XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel

BlackCH

321 posts in this topic

You have spoken about my Nvidia 5xxx,6xxx,7xxx cards/chips sould work without QE ecc., but on installation what kekt should I select?

And If I wuold buy a Geforce FX5200, what kext?

Thanks

For those cards try NVinject; works pretty fine. For the 5200 I used Natit (v1 or v2) for long time; works fine too. You should get qe/ci with any of those drivers.

I think is your 4xxx graphics card which is giving you problems....

Failure. Updates broke my install.

I'd love for someone to help figure out why my keyboard/trackpad dont work. (Keyboard works on the Darwin screen, then fails to work anywhere else, even the terminal in the DVD.)

Try replaceing the ApplePS2controller.kext for another version; search the forum for it. It might help.

I have just update from 10.4.9 to 10.4.11 and I lost the qe/ci from my gma900. I installed both drivers (game driver and diaboliks patch) and remains the same. I have also tried gma driver from uphuck 10.4.9 and still with no qe/ci.

My graphics display is a gma900 with device id 0x2592. Any thoughts?

I have just update from 10.4.9 to 10.4.11 and I lost the qe/ci from my gma900. I installed both drivers (game driver and diaboliks patch) and remains the same. I have also tried gma driver from uphuck 10.4.9 and still with no qe/ci.

My graphics display is a gma900 with device id 0x2592. Any thoughts?

I had a similar issue with an upgrade but with GMA915 (see 3 posts up). Make sure the GMA950 kexts are not in the extensions folder and if they are then delete them. Delete the cache and reboot and all should be OK

Sam.

Try replaceing the ApplePS2controller.kext for another version; search the forum for it. It might help.

SUCCESS!!!! I installed over Uphuck 10.4.9i revision 3 using the following:

EFIGMALaptop

Stock Tiger kernel and stock kexts

All applicable system related patches

insomnia (Not tested as of yet)

Loginwindow from 10.4.4

And......IT WORKED!!!! I'm now running an EFI enhanced 10.4.11!

BlackCH, your my new hero!!!!!

And with an upgrade, I did not need to replace the ApplePS2controller.kext. Trackpad/Keyboard works. AirPort works.

Sleep is untested as of yet. (EDIT: Does not work. Sleeps, and wakes, but display does not wake.)

Still must boot with cpus=1 and now -legacy.

(EDIT: Very odd problem. If I boot with both cores, it will boot into single user mode. Always happens, and I cannot figure out why.)

Thanks BlackCH, for all your efforts and an extreme thanks for all your support!

My specs are:

Gigabyte GA-8IP900 p4 titan Intel 865P chipset Link: http://www.giga-byte.com.tw/Products/Mothe...?ProductID=1641

Sapphire RADEON 9600 Pro 256MB AGP. I also have access to a ALL in Wonder 8500DV. Although the 9600 worked with uphunk 10.4.9

Realtek ethernet card. unsure of the model but it is 10/100

Gonna use onboard realtek sound for osx and Creative Sound Blaster live 5.1 Digital SB0220 for windows when i go to dual boot later.

Also have a TV tuner card by Win TV 61111 Rev AM used for windows only.

My problem is:

I am completely lost here. I have tried installing XxX release like 20 times now selecting some different configs every time and i keep getting this damn "please try installing again" message at the end of the setup or it freezes towards the end of setup or kernal panic. What on earth am i doing wrong here? I do have to start it up with safemode to get it to start but thats nothing strange. Almost every disc I have had to do that with because of video. uphunks 10.4.9 installed 1st time no issues.

Here is what I have tried:

1. TOH 8.11.1 SSE2/SSE3 NO EFI - tried it about 6 times

2. 8.9.1 universal kernal and patches -tried it at least 5 times

3. all recommended patches checked

4. All none EFI patches checked

5. None of the ATA/USB patches as I have ICH5 and should have NO ISSUES with it detecting it correct?

6. ATI callisto b003 and b008 (tried one and then the other but both should work with 9600 pro, they did with uphunk)

7. Agp gart 1.2 lite and agpgart port issue patch for 865 chipsets

8. Azaliaaudio for realtek audio

9. realtekr1000 driver as i believe it will work with my PCI ethernet realtek card not sure. Maybe the generic one is the one I should use. still should not cause whats happening? even if i picked the wrong one!

