podcast available ??

25 posts in this topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd love it! Especially if it can cover all of the topics the forum has such as:

- OS X on non-Apple machines

- OS X on the new Intel Macs

- Windows Vista

- Linux

- Debates

- etc...

It would also be pretty cool to have interviews of the developers and other people who have made this community what it is.

I think it sounds like a great idea... the only problem is that I don't have time to do it.

We'll gladly support anyone and everyone who is committed to getting this thing off the ground. :)

Well i think someone should make a short script and whoever wants to give it a go records their voice saying the script. Then the mods or forum members choose whoever represented/said it the best. It should also be a person who knows what they're doing when it comes to x86. Although would a podcast about x86 be able to get into itunes music store?

Also you should put a topic about this in the "Front Page" section along with posting it in the home page as a news artivle.

im 100% interested in getting involved, although i dont think that id be best to do any talking, as i have a scoottish accent and people from tht USA often dont understand me perfectly

Lol. Personally, I love a good scottish accent. It'd be fine. So long as it's not Glaswegian. :(

since this is a OS X forum, and everyone has iTunes, it makes sense to make it an enhanced podcast, so it can show what is been said, and have clickable links to threads or external pages.

Also, there are two widespread types of podcasts that could work for this.

One is the kind of podcast that only remarks some situations and briefly describes it. Are hosted by one person, and normally are short. (like many news podcasts, I can't think of any names right now, but are plenty)

This could work by pointing some interesting discussions or things like that so listeners can go and check 'em out, and help the user in trouble or flame eachother to death, depending on the case.

Other, perhaps more common, is the one that includes more that one host, generally two, and they discuss about different topics, rather than only announcing it, those are normally longer. (think of Diggnation, Buzz Out Loud, and more)

This ones could be more like those podcast I mentioned, the hosts talk and discuss about the issues rised in the forum, participating in the discussion too, and talking how different issues raised by members can be solved etc. and inciting listeners to go there and participate too.

Here's my thoughts. I believe it should always be mostly the same hosts when it comes to the official podcast but an unofficial podcast should be taken up without a doubt. It should be screaned by mods/admins and then published. Therefore we could have the actual OSx86 Project statement and the thoughts of average osx86 project members. I believe node or colenels would be great for the unofical since they aren't admins or mods and are very active and enthusiastic about the podcast. After that i dont know. Tell me what you think, kevin

• 2 weeks later...