IPS Driver Error on Forum

~pcwiz

66 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

i get those every time i get back from work (GMT early morning)! and it stays that way for something like 2 hours!

driving me nuts, cause just when i need things, it happening. good old Murphy

EDIT

so it seems the site doing is maintenance work just when i have time :D.

My REAL problem is when trying to download a hole thread, it won't let me, just something like 5 pages

We know :)

My only recommendation is to not post during the times it goes down:

4:00-4:30 GMT +0100

6:20-6:30 GMT +0100

We'd all like it fixed. However the staff have effectively no control over these issues, we just run the forum software and the community side of things. All we can do is report it as still an issue.

Poco

Gets beyond a JOKE at times.

Especially when you TRY to post, it come up error, and all you had written is GONE

Unfortunately it is true, but I have rescued many times what I had written by using the back button in my browser and copying everything to a text editor.

Its getting more frequent. It occurs throughout the day randomly ;) .

I think its more than maintenance that's causing the IPS Driver Error .

Hope there is a permanent fix to this soon.

From past few days on daily bases. 2-3 times in morning UTC+1.

I really appreciate your patience on this guys, it's clearly far from ideal but as Poco said the staff don't directly have control over this - I've made our hosting provider aware of this and there is a long term fix being put in place, however in the relatively short term me and Poco are working in the background to upgrade the forum software to the very latest version which should help alleviate the errors as it has much more efficient SQL queries. Will keep you posted in this thread, but please bear with us for now.

• 3 weeks later...
I just want to chime in here and say I have been getting this error quite a bit at random times over the last two weeks. A few times a day.

It almost always happens at 5:00 a.m. CEST, I believe that is when they do their main maintenance. I don't know why it happens at other times, though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got the IPS from 11PM EST to roughly 1130PM EST.

Wonder if the hosting service is doing a scheduled backup of the server at this time or if it is a shared server, could be a load issue.

If the host has a log file in the root, check the times above.

We're working on a major upgrade for our forum software (IPB 3.2) which should help reduce the load on the server. However, it will take time as those contributing are doing so on a volunteer basis. The majority of the work has been completed, however there are details which need to be done before we can do our final testing.

Poco