XxX_OSX86 10.4.10 Install DVD

BJMoose

223 posts in this topic

Bad News. Just like Uphuck, this installer can't boot from the DVD on my Asus P5B Jmicron ICH8 system. (I wonder why Intel introduced so many complication with this problem chip) I get the standard bootlist... not found error.

Even worse at least with Uphuck I can do a Vmware to native install, with XXX, its not booting even in Vmware, gets stuck in login window. Uphuck 1.4i R2/3 installer dvd boots just fine in Vmware. So fro me this is not working at all. Others with P965/ICH8/R who have tried this installer please report your experience.

EDIT: It is booting from Vmware.

Bad News. Just like Uphuck, this installer can't boot from the DVD on my Asus P5B Jmicrom ICH system. (I wonder why Intel introduced so many complication with this problem chip) I get the standard bootlist... not found error.

Even worse at least with Uphuck I can do a Vmware to native install, with XXX, its not booting even in Vmware, gets stuck in login window. Uphuck 1.4i R2/3 installer dvd boots just fine in Vmware. So fro me this is not working at all. Others with P965/ICH8/R who have tried this installer please report your experience.

Mine booted just fine on a Gigabyte 965P DS3 using IDE or USB DVD drive. Check you AHCI settings, this is where most of the booting issues with these chipsets arise. If in doubt use a USB DVD drive ( mine is via a USB enclosure).

Royco, can you confirm the dvd installer is booting from your IDE DVD drive connected to jmicron? That will be so strange because from mine it just gives that frustrating 'p bootlist...' error.

I may have to go get a ide-sata connector/usb drive to try this. Can someone tell me how the performance of this would be compared to Uphuck 1.4i R2. Is it worth upgrading?

My system is C2D E6300, Asus P5B vanilla, X1950pro, 2GB Ram

i INstalled this nice OSX, it running gr8, i have sse2 laptop Hp DV 1000, i have some minor probs, it boots in Verbos mode by default, its sumthing to deal with loginwindow.kext, i want proper mac boot screen, and its giving me this weird error when trying to restart see below image for reference,

1423248830_d9ec308608_b.jpg

i hope sumone able to help me in this situation

Ok, I managed to get this booting in Vmware. Intend to get a ide to sata connector soon to avoid this hassle on my P5B Jmicron. My experience with 0SX86 has so far been only with Uphuck so I will use that as a reference point. A few things:

1. The installer goes into 64 bit mode in vmware and crashes, I have to manually give boot option -legacy. System optimization in the installer takes a lot of time, what exactly does it do?

2. I managed to install in Vmware to native and when I reboot from the real drive the bootloader doesn't give any options like in Uphuck so I can put the option - legacy for instance, just boots directly into 64 bit mode. Is there any way to change this.

3. So far after booting everything seems to work ok, just like in Uphuck. Will have to use it more to get a better idea.

Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC (Mobile)

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

OS Service Pack Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 (IE 7.0)

DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Computer Name DARK-KNIGHT

User Name Dark Knight

Logon Domain DARK-KNIGHT

Date / Time 2007-09-22 / 06:19

Motherboard:

CPU Type Mobile Intel Core Solo T1350, 1866 MHz (14 x 133)

Motherboard Name Wistron 30B2

Motherboard Chipset Mobile Intel Calistoga-G i945GM

System Memory 502 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)

BIOS Type Phoenix (09/11/06)

Display:

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family (128 MB)

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset Family (128 MB)

3D Accelerator Intel GMA 950

Monitor Quanta QD14TL017 [14" LCD]

Network:

Primary IP Address 127.0.0.1

Primary MAC Address 00-16-D3-0D-96-59

Network Adapter Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Network Adapter Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

Modem HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter Conexant Cx20551 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0]

This is my laptop HP Persio 3000.

Can you help me to install MACOSX86 10.4.10 with Wifi and LAN working?

How to use NTFS/FAT32 Partition?

Which options should I choose to install? (image included)

installerdetailseq2.jpg

Is it pulled off the demon? I really can't find it..
If you can't find it then you really need to learn how to use Demonoid. It's still there.1. click on the "Torrents" button 2. in the Category list box, select Applications3. in the Subcategory list box, select Macintosh4. hit the Apply Filters buttonThat will get you a list of ONLY the torrents in the Mac Applications category5. scroll to the bottom of the list (pay attention to the dates as you go, they go back in time as you go down)6. find Friday, September 14th (you will probably have to click on the next button a time or two by now)7. if you seriously can't find it with these instructions, then either you don't have a Demonoid account (since this torrent is not available for people without an account) or you are very blind.
Network Adapter Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection Network Adapter Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection Modem HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP Multimedia: Audio Adapter Conexant Cx20551 @ Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller [b-0] This is my laptop HP Persio 3000. Can you help me to install MACOSX86 10.4.10 with Wifi and LAN working?How to use NTFS/FAT32 Partition?Which options should I choose to install? (image included)
Sorry, but I have some bad news for you. That wireless card is not supported, although people are working on a driver. You also cannot install OS X onto a FAT32 or NTFS partition, you need to reformat it as MacOS Extended.

