XxX_OSX86 10.4.10 Install DVD

BJMoose

223 posts in this topic

Mine booted just fine on a Gigabyte 965P DS3 using IDE or USB DVD drive. Check you AHCI settings, this is where most of the booting issues with these chipsets arise. If in doubt use a USB DVD drive ( mine is via a USB enclosure).

Change your AHCI settings to compatibility in BIOS and it should work. ICH8R/M is the Santa Rosa platform that was released in 10.4.10. We need a proper 10.4.10 install/kernel.

So I finally had time to sit down tonight and troubleshoot, seems my booting issues were related to the burner suddenly having a fit with the media I've been using for months, a new pack of dvd's from a known good ink type allow me to boot.

Now that that is sorted, I can boot into the XxX release but I get immediate kernel panic with the Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI" error (not the mode error). This occurs during the boot of the installer, and using -f -x -s and the platform= settings didn't work. From my searches I gather I need to replace AppleAPIC.kext with the AppleAPIC.kext from JaS 10.4.8, but it seems it will be a few days before I can do that :( with encryption on in my torrent client. At least that will also give me a different build to play with.

For those users with a Gigabyte 965P-DS3, what drivers did you select on install?

I tried one go with no additional drivers other than sound and video and got a 'waiting for root' problem, and another go with ICH8/R and got the machine to boot, but after a fairly long delay caused by diskarb errors. Should I be installing the JMicron drivers as well/instead?

Also, what is the verdict on the .3 kernel? What does it do better than the .1 kernel for a Core 2 Duo system?

i installed the xxx disk, and selected all the correct drivers for my 6500t, and then when i restart the computer, it hangs right after the part, where it says , it cant find the local hostname or something, so its going to use default name of bmacintosh and it just stops. and freezes....anyone know what this error is and how i can fix it?? thanks

Just FYI for other Gigabyte 965P-DS3 users, you'll need to install the ICH8/R driver and the ALC883 sound driver to make your motherboard fully compatible. I also had to install the Yukon driver from Pion's DS3/4 driver package in order to get my onboard networking operational. Also, if you want to fix the mis-reported CPU and memory speeds, you can try the AppleSMBIOS.kext on netkas's site. It fixed the CPU reporting for me, but then broke the memory speed reporting. Going back to the AppleSMBIOS.kext from the JaS 10.4.8 disc fixed both for me, and Adobe CS3 still appears to function with this kext as well.

can any one tell me where i can find cs3 patch?pls

and how do i work with .kext files ?some one told me to put adobebios.kext in extention folder i cant find it (system libarary extention)why?

It's an option on this disk (XxX) and also on Kalyway's disk.

I've upload the original unpatched image and the PPF1 patch in the BAY. Since some people had problems partitioning/formating their HDs the PPF1 torrent also includes a How-To-Prepare-Your-HD PDF guide.

Someone has also uploaded an already patched image there. Be aware that if I relase new PPFs you will need the unpatched image (or un-patch a patched one) for patching

search 'hackintosh' for the image.

once you get to that click on my user name and you'll see the PPF torrent.

I live in Canada and Demon is blocked for Canadian residents :P can we have the torrent file uploaded somewhere else? like mininova.org?

Thnx

Maybe you would like to browse through the thread and maybe you'll find your answers before asking.....

BTW: demon seems to be UP

when I go to Demenoid.com, I recieve this:

"We received a letter from a lawyer represeting the CRIA, they were threatening with legal action and We need to start blocking Canadian traffic because of this. If you reside in Canada, that is the reason you are being redirected to this message. Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience."

so, its not about the site being up or down

Dear bluedragon1971 I don't know where your manners went but how about behaving like a normal human being and stay polite? There is no need to get so nasty. I looked and didn't find it and for your information I am a demonoid user since a couple of years now. If you don't want to help people why on earth do you post on message boards? Probably to boost your self esteem and think you are the greatest. Oh yeah, please go back to your Windows, you earned it.

On the first page of this thread, I posted a nice set of instructions on how to find it. If you followed them, you would find it. You came back on the next page and said you still couldn't find it, to which I replied with a detailed, step by step set of instructions. There really is no excuse other than the total inability to follow directions for not finding it. If you feel that I was being rude by giving you concise directions, then perhaps the problem is with you, not me.

Question guys, do you think i will be able to install os x without a problem with this computer. its fairly new and has great components. here are my specs:

GIGABYTE GA-P35 S3L ICH9 (is that supported?)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550

2GB of Corsair RAM

EVGA 8800GTS 320MB

Question guys, do you think i will be able to install os x without a problem with this computer. its fairly new and has great components. here are my specs:

GIGABYTE GA-P35 S3L ICH9 (is that supported?)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550

2GB of Corsair RAM

EVGA 8800GTS 320MB

The chipset is not fully supported AFAIK, althou there are some PPL using that chipset (ICH9) with good results.

You might want to read this, this and this thread

Has anyone had any success installing this on an external USB Drive?

I tried installing JAS 10.4.8 on an Inspiron 1100 with a P4 2.2ghz (sse2 only)

I wanted to test it before I wiped my internal Hard Drive to see if it would work. I saw that a few poeple had success installing this on an Inspiron 1100.

When I tried the JAS 10.4.8 it installed and worked find was able to format the external and eeverything. Only problem was that it would start to boot and get as far as the apple logo with a loading circle. Then a gray box with an X in it would appear and seem like it would just it there forever. I waited for a while before restarting with no luck.

Has anyone had success on an Inspiron 1100 with an external usb? or one or the other?

Thanks for the help.

I can't guarantee anything about your Inspiron 1100, but I've installed this to both a USB 8gb thumbnail drive (really slow) and to USB 80gb 5400rpm 2.5 inch external drive (much better). I've since switched to Kalyway, but not because there was anything wrong with XxX (although I was never able to get the dictionary to work). I use that USB drive as an emergency drive and to make backup images of my system drive with CopyCatX.

You'll want to make sure that you have the option in your laptop's bios to boot from USB first, or it may not do you any good.

would anyone know if the new apple (aluminum) keyboard will work in the osx86 running in my pc? since i'm already into the mac os, might as well try to have the "look" also - at least little by little. :)

pls. advise. tnx in advance!