10. some of the misc items on the bottom radion tool and everything else except powermangement bundle and insomnia patch

THATS it, it should install. YET it does not .. constantly asked to try installing again. WHY!!!!!! uphuck installed the first time I figured out the right drivers to install. SO what is the deal with this install? I want 10.4.11 and I really want the 865p AGP gart patch thats on this install. This is why i picked up the XxX release. Why do none of the kernal combinations work for me? I have now tried every kernal on this disc and have once again gotten the "please try installing again" message after trying the last of the 8.9.1 kernal options.

Can anyone help? THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I can't find that option? Where is it at?
When your inside of Disk Utility, select the whole disk instead of just your partition. You'll see a new option appear, labeled "Partition" next to "Erase". Select that, then choose a partition layout. (One partition, two partition's etc...) Then click "Options" and select either MBR or GUID.It's that easy :D
My specs are:Gigabyte GA-8IP900 p4 titan Intel 865P chipset Link: http://www.giga-byte.com.tw/Products/Mothe...?ProductID=1641Sapphire RADEON 9600 Pro 256MB AGP. I also have access to a ALL in Wonder 8500DV. Although the 9600 worked with uphunk 10.4.9Realtek ethernet card. unsure of the model but it is 10/100Gonna use onboard realtek sound for osx and Creative Sound Blaster live 5.1 Digital SB0220 for windows when i go to dual boot later.Also have a TV tuner card by Win TV 61111 Rev AM used for windows only.My problem is:I am completely lost here. I have tried installing XxX release like 20 times now selecting some different configs every time and i keep getting this damn "please try installing again" message at the end of the setup or it freezes towards the end of setup or kernal panic. What on earth am i doing wrong here? I do have to start it up with safemode to get it to start but thats nothing strange. Almost every disc I have had to do that with because of video. uphunks 10.4.9 installed 1st time no issues.Here is what I have tried:1. TOH 8.11.1 SSE2/SSE3 NO EFI - tried it about 6 times2. 8.9.1 universal kernal and patches -tried it at least 5 times3. all recommended patches checked 4. All none EFI patches checked5. None of the ATA/USB patches as I have ICH5 and should have NO ISSUES with it detecting it correct?6. ATI callisto b003 and b008 (tried one and then the other but both should work with 9600 pro, they did with uphunk)7. Agp gart 1.2 lite and agpgart port issue patch for 865 chipsets8. Azaliaaudio for realtek audio9. realtekr1000 driver as i believe it will work with my PCI ethernet realtek card not sure. Maybe the generic one is the one I should use. still should not cause whats happening? even if i picked the wrong one!10. some of the misc items on the bottom radion tool and everything else except powermangement bundle and insomnia patchTHATS it, it should install. YET it does not .. constantly asked to try installing again. WHY!!!!!! uphuck installed the first time I figured out the right drivers to install. SO what is the deal with this install? I want 10.4.11 and I really want the 865p AGP gart patch thats on this install. This is why i picked up the XxX release. Why do none of the kernal combinations work for me? I have now tried every kernal on this disc and have once again gotten the "please try installing again" message after trying the last of the 8.9.1 kernal options.Can anyone help? THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Try re-burning your DVD. It almost sounds like you have a corrupt DVD. Try burning it inside of Uphucks Disk Utility, or on Windows at the slowest speed possible!Although, I had this problem with the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, and burned it multiple times to no avail.Here's what worked for me:Install UphuckSetup Uphuck how you want itUse the XxX DVD to upgrade over Uphuck.That was the only way I could get the DVD to work for me, but it did work.Good luck:)

Try re-burning your DVD. It almost sounds like you have a corrupt DVD. Try burning it inside of Uphucks Disk Utility, or on Windows at the slowest speed possible!Although, I had this problem with the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD, and burned it multiple times to no avail.Here's what worked for me:Install UphuckSetup Uphuck how you want itUse the XxX DVD to upgrade over Uphuck.That was the only way I could get the DVD to work for me, but it did work.Good luck:)

Thanks for the reply. I thought about it being a bad burn but seemed unlikely since it gets all the way to the end and then decides its not gonna work and it depends on the kernal i use also. Sometimes it gets all the way through with one of the other kernals and then gives me a kernal panic on first boot. I have it burned on a DVD+RW at 2.4x so very slow and I burned it in leopard on my hackbook.

