XxX_OSX86 10.4.10 Install DVD

BJMoose

223 posts in this topic

XxX is an entirely different install than Kalyway's. I just looked and it's still on the demon. Just filter for Macintosh and go back to Sept. 14. It's compressed to 1.19gb.

tnx BJMoose. perhaps why i still can't find it is bcoz i'm not registered. how i wish someone can send me an invitation code. sigh.

Blackchungo: is there a way that we can put the startup-time in boot.plist by automatic?

in uphuck dvd, after the installation & reboot there is 5 seconds on which we can choose our operating system.

but in this release, there is none. it boot right away to mac.

i know how add it in boot.plist. but i want to add that in the installation dvd.

show me how to add it pls..

you have to edit the com.apple.boot.plist located in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration

so it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
[color="#FF0000"]<key>Timeout</key>
<string>20</string>	[/color]
       <key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Boot Graphics</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

this will add 20 sec countdown.

I have the XxX version installed for about two weeks now (with PPF1 integrated) and it runs really well. This certainly has been my most succesful attempt to install OS X on my PC. :D

I hope there'll be a Leopard release just as nice as this one is! Many thanks for this release!

NOT A DIRECT LINK! That's just the profile of the person who uploaded it :(

http://www.demonoid.com/users/XXXoX86

If anyone out there can help, I can't get his release to work right. I patched his ISO with PPF1 and 2, burned, booted, and I get a "Can Not Display This Device" error (from my monitor!). What's up with that??

i really can no longer find this distro. i'm not registered in green demon so will someone be kind enough to send me the torrent file? [macinized@mac.com] tnx in advance.

I guess I'll rant a bit - how about reading this thread. Blackchungo stated a couple of times he uploaded it to mininova as well as demonoid.

Didn't work for me, just like mac.nub's version. Both freeze at the same debugger panic saying something about invalid frame pointer, but if I DISABLE USB Support in my BIOS, I can get past that, but I have a USB Mouse.

I tried plugging in my PS/2 Mouse, but then I get the same panic as before.

Does ANYBODY know what to do or anything to help me? I've been trying to research for hours, and I posted all of this on the other thread but nobody helped.

I don't know what to do if I can't use USB, and if I plug in PS/2 Mouse it does the same error. I can't install without a mouse.

Amazing release!

I still have a big problem though... OSX won't boot on my laptop if I'm on batery! The laptop has to be plugged on power adapter, otherwise the boot hangs right before it mounts the volumes...

My laptop is VAIO S3XP with pentium M 2.00 GHZ (SSE2 only)

tried many kernel available on the XXX dvd, but it's always the same problem...

any thoughts?

thx in advance B)

Ok I find system.kext open it and check info.plist and it show 8.10.1, well i changer it to 8.9.1 but nothing happend, is it Ok how i did?

No man, you dont have to edit the plist. You must to replace the whole system.kext with the right one. Install the system.pkg located in /system/installation/packages/ (inside the DVD).

then in the terminal type:

sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/system.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/system.kext

Amazing release!

I still have a big problem though... OSX won't boot on my laptop if I'm on batery! The laptop has to be plugged on power adapter, otherwise the boot hangs right before it mounts the volumes...

My laptop is VAIO S3XP with pentium M 2.00 GHZ (SSE2 only)

tried many kernel available on the XXX dvd, but it's always the same problem...

any thoughts?

thx in advance :)

the only think I can think off is about the powermanagement.bundle located in /system/library/systemconfiguration/ . If you didnt install the bundle (miscellaneous menu) then run the pwrmngmt.pkg from /system/installation/packages/ (in the DVD), repair permissions. reboot, see if it works. If you did install the package then try to replace it with the original bundle from apple. This can be extracted with pacifist from the essentials.pkg (same directory as above).

the only think I can think off is about the powermanagement.bundle located in /system/library/systemconfiguration/ . If you didnt install the bundle (miscellaneous menu) then run the pwrmngmt.pkg from /system/installation/packages/ (in the DVD), repair permissions. reboot, see if it works. If you did install the package then try to replace it with the original bundle from apple. This can be extracted with pacifist from the essentials.pkg (same directory as above).

1st of all, thx for your fast reply blackchungo

Now, I tried different installs, with and without the powermanagement bundle, the result was always the same, no boot possible on batery.

I also tried your method, with pacifist, and I couldn't find the default apple's powermanagement.bundle in your dvd (i looked everywhere).

For now i'll just boot my laptop on powersector, and hopefully someday you'll find a solution for me ^^

Keep the good work anyway!

No man, you dont have to edit the plist. You must to replace the whole system.kext with the right one. Install the system.pkg located in /system/installation/packages/ (inside the DVD).

then in the terminal type:

sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions/system.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions/system.kext

:) Ok, i understand now, ill try it, thanks again!

A complete Hackintosh n00b here, so I apologize in advance :)

I grabbed the XxX release (PPF2 I believe) from the demon and am trying to get it working on my Toshiba Satellite M115-S3154 laptop. I have the install working and it runs really really well . . . except I can't get the sound, LAN, and Wireless working.

According to Toshiba's specs sheet, the networking cards are as follows:

--Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection - 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet

--Intel® PRO/Wireless Network Connection 3945ABG

I've read around through the forums enough to know that the 3945ABG card has no working driver. I've also read that the PRO/100VE card has no driver -- but I found something weird: The XPMC that comes loaded on the laptop installed a RealTek8139/810x Family driver. I know there's a 8139 driver w/ the XxX release, and from what I can tell it's loading, but I can't find the device in OSX.

I can mount DMGs fine, so I don't think I have a system.kext issue like described earlier in the thread. Is there any chance of me getting any of the internal networking cards working in this laptop?

Thanks in advance,

DrHogie

I guess I'll rant a bit - how about reading this thread. Blackchungo stated a couple of times he uploaded it to mininova as well as demonoid.

not in mininova as well. but no longer need to fret. i already got an invitation code to greendemon & found it there. but just before i start downloading it, will anyone know if my ati radeon hd2400pro sonic videocard will work in this distro? coz the only reason i intend to try this version is bcoz i can't get my videocard work with kalyway's.

on my intel D975XBX2 mainboard

+ 4G corsair xms2 ddr800 1g x 4 ram (cl4 4-4-4-12, 2.1v, but stable at 5-5-5-18, 1.84v)

+ sapphire 1950xt 256mb (need install driver separately or give you a blue screen)

everything work

but cannot type Chinese, because no input method in International (System Preference),

what can i do?

need help,many thx! :rolleyes:

I dont know how you do your search. It took me 30 sec to find the torrent in mininova.

and, about your card, no, it wont work,

i just don't know also. tried it again before replying now but still can't find it. anyway, doesn't really matter anymore. there's no more point for me to try XxX's since it won't work w/ my videocard. tnx anyway. almost fully moved to leopard.

Blackchungo,i think there still has a problem with this bulid:when i after installed Autodesk MAYA 2008,it cannot registed,the liscence dat file works in windows and linux,it seems has a fixed IONetworking file included in uphuck1.4