XxX_OSX86 10.4.10 Install DVD

BJMoose

223 posts in this topic

Hi! Any one! Help me plizzzZZ!

I Install XXX 10.4.10 in ESS2 P4 - 1.5 Ghz

But after install if I install any Drivers for GeForce 7600GS AGP (ID=0x02e1)

My system not loads.... and if I install Titan or Natit system stop when load loginwindows...

or if I install "NVIDIA for All" drivers MacOS started but blue display and after don`t go next step...

Help.... plz!

Hi! Any one! Help me plizzzZZ!

I Install XXX 10.4.10 in ESS2 P4 - 1.5 Ghz

But after install if I install any Drivers for GeForce 7600GS AGP (ID=0x02e1)

My system not loads.... and if I install Titan or Natit system stop when load loginwindows...

or if I install "NVIDIA for All" drivers MacOS started but blue display and after don`t go next step...

Help.... plz!

yes pls. will the experts around enlighten us regarding the use of appropriate drivers and other components in kalyway osx86 10.4.10? lucky for me i was able to successfully install the hackintosh but i believe i still need to know them.

hi,

for th elast 5 hours i've tryed to install XxX 10.4.10 on a E6600, Gigabyte 965P DS4, 2G Ram and a 40G IDE hdd.

for all my tries everything's fine on install part, erase/formate hdd, as journaled, select the hdd for install.. installing. then .. restart.

change in bios, the boot order, to boot from hdd first, restart again, then after bios init and check.. nothing's happen. nothing.. it's just doing nothing.

the tries:

1: full options, with patches, Marwell network drivers, Audion ALC.., ICHR8, USB and ATA.. Nvidia..

2: Only with patches and aditional but not required stuff, i just forgot the names

3: Clean install, without anything else

4: Insert a Win CD, delete all partitions, then reformating the hdd under disk utility.

nothing... it just does not start from hdd...

5: smoking some cigares to calm down, reconnect the win hdd, and writting here....

please advice, my morale is too low right now.

thanks

Same disappointment here... I managed to install it mostly by luck, I guess, but it was working almost OK: stereo sound (not 6 channels), applications, even installs, but......... NO LAN. I tried the possible and the imposssible and managed to crash it. Seems my motherboard (Gigabyte GA 965P-S3 rev. 3.3) is not at all compatible with any release, at least not fully compatible. The main problem is the LAN card, everything else worked (well, the sound is also a problem, but less important). If anyone knows how to make it work, please let me know. .

I forgot to mention the ethernet card is Marvell Gigabit Ethernet 88E8056, onboard.

finaly, i got it work. formated the hdd with MBR option.

but... dont have a lan... it doesnt recognize the Marvell 8053..

some people, tells that i need to get the IONetworkingFamily.kext from a 10.4.7 and do something with it...

ok, where should i find that?

please... can u help us guys?

When i double-click .dmg file or .iso file splash a screen: Warning, following disk image failed to mount. reason: device not configured.

What happend?

have you applied the PPF1?

seems you have a mismatch between the kernel and the system.kext

which kernel are U using?

(my emphasis) . . this is twice you have posted in this thread asking about Kalyway 10.4.10: this topic is for the XxX DVD.

sory. my bad. overlooked it & thought all along that they're one and the same and hoping there's not much difference.

finaly, i got it work. formated the hdd with MBR option.

but... dont have a lan... it doesnt recognize the Marvell 8053..

some people, tells that i need to get the IONetworkingFamily.kext from a 10.4.7 and do something with it...

ok, where should i find that?

please... can u help us guys?

The PPF2 is out in the demon

By the way it adds a Yukon 88E 8053 driver. That might work for U

I installed XxX 10.4.10 and everything worked out like a charm. I have a little problem: after instalation i had 2 out of 3 NTFS partitions on my other hdd already mounted. My questions is: can i mount the third partition as well? I tried ntfs-mac.com, but after i installed it ALL my ntfs partitions were gone... uninstalled and now back to 2 out 0f 3. I'm not sure if i should install macfuse and ntfs3g, im afraid not to f**k up my system ;). Any ideas?

. . thank you: nice to see the NV8xxx driver (& of course the Yukon 88E8053 plus the CharPallette fix smile.gif)

Yeah, thanks to you for sending me those two...!

I must say that the NV8xxx drivers are untested on my distro so use at you own risk!

...and sorry, but I couldnt find a way to fix the dictionary...

can't find any "XxX_OSX86 10.4.10" both in tpb & greendemon. is there really a separate "XxX" package-version or is it the same as that of kalyway's?

XxX is an entirely different install than Kalyway's. I just looked and it's still on the demon. Just filter for Macintosh and go back to Sept. 14. It's compressed to 1.19gb.