Follow exactly this instructions and u will find the torrent, im downloading rigth now following these steps:

The filename is almost exactly what is in the title here. Go to the torrent list, select Applications and Macintosh from the drop down lists. Hit the apply filters button, and scroll down to Friday Sept. 14th. If you can't find it there then you are blind.

Hi, first of all I would like to thank everyone for this great release. It works perfectly on my P4 prescott with the newest kernel 8.10.3, sata support, buildin ethernet. I had no sound support, but this was easily fixed by downloading the 3rdPartyDrivers for AC97. With my previous JaS 10.4.9 install, I had glitches and artifacts with my ATI X1600, but it seems that with this release they have disappeared, even in quicktime :)

Now I only have one (noob) question. How can I replace the console boot procedure with the Apple logo and loading indicator instead of viewing all those messages at startup/shutdown as it was the case in the JaS release? Is it in fact possible?

Thanks!

If you can't find it then you really need to learn how to use Demonoid. .... if you seriously can't find it with these instructions, then either you don't have a Demonoid account (since this torrent is not available for people without an account) or you are very blind.

Dear bluedragon1971 I don't know where your manners went but how about behaving like a normal human being and stay polite? There is no need to get so nasty. I looked and didn't find it and for your information I am a demonoid user since a couple of years now. If you don't want to help people why on earth do you post on message boards? Probably to boost your self esteem and think you are the greatest. Oh yeah, please go back to your Windows, you earned it.

one of the best releases that have been made.. i got an sse2 system and it installed and booted fine.. just have to make some changes on some kexts to make ethernet and audio to work though..

thanks blackchungo!

@toxic

you might have installed the verbose mode in the patches i think. i think you have to edit com.apple.boot.plist to get rid of -v and it will go away.. i read it once here on how to do it.. cant find the thread.

Royco, can you confirm the dvd installer is booting from your IDE DVD drive connected to jmicron? That will be so strange because from mine it just gives that frustrating 'p bootlist...' error.

I may have to go get a ide-sata connector/usb drive to try this. Can someone tell me how the performance of this would be compared to Uphuck 1.4i R2. Is it worth upgrading?

My system is C2D E6300, Asus P5B vanilla, X1950pro, 2GB Ram

Raulb

Yes it boots on my IDE port. Im typing this on this installation right now. i know we have different boards but here are my settings that might be of help to you. Your best bet is the usb dvd drive if everything else fails. Be sure to check the jmicron and ICH8 patches incase you want your IDE drive accessible inside OSX

SATA AHCI mode [AHCI]

SATA port 0-3 Native mode [Enabled]

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl mode [iDE]

I applied the PPF1 file to the installer disk and now I've got to say that this installation does appear to be the 'one size fits all' installer with the latest kernel (8.10.3) for the Bad Axe 2 board (if you're using USB sound to get in and out).

I didn't notice it on the first disk, but this one even has the appleSMBIOS version 1.06 for CS3 software (that might have been the CS3 Patch before). It installs the ethernet settings properly for FCS2 out of the box with no need to check anything. Rosetta dependent software like Eudora and MS Office installs and runs with no tweaks needed. I was even able to register my FCS2 software which I couldn't do with the Kalyway version.

I haven't had a chance to test its stability under high stress (heavy video rendering and encoding) yet, but I'll get to that over the next couple of days. Good job Blackchungo!

Hey guys - I downloaded the iso and ppf patcher/patch - got the new iso burned.. swapped hd's ( i have a 2nd one laying about just for install tests) ..

formatted the drive as fat32 in gparted live cd - set the boot flag

booted the xxx iso -

Disk Utility found the drive - formatted it as hfs journalled went through the full install - only selecting ICH7-R, Azalia, Realtek and Natit patches along with the 10.4.10 standards.

Rebooted, and only get a flashing cursor in the top left of the screen. The cursor drops down about 5 lines, but just blinks - no other activity on the screen at all.

Tried a reinstall with one of the custom kernels and without the ICH7-R.

I set Bios to default - and played around a bit with acpi - Anyone seen this and know a way around it?

My board is an MSI 945GM3 with a P-D930VT@3ghz