I will try your upgrade idea although I hate the idea of upgrading as it usually has unforeseen consequences. Would I be able to install any of the other stuff on the DVD with an upgrade? For example there is a fix for AGPgart for the 865p chipset when used with a 9600pro. I really want that fix. Could I actually install just that? Seems unlikely but I am still learning what can and cant be done in OSX so.

Thanks for the reply. I thought about it being a bad burn but seemed unlikely since it gets all the way to the end and then decides its not gonna work and it depends on the kernal i use also. Sometimes it gets all the way through with one of the other kernals and then gives me a kernal panic on first boot. I have it burned on a DVD+RW at 2.4x so very slow and I burned it in leopard on my hackbook.

I will try your upgrade idea although I hate the idea of upgrading as it usually has unforeseen consequences. Would I be able to install any of the other stuff on the DVD with an upgrade? For example there is a fix for AGPgart for the 865p chipset when used with a 9600pro. I really want that fix. Could I actually install just that? Seems unlikely but I am still learning what can and cant be done in OSX so.

Honestly, I've been using OSx86 DVD's since 10.4.4 and I'm still learning what can and cannot be done.

Try using a DVD-R, as DVD+RW's (Or just RW's) seem to have problems with booting.

Technically, no you cannot install other stuff on the DVD without actually booting the DVD and installing the base system. Although, if you have a working copy of OS X, you can put the DVD in after booting, and open it up to select packages to install manually. Some work, some dont. And yes, you can install patches and fixes on an upgrade.

Try upgrading Uphuck. It worked flawlessly for me. It even kept all of my uphuck preferences.

As for the Kernel Panic, are you booting with the "-legacy" kernel flag? (Press F8 at the Darwin screen and type -legacy)

How much ram do you have?

How much ram do you have?

2GB of ram and amazingly I tried a reburn and it worked with the 8.9.1 kernal. Now Im wondering if I can use the TOH universal SSE2/3 kernal. As this was amazingly a burn issue.

BlackCH what would you recommend is the best options for my install? I know I have my video card options correct. What I am wondering is what kernal is the best to use with my setup and what other suggestions you might have.

THANKS

2GB of ram and amazingly I tried a reburn and it worked with the 8.9.1 kernal. Now Im wondering if I can use the TOH universal SSE2/3 kernal. As this was amazingly a burn issue.

BlackCH what would you recommend is the best options for my install? I know I have my video card options correct. What I am wondering is what kernal is the best to use with my setup and what other suggestions you might have.

THANKS

What's your processor?

What's your processor?

2.6GHZ p4 socket 465 with HT but I have HT disabled in the bios because i know it leads to issues. The board has dual ch DDR but I have to admit that 2 of the chips are not exact matches. The other 2 are exact matches. Maybe I should pull the two mismatches but I figured it was not that big of a deal.

2.6GHZ p4 socket 465 with HT but I have HT disabled in the bios because i know it leads to issues. The board has dual ch DDR but I have to admit that 2 of the chips are not exact matches. The other 2 are exact matches. Maybe I should pull the two mismatches but I figured it was not that big of a deal.

I know the P4 supports SSE3, so I'd assume that the ToH universal kernel would work. Try it and see, is about all I can tell ya. (The worst that would happen is that you'd have to reinstall.) I opted for stock with EFI, as my machine is extremely close to a MacBook.

I'm assuming an upgrade from Uphuck is what worked? (Plus a re-burn?)

I cannot run with 2 cores, so I'd also assume HT would be kind of buggy. (I can neither confirm or deny this, as I dont have a machine with a P4.)

As for the RAM, having two different speeds shouldnt affect you. I have 2Gb of RAM, one running at 533Mhz, and the other running at 667Mhz. Just remember, OS X will underclock the slower RAM chip. (If it handles RAM like Windows does, but I cant confirm that either.)

Also, I've been having problems with insanelymac's website. Sometimes it lets me browse it, sometimes I get the "Unable to load webpage" error. (In both Firefox and Safari.) No other website is giving me this error. Anyone know if insanelymac is having server issues?

I know the P4 supports SSE3, so I'd assume that the ToH universal kernel would work. Try it and see, is about all I can tell ya. (The worst that would happen is that you'd have to reinstall.) I opted for stock with EFI, as my machine is extremely close to a MacBook.I'm assuming an upgrade from Uphuck is what worked? (Plus a re-burn?)I cannot run with 2 cores, so I'd also assume HT would be kind of buggy. (I can neither confirm or deny this, as I dont have a machine with a P4.)As for the RAM, having two different speeds shouldnt affect you. I have 2Gb of RAM, one running at 533Mhz, and the other running at 667Mhz. Just remember, OS X will underclock the slower RAM chip. (If it handles RAM like Windows does, but I cant confirm that either.)Also, I've been having problems with insanelymac's website. Sometimes it lets me browse it, sometimes I get the "Unable to load webpage" error. (In both Firefox and Safari.) No other website is giving me this error. Anyone know if insanelymac is having server issues?

My p4 is right before the inclusion of SSE3 code. That was done with the first prescott p4's. I tried the Toh kernal and just get panic's no matter what.

My 4 sticks of DDR1 are 2x 512mb are exact matching sticks and the other 2 are different brands. They are all the same speed. I know it can be an issue depending on what your doing. I actually pulled the two none matching sticks to see if it would help and the installs have all gone through but that could have just been a fluk. I plan to loosen the timings as much as I can and then re-add the sticks back after i get the install all set.

Oddly enough I got XxX install to work but with 8.9.1 and installed my radeon 9600 pro with Callisto b008 and agpgart 1.2 lite but i lost CI/QE support which sucked. Then I figured I would do an upgrade from uphuck 10.4.9 which I had both CI/QE but the bus was PCI before. So i decided to do the upgrade and this time the weirdest thing happen after reinstall of 10.4.9 I got CI/QE and AGP to show. WTF. So now I'm going to upgrade and hope it all stays.

Thanks for all the support. I also have trouble with insanelymac forum only though. Oddly enough if you go to the none graphical version that will always come up. So whenever I have issues I just load up the none graphical version and I can see the site at least. Its a strange issue but I think it just has to do with the sites bandwidth and not you.

-UPDATE- The upgrade failed and now I just get a reboot loop and no indication of why as it goes soooo fast. So I guess I'm gonna start all over. Is there no time machine in tiger? Gosh I'm already missing leopard. Lovely having it on my laptop.

You might have to stick to the 8.9.1 kernel. Is the only that worked on my SSE2 tests. Dont use EFI 'cos that kernel do not support it. The AGPGart you're installing is only 'cosmetic'; doesnt give you any AGP acceleration (according to the creator, intel chipsets were never supported). I used this together with natit/NVinject to make my FX5200 appear as AGP in the profiler, but no performance boost noticed. If you still whant this, first get it working without AGPGart and add it afterwards.

If you still try the 8.11.1 you must boot with '-legacy' flag; but that kernel doesnt work with a p4 prescott (SSE3) I have, so...

Check the first post for working install combinations

You might have to stick to the 8.9.1 kernel. Is the only that worked on my SSE2 tests. Dont use EFI 'cos that kernel do not support it. The AGPGart you're installing is only 'cosmetic'; doesnt give you any AGP acceleration (according to the creator, intel chipsets were never supported). I used this together with natit/NVinject to make my FX5200 appear as AGP in the profiler, but no performance boost noticed. If you still whant this, first get it working without AGPGart and add it afterwards.

If you still try the 8.11.1 you must boot with '-legacy' flag; but that kernel doesnt work with a p4 prescott (SSE3) I have, so...

Check the first post for working install combinations

BlackCH thanks for the info. I believe I got an almost perfect setup now. Video works great as I am now using mighty mouse to deal with screen tearing. There are still 2 issues with this XxX release however that I can seem to figure out. That is I can not get my realtek sound (onboard realtek chip) or realtek ethernet (pci card) to work with XxX. I can with uphuck 10.4.9 install using the exact same drivers during setup that are included with XxX release. Why they work with uphuck and not with XxX once the install finishes is a total mystery to me.

Here is what I have tried to fix this.

1. Used pacifist to extract the realtekR1000.kext and appleazaliaaudio.kext from uphucks 10.4.9r3 release. I figured they might for some reason be different then the ones you included. They were not.

2. Used kext helper b7 to install the two kext. I also deleted extentions.mkext and extension.kextcache manually.

3. Restarted.

I did this twice figuring I missed something the first time. Still no luck though. I dont have sound or ethernet.

