• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

apple apple

apple apple

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I'm an Apple guy, and I embrace osx86. Though I feel a little bad... like I'm taking money from Apple. Not enough to stop mind you, but still.

invisiblesurfer

invisiblesurfer

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
I recently purchased a i7 - ex58 combo with some ram and stuff. Cost me EUR 750.00

I considered a little mac mini (over the iMac which would be a more reasonable choice), for the sole reason that I already have a stunning 24" monitor that I don't wanna part.

Anyway the thing here is that the mac mini costs exactly the same with my build, only it is 3 years behind in terms of hardware. Why on earth would one get the mini (or the iMac for that matter), when the hackintoshes have gscores in the low-mid 10k and one can always fall back to winblows if the siht hits the fan.

Ok, looks are important, ease of use is important (although with kakewalk this isn't much of an issue right now), but are these factors as important as to paying top dollar for equipment that under-performs compared to $150-worth i7's?

AudioJunk

AudioJunk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
i ve had a powerbook for the last 5 years. i loved it but i do not want to spend another 2k for a new mac laptop. since the get/pay ratio is really just for people who have the money. i recently bought a new desktop pc and am currently trying to get OSX to run on it.... hope this works because i really the mac os

Nameci

Nameci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
I am PC user for 12 years. Never been a mac user, since i could not afford one. I am poor. :D

I bumped thru some Hackintosh stuff on the web, and started Hackintoshing with whatever I have.

I have installed Jas's 10.4.8 on my 15" Asus notebook. Never was i have reach contenment. Artifacts on the ATI Radeon Vid Card. I have this cheap chinese branded 12" notebook, up to specs, installed iAtkos v7, updated to 10.5.8, replaced the HDD with an SSD. I have never been more happier than today.

But still in my mind, I have to own an MBP, if I have already have the money.
OSX is a well designed software for a specific hardware. The more I have tinkered with my Hack Book Pro (lol), the more I have been accustomed to using OSX.

I said to myself, I would never go back to using Windows personally again. It is miles apart. Even with the release of Win 7.

Hackintoshes are here to stay, Apple will never lose revenues, from hackintosh, maybe will lose some opportunities, but maybe not since, those people who have experienced OSX will tend to buy the "real" one.

It is free marketing strategy.

:D

Apple benefits from the whole osx86 community imo.

Guest: M.Harley_*

Guest: M.Harley_*
  • Guests
LOL Well said.

Almost all Mac purists I've run into hate my Hackintosh system. They hate us because it brings to stark light how meaningless their closed platform is, and it reduces their beloved operating system to nothing more than a kickass BSD distro.

At least, that's my opinion. This post brought to you by a Hackintosh. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy