.400v) (About this mac show : Intel Core 2 Dual 3.2GHz, Software : Mac Pro)

1 GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (1:1)

Seagate 160GB sata2 8m 7200.10 @ 1st SATA port (ICH9) (OSX Install only)

Seagate 320GB sata2 16m 7200.10 @ 2nd SATA port (ICH9) (storage)

Lite-On DVD-RW @ 3rd SATA port (ICH9)

Graphics : nvidia GF 7600GT

Sound : MAYA44 USB (On-Board sound disable via bios)

LAN : Work out the box

kalyway 10.5.1 dvd customized install :

Selected Features (No SSE2):

-Vanilla Kernel + ACPI Fix

-Natit nvidia

-EFI MBR (if use GUID boot error, even make partition to guid)

installed the hacked update - fine.

installed the vanilla kernel - fine.

I'm afraid to let SU do the graphics update, though. Someone's mentioned GMA950-support going dead with it. Anyone have any info about that? What exactly would I have to backup and bring back should the update kill my graphics?

It worked on a Core 2 Duo with the Vanilla kernel. Only problem I had was that NVInject didn't initialize my display afterwards.

Had to run

rm -R /System/Library/Extension/NVinject.kext

from single user mode to get video, then reinstalled NVInject once booted. If you're getting a black screen on boot I'd really recommend trying this.

I installed the video update, it didn't start supporting my 7600 GS though. It probably would have also hosed my NVInject install though.

Using the instructions below it works with GMA-950 and core 2 duo. Applied graphics update from apple and had no problems.

1) Use the hacked combo kalyway installer to update to 10.5.2

2) Reboot and repair permissions.

3) Install the new kernel with Kalyway's kernel package.

4) Reboot.

5) Do the graphics update from apple.

However did notice one problem after graphics update. I only have one option in the display settings and that is 1024X768 which is what I was currently running at.

UPDATE: problems also with using the share screen feature to log into it. Causes crash. Looks like time to restore.

Using the instructions below it works with GMA-950 and core 2 duo. Applied graphics update from apple and had no problems.

1) Use the hacked combo kalyway installer to update to 10.5.2

2) Reboot and repair permissions.

3) Install the new kernel with Kalyway's kernel package.

4) Reboot.

5) Do the graphics update from apple.

Did u have the Vanilla kernel installed?