What can I do to fix this?

Well here's where I am at. Maybe someone here has had the same experience.

I was running a great JaS 10.4.8 install I had spent awhile to get working on a laptop running a Core 2 Duo T5200 and GMA950 graphics.

I ran the Apple updater since my version of mac office 2008 complained it needed at least 10.4.9 to run. Then I couldn't get it back so I came here to grab the DVD with the patched kernels. It's very slick and has everything, but for whatever reason after installing with the recommended options:

8.10.1 Intel SSE3 kernel

no EFI kexts

Recommended Patches

Rebooting runs through verbose mode fine (or so it appears) then it hangs at a blue screen. Anyone else experience this and how did you resolve the issue. Thanks Black again for a great install DVD.

Well here's where I am at. Maybe someone here has had the same experience.

I was running a great JaS 10.4.8 install I had spent awhile to get working on a laptop running a Core 2 Duo T5200 and GMA950 graphics.

I ran the Apple updater since my version of mac office 2008 complained it needed at least 10.4.9 to run. Then I couldn't get it back so I came here to grab the DVD with the patched kernels. It's very slick and has everything, but for whatever reason after installing with the recommended options:

8.10.1 Intel SSE3 kernel

no EFI kexts

Recommended Patches

Rebooting runs through verbose mode fine (or so it appears) then it hangs at a blue screen. Anyone else experience this and how did you resolve the issue. Thanks Black again for a great install DVD.

Try adding add the GMA950 driver and perhups an older version of loginwindow.app to that selection.

I get a very odd problem. If I boot with both cores, it will boot into single user mode. Always happens, and I cannot figure out why. Here's a brief description of what happens:

Power system on, and tap F8 for the Darwin screen.

Type "cpus=2" or nothing at all to boot with two cores. (-legacy is in the kernel flags of the .plist)

I get to the grey Apple screen, and my screen goes black and flashes to:

localhost@root:

From there, the only option I have is "reboot". Everything else gives me "Permission Denied".

Or, I type "cpus=1" at the Darwin screen to boot.

Get to the grey Apple screen and it boots just fine.

I've heard of Dell's having problems booting with two cores, but I've also heard people say they've gotten their Dell laptop's to boot with both cores with no problem.

I have SpeedStep enabled in BIOS, also have XD enabled. I cannot figure this out, and it almost seems like I'm the first and only person to ever have this problem. It's very aggravating as I'd love to be able to use both cores.

Any ideas? (Also, FFScroll works for trackpad tap, where it did not in Uphuck 10.4.9. I guess that's a plus)

I've heard of Dell's having problems booting with two cores, but I've also heard people say they've gotten their Dell laptop's to boot with both cores with no problem.

I have SpeedStep enabled in BIOS, also have XD enabled. I cannot figure this out, and it almost seems like I'm the first and only person to ever have this problem. It's very aggravating as I'd love to be able to use both cores.

Any ideas? (Also, FFScroll works for trackpad tap, where it did not in Uphuck 10.4.9. I guess that's a plus)

Try a different kernel (?).

I got a STAC 9750 AC97 sigmatel audio card onboard I guess it is, any drivers for that?

I runned a quick search through the forum (something you might want to do):

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry106218

BlackCH or anyone else:

There are still 2 issues with this XxX release that I can not seem to figure out. That is I can not get my realtek sound (onboard realtek chip) or realtek ethernet (pci card) to work with XxX. I can with uphuck 10.4.9 install using the exact same drivers during setup that are included with XxX release. Why they work with uphuck and not with XxX once the install finishes is a total mystery to me.

Here is what I have tried to fix this.

1. Used pacifist to extract the realtekR1000.kext and appleazaliaaudio.kext from uphucks 10.4.9r3 release. I figured they might for some reason be different then the ones you included. They were not.

2. Used kext helper b7 to install the two kext. I also deleted extentions.mkext and extension.kextcache manually.

3. Restarted.

I did this twice figuring I missed something the first time. Still no luck though. I dont have sound or ethernet.

What can I do to fix this?

For your ALC655 (thats what you have), you need the AppleAC97Audio.kext you had working before, or edit the plist like here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=177444

with the difference that you have an ICH5 chipset...

here are more details about how to mod your audio kext:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

As for your network, if you dont say the exact model/chipset is difficult to help.