L34p4rd x2

TeamToH

92 posts in this topic

I can see that Leopard is running on sse2, which in my opinion is very impressive! Way to go!

I am wondering if it has full or close-to-full compatibility with things like Rosetta. From what I was hearing, Apple was going to make the kernel much more dependent on sse3 making it harder to patch it to sse2 computers.

Was it a hard patch, or did Apple make this one relatively easy to do? Either way, it's great that there is already a big step done. :)

Guest bikedude880

Releasing tomorrow as has been stated dozens of times already. Just wait 21 more hours (that's 6PM PST) and you'll have your crack :P

Now here's the really big question: are our drivers going to work? This is an AMD X2 (64 bit) machine with a GeForce 7900GT that took some serious work getting running on 10.4.10 (had to use JaS 10.4.8 with special patches, no other disk would install).

It would be nice, but I'll settle for functional. Half the fun is getting it to work in the first place.

The other half of the fun is the fact that I'm still 8 months out from affording a real Mac, and I likes my